Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, pretty much confirmed for me, that zoro will get his time hiyori and orochi + his background will be revealed here.

Ps. I believe hiyori is in onigashima, there was in the last chapter a woman, who played the same instrument as hiyori. So I believe she infiltrated onigashima to kill orochi herself.
She purposedly didn't say anything to the others, so that they wouldn't stop her. But things will get fucked up, so zoro will come to the rescue.

My theory on this.
This one right?

I think you are right on this. Hiyori disappeared days before they even set sail to Onigashima. It'd be very uncharacteristic of Oda to just let main arc characters hang like this. Its very likely this is her and she will try and assassinate Orochi. I wouldn't be surprised if she is wearing a mask again here (and people don't recognize it because they believe she is dead). Though Orochi knows she lives so maybe he's just letting her play here (she'll likely fail in assassinating him).

And Tobi Roppo. They have normal devil fruits. That probably was the bulk strength of his crew. Big Mom's strength come from the variety of paramecia fruits her family has. Kaido's seem to be focused entirely on Zoans.

Tbh, I don't think the Smile plotline paid off well. Punk Hazard/DR were entirely focused on cutting Kaido's SAD supply lines, but he already built a huge number of his crew as gifters/headliners and to our protagonists they are pointless/aren't really that good lol.

I'm curious if Oda has another plan with them, something that transforms all gifters into even worse abominations, but at this point I doubt it.
Well it's sure that the Smiles as they look right now are far from being the great power-up that Caesar Clown boasted them to be.

There must be way more to this chapter.
Probably little things like where the rest of the Strawhats/Samurai/Mink go and maybe the arrival of the BM children (or its just Linlin here), but I'm not sure theres too much more happening save for dialogue. This is why getting super early spoilers sucks, the persception that the chapter has to be huge and rewarding skyrockets because we waited so long for it.

How or why would this happen here and now?
My bet is that he is the son of shimotsuki ushimaru and that in the uprising of the daimyos 20 years ago, he got killed by the beast pirates (most likely by king, if zoro does fight him).
Well somebody will see the similarity of them. Or in any other way will this be known. Who knows 🤷‍♂️

So he will "avenge" his father (zoro doesn't fight for revenge) and rescue hiyori.

A shimotsuki protecting a kozuki from a kurozumi. Well, that would be quite a fateful event of wano 😁

This one right?

I think you are right on this. Hiyori disappeared days before they even set sail to Onigashima. It'd be very uncharacteristic of Oda to just let main arc characters hang like this. Its very likely this is her and she will try and assassinate Orochi. I wouldn't be surprised if she is wearing a mask again here (and people don't recognize it because they believe she is dead). Though Orochi knows she lives so maybe he's just letting her play here (she'll likely fail in assassinating him).
Yep, exactly.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
This isnt far fetched

When on the timeline have we seen that Kanjuro would've actually been to onigashima?

The far fetched thing happened two chapters ago when kanjuro somehow managed to escape with Momo
Wait, this is interesting. If Orochi decided to make kanjuro as "kozuki" spy for him, in logic he should tell kanjuro where his allies (kaido) base which is in onigashima. So, you tell me if kanjuro never knew onigashima, why Orochi dont give kanjuro map to onigashima? Idk its just sounds lame to me :whitepress:

Except Zoro doesn't have Shusui anymore...but got the Kaido slaying Enma ....
but if that really happened, I wonder how long Sanji and Shanks Fans gonna keep sulking :jay-he:
It might not happen though, Oda wont give main villains to anyone but Luffy :sus:
Captain Morgan was main villain and Zoro beat him.
Plus Hody got oneshot by Zoro too.

Anyways is possible that they message in the OP magazine refers that he will leave the island being recognized as the next Ryuma by the Wano ppl.

I think doing more damage than Oden is enough tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.