Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf are you basing this on?

If you wanna base anything on events of this chapter then you should be arguing
Kidd >Apoo >= Zoro >>>>>>>>>>> Luffy

Luffy was the one who got knocked out and Zoro was just saving his life instead of defeating Apoo.

In reality its more like
Luffy >=Zoro > Kid > Law > Drake > Apoo >= Killer > Hawkins > Capone/Bonney
Basing this in bullshit, you know @Jo_Ndule he's bullshit personified

Apoo only gets respect if he tanks Kid's attack. Apoo caught Luffy and Zoro off guard. Kid caught apoo off guard. Apoo should tank that off guard hit just as easily as Luffy and Zoro tanked his
Only Luffy got caught off guard and also only the first attack. Zoro was never caught off guard. Apoo should get some respect here for what he was able to do. And yes, he will definitely tank Kidd's attack. Of course he will be hurt, but that's to be expected.

Only Luffy got caught off guard and also only the first attack. Zoro was never caught off guard. Apoo should get some respect here for what he was able to do. And yes, he will definitely tank Kidd's attack. Of course he will be hurt, but that's to be expected.
Nope everyone was off guard

Off guard means you aren't prepared. Apoo looks right at kid and even says his name but he was in the middle of charging up to attack luffy and zoro so he was caught off guard. Theres literally three panels of him reacting to kid and he still got hit and that's still being caught off guard. Same as Luffy and Zoro. They both kept trying to figure out what Apoo was doing and how to counter and they both got hit even though they saw him charging up his shit. That's still being caught off guard.

I didn't say they are sneak attacks.
Post automatically merged:

Spitting blood from the mouth and nose from a slash on the torso is rather bad as showings go.
But then when Killer ran a scythe through Zoro, there was no mouth bleeding or anything. Is this worse than the killer business then? No. And Zoro still whooped killer after that.

So once again, he's running around pretty well for "terribly hurt". I mean surely if Oda wants to show "terribly hurt" it should actually have an immediate effect

Last edited:
S

Shura

What is it with people calling him Roronoa, only character ive seen that costantly gets called by his surname.

Also Kid wanting to follow the plan or at least lay low and then luffy comes in lol.
I want to criticize Oda for a little bit here..Luffy went ahead to stop Kidd and co so as to not to mess up the plan and he is the one who started messing up...and comes Zoro saying not to mess up while he unintentionally messed up....just for gag, he sacrificed the original purpose....

Chapter was pretty interesting ^^.

Highlights for me were:
1. Apoo
Seeing him pressure both Luffy & Zoro like that was pretty insane. They were literally in limbo against his attacks and woulda been in serious trouble if not for Kidd’s interference. I can understand why Zoro couldn’t counter his abilities, but Luffy is able to use FS so he’s a lot better equipped to deal with Apoo. Yet, even he didn’t seem to have an answer to Apoo’s abilities😓. I’m just gonna assume Luffy is preserving his Haki for Kaidou as those sequence of events don’t make sense otherwise. That aside, this fight just goes to show how effective hax abilities can be against very powerful opponents. Thought Luffy was already beyond Apoo but hax bridged that gap...lolz. So some y’all might want to reconsider the Luffy >> Law mindset.

2. Queen
Absolutely love any panels we get with this dude :p. Loved the way he intelligently riled up all the Beast Pirates to hunt down Luffy & Zoro ^^. It was also pretty interesting to hear him say he wants to wipe out one of the Tobi Roppo. If I had to guess who it’d be I’d say it’s either Who’s Who or Page One. The earlier is very motivated to take up a calamity seat do chances are that he’d be getting the nod ahead of the others but there’s also the P1/Sanji ting. P1 not only failed to capture Sanji on Queen’s orders, but could’ve also potentially lost to Sanji, hence why Queen might wanna get rid off him. Will be interesting to see tho regardless ^^.

The only ting I really disliked this chapter was the way Luffy & Zoro started the commotion. It not only shows a serious lack of responsibility but also a serious underestimation of the current task at hand. I mean it’s typical Luffy but it’s a shame Oda had Zoro do the same ting considering he’s supposed to be the more serious, eyes on the price kinda guy. I mean he was the same dude going on about not underestimating the Yonkou and avoiding a confrontation between two Yonkou 😓but well he soon realized his mistake after he fought all those Beast Pirates.

That aside, this chapter gives a lot more perspective on how out of their depth the alliance are and it’s highlights even more, how asinine it is for them to not have come up with a proper strategy going into Onigashima (Honestly whatever Law has planned the only saving grace at this point:pepehands:) . Tbf Prior to this chapter, even though I knew the alliance were severely outnumbered I didn’t think much of it and only thought the big guns will matter but Zoro commenting on how strong those gifters are proves that isn’t the case so it’s a stack contrast in comparison to how the situation was in Enies Lobby. Would be interesting to see how the situation develops tho. Also gotta give props to the gifters, people have been sleeping on them way too much coz of their goofy designs.

Two week break sucks but it’s what it is. Looking forward to the next one ^^.

Act 3 is not ready to end, some thought that it would have already ended with the arrival on Onigashima but it may last at least 10-15 chapters if not more.

Some thought that the tragedy that happens in the third act was Oden's death in the flashback or Kanjuro's treachery but I have more and more the feeling that it will be the defeat of the alliance against Kaido and Big Mom instead and that the real final battle for Wano will instead happen in Act 4.

In addition of that I am even more certain that the final battle will happen in the mainland and that the people of Wano will so witness the defeat of Kaido and Orochi just like how the people of Cocoyashi, Alabasta and Dressrosa witnessed the defeats of the respective individuals who oppressed them : Arlong, Crococile and Doflamingo.
New actors might also come for this final battle such as Nekomamushi and whoever he convinced to come with him to Wano, the marines or the CP0 after the deal made with Orochi earlier in the arc, Hiyori, Tama and possibly other people like Weevil or the Grand Fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.