Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jo_Ndule

Oda has shown some amazing spreads this arc, and this chapter is no exception. I also love how Oda hasconsistently drawn the same background characters throughout the arc.

Kin transforming 5400 people is pretty damn impressive, his DF could possibly be awakened.

Funny how Oda is showing Carrot separate from the rest of the Minks. I wonder what's up with that

Because Carrot will he Mugiwara next

Kinnemon has good df mastery

i just realized that the dude from punk hazerd that said tell jack about this is who's who
We all thought it was a Cape, turns out it was his hair

Don’t think so. Jinbe had just said some lines as well, and I don’t think any samurai, including Kinemon, are familiar enough with the Yonko system to refer to them as Yonko. Kinemon and company have only just arrived to the future, the Yonko didn’t exist back then, and Wano is a closed country so nobody else would have known. Plus the “don’t get caught in doubt” statement preceded it, and that sounds like something Jinbe would say (he said something similar on WCI).
In zou,kinemon and the other scabbards clearly told the strawhats that Wano is occupied by the pirate emperor Kaido which already highlights they are familiar with the "Emperor" term.
The person in this chapter is telling the whole alliance to not doubt themselves and feel confident for the upcoming war with Brook highlighting the samurai's determination just before that speech.I don't think it is Jinbe,he has no authority to speak to the whole alliance that way.
Let's wait for the Viz version for clarification though.

Last edited:
Don’t think so. Jinbe had just said some lines as well, and I don’t think any samurai, including Kinemon, are familiar enough with the Yonko system to refer to them as Yonko. Kinemon and company have only just arrived to the future, the Yonko didn’t exist back then, and Wano is a closed country so nobody else would have known. Plus the “don’t get caught in doubt” statement preceded it, and that sounds like something Jinbe would say (he said something similar on WCI).
It's Brook giving the Yonko speech.

I just don't get it why spoiler provider made hints that there will be Ace in this chapter.
And where did he get the ida that Page One and Ulti are siblings from?
He posted the picture of the Black Maria stock image on the wiki page (same image if you type it on google). He either was being mean or just wanted people to do a reverse search.

Nice chapter, more use of Kin's fruit power, finally, DJ Apoo is back, the fodders staffs (pleasures and waiters) the one that will receives YC1 powerups in the anime (Gifters and Shinuchis or Headliners I guess), kinda sad that the numbers, once again, are not shown and introduced, but damn Kaido's crew is massive

Then came to this

They looks a lot more interesting than the all stars calamities, also except for Drake, looks like the rest of the Tobi Roppo seems to have horns, or Horn like ornaments since Page One's zoan form doesn't seems to have horns iirc
Sasaki is probably a fishman judging from the design thou I might be wrong, the Giant lady Black Maria is my favorite

Who's who thou, I thought I saw him somewhere, then I realized that he really reminds me of this dude

just had to double check to see if it's him or not
Turns out it's not... Or that's him with his early design, we might never know unless someone ask Oda through SBS or Oda tell us in the later chapter I guess

Kinda hoping their bounties are revealed too, but oh well, maybe that's something for the next chapter, or the Vivre Card data book
A good way you can possibly tell its not is the fact that this guy, later on, tells a henchman to instruct Jack to take care of this Doflamingo problem when Caesar is kidnapped. That right there would imply to me that this person is above the Tobi Roppo. With the fact that we have yet to see the Ace card anywhere, its possible this is him, and also Kaido's son, which is heavily speculated rn.

Because Carrot will he Mugiwara next

Kinnemon has good df mastery

We all thought it was a Cape, turns out it was his hair
He's definitely bald though lol, even in the manga silhouette you can see this. Its a feathered cape like Kaido has.

Status
Not open for further replies.