Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Viz translation is much clearer for the tobi Roppo.
-Page One calls Ulti his sister
-Ulti has a very posh manner of speaking, and loses her temper easily
-Maria suggests that Who's Who is the one who considers himself the strongest
-apparently the only thing Kaido considers urgent is a family matter, so the TR do seem to have gathered for something to do with his son

Something which is more clean now:
-Pageone and Ulti seems brother and sister
-When Who's Who asking about the next calamity if Queen dies, Black Marie didn't say something to xDrake, she mean Who's Who, who think to beeing the next calamity. xDrake just ask Who's who question which not having interest to beeing a calamity.

In that case in my opinion Who's Who and Sasaki beeing probably the strongest flying six(similar like Perospero and Snack @Jo_Ndule ).

- When xDrake ask why Kaido letting them wait,Ulti said something about Kaido family issue. Could either mean with Big mom,the numbers(I don't think they having right now a wild good party) and his son(most like he).

Yeah, Viz translation is much clearer for the tobi Roppo.
-Page One calls Ulti his sister
-Ulti has a very posh manner of speaking, and loses her temper easily
-Maria suggests that Who's Who is the one who considers himself the strongest
-apparently the only thing Kaido considers urgent is a family matter, so the TR do seem to have gathered for something to do with his son
Or the Number's, if they are somewhat related to him. At this point who knows? But yeah, it's probably his Son.

I have this stupid feeling that Kaido's son is who really manages the Beasts Pirates (the "Ace" maybe), and Drunk Kaido gets pissy about it because he's always drunk and suicidal, and his son doesn't like taking part in festivities. Dumb guess at this point but we'll probably find out within the next few chapters.

Last edited:
I saw some people doubting that the alliance were aware of Big Mom's presence in Onigashima, well this chapter just proves it. Next chapter only in 10 May tho :lusalty:
Next issue is the "Golden week" double issue. History has shown (like the last 6 years lol) that we normally get spoilers on this issue a few days early, so while no chapter this coming week, spoilers may leak for 979 next weekend or earlier than normal the following week.

Now I can understand why Kaido want Linlin to show his flying six, he has after his top Yonkou commander another Calamity lvl character on his side,he must be proud of them. Who's Who have most like a bounty above 700M and beeing strong enough to became a top Yonkou commander.

Be hyped to see these monsters in actions.
Probably the change of opinion about the Veteran lvl characters change a little much in the battledome.

@Emperor Nami @Sentinel
Your thoughs about it?
Back then we all agree that Doffy could low diff Veteran lvl characters, but seeing how Oda hyping them up as Calamity Character this though chance a little bit.

Now I can understand why Kaido want Linlin to show his flying six, he has after his top Yonkou commander another Calamity lvl character on his side,he must be proud of them. Who's Who have most like a bounty above 700M and beeing strong enough to became a top Yonkou commander.

Probably the change of opinion about the Veteran lvl characters change a little much in the battledome.

@Emperor Nami @Sentinel
Your thoughs about it?
Back then we all agree that Doffy could low diff Veteran lvl characters, but seeing how Oda hyping them up as Calamity Character this though chance a little bit.
How many veterans in big mom pirates? All i know daifuku, oven and perospero

@Emperor Nami @Sentinel
Your thoughs about it?
I'm pretty sure there is still a gap of power level between the Tobi Roppo and the All Stars, Oda is hyping them up but it doesn't mean they are near the same power level as King, Queen, and Jack yet. Even if one of them replaces an All Star it doesn't mean they are suddenly on the same level as them, we'll have to wait and see these guys in action before jumping to conclusions and also if the mid and weak trio SHs actually 1v1 these guys then that will prove even more that they are nowhere close to being on the same power level as the All Stars.

@Emperor Nami @Sentinel
Your thoughs about it?
They really seem to be the counterpart of the Veterans.
Im definitely hyped to see these guys in action! :steef:One of them (I'm betting on Who's who) could even be YC3 lvl, making him a fitting candidate if Queen suddenly died. The bounties prolly range from 400-850M. I could see 2 or 3 having 500M+ bounties. It'd be nice if they could be shown to have Haki as well hat seems to be non-existent in the BP (at least in manga) so far

IM HOPING THERES SABERTOOTH ZOAN, enough of these dinos I wanna see some monstrous felines!!

Status
Not open for further replies.