Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats interesting is that they aren't even in Kaido's mansion yet, they seem to be in some weird courtyard inside Onigashima's head. Hopefully we get a doublespread of the whole thing from the eyes of another strawhat in the future.

Edit:

Apoo also touched on the idea that the All-Stars have regions of control:

- Jack controls Kuri
- Queen controls Udon
- King is unknown but likely Hakumai since he seems to be in control over who enters and exits the country and secret entrance is there.
- Kibi/Ringo are "dead" regions I think, so maybe no rulers?
- Orochi controls the Capital.

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I bet Queen will fight Sasaki...from the little we’ve seen, he seems to be the least concerned with the sort of loud, bombastic shit Queen’s all about, so it’d be interesting to watch their in-battle banter. If not him, then probably X Drake for dramatic tension.

Also, Apoo looks even more powerful than the spoilers implied, pretty impressed to see him in action. Kid looks way cooler for crushing him, though.

If anyone wants some perspective on where Luffy was heading and why Apoo directly attacked them on the side:

Here is Kaido's Castle entrance and where Luffy/Zoro/Kid/Killer are:

Queen is standing on a balcony of the actual castle. Everyone else is in the courtyard. You can see its the same backdrop Luffy and Zoro are heading to. This is why on the next page, Apoo attacks Luffy from his right, because he pushes through Kaido's fodder until he passes the DJ stand. Perspective is pretty loopy here, but the tower Zoro damaged is also to their right, around where Apoo is. You can tell because from Queen's perspective all the Chaos is happening form his left.

You can even see from this image, that the courtyard is surrounded by your typical Japanese Fortress walls:

So very likely where Luffy and Zoro are, its a huge Square Garden within the actual castle Skull. For more perspective, you can see Orochi and his group on the same balcony level as Queen in that castle:

In the end, everyone else important is inside the castle (Tobi Roppo, BM, Kaido, Jack/King, Numbers except that one near the front entrance. Not sure where BM's children are coming from though, they weren't at the entrance to Onigashima, so they must be also getting changed?

Anyway, Kaido's castle probably looks something like Himeji Castle:

People said Luffy wasn't going to go nuclear on those guys from the last chapter. :gokulaugh:

I'm excited where this is going to go though! The battle is really heating up now. I wonder when Neko will arrive? The window is closing...

Worst

Custom title
I bet Queen will fight Sasaki...from the little we’ve seen, he seems to be the least concerned with the sort of loud, bombastic shit Queen’s all about, so it’d be interesting to watch their in-battle banter. If not him, then probably X Drake for dramatic tension.

Also, Apoo looks even more powerful than the spoilers implied, pretty impressed to see him in action. Kid looks way cooler for crushing him, though.
maybe they found out he's with the navy...that would be a good twist!

People said Luffy wasn't going to go nuclear on those guys from the last chapter. :gokulaugh:

I'm excited where this is going to go though! The battle is really heating up now. I wonder when Neko will arrive? The window is closing...

I hope people know though that "Fighting Music" is probably the first chapter out of like 20 or 30 that will slowly guide the alliance to their respective places while advancing the plot.

We got 8 other strawhats, 7 scabbards, Law and his crew, probably Hawkins, the whole Mink/Samurai alliance, and whatever Neko does in the future. Then you have the entire other side of the war (finding Yamato, announcments, BM's arrival and her crew, the Numbers, etc).

This will not be a fast advancement to the fighting lol. I honestly don't expect the real fights to begin till at least next year. Stuff has to be moved forward methodically.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
btw Queen was scary here...and again this shows that BP don't give a damn crap about each other....
Idk if queen is actually trying to get rid of somebody from tobi roppo, but the story will be more interesting if he wants to get rid of X-Drake because he knew that he was a spy.

When X-Drake knew that he was spotted to be a spy, he will try to join the alliances or the most interesting scenario, he will contact Marine to aid him.

And people say "invisible attacks" are useless against a user of observation haki Lol

Eat your words!
Apoo/Stealth Black/Shiryuu Hyyyyype!
Against users who easely drop their guard or aren't masters of Observation maybe but once Luffy figures how Apoo's power works and start using FS again (for that he really needs to learn to calm and compose himself) I doubt that it's going to work again.
Post automatically merged:

Plus I feel that like Law's Ope Ope no mi Apoo's df can be countered to a degree by strong enough Coa.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
The problem with Apoo's attacks isn't that it's invisible, it's that it's intangible. How do you guard yourself against sound?
You cant spot a soundwave if you dont understand the soundwave itself, because even kizaru doesnt know if actually apoo doing an attack to him. So the words "intangible" isn't the answer, you might can tank the attack if you knew apoo is actually attacking.

The problem with Apoo's attacks isn't that it's invisible, it's that it's intangible. How do you guard yourself against sound?
It's kinda the same thing with Law, his spatial slashes too ignores physical resistance but yet it can still be countered to a degree by someone with a strong enough haki.
Also as @Bogard pointed out in the Apoo power lvl thread Apoo may need to follow a recital with a certain number of right notes for his attacks to work. If he can't make his musical in time or if someone or something causes him to do a false note it may screw his attack up.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Idk what are you thinking, this is the hint for Zoro to learn an incoming invisible attack.

If Zoro cant spot invisible attack from Apoo, why people thinking zoro will fight this man? *i'm not disrespecting zoro, im just want y'all take the good side.

Idk what are you thinking, this is the hint for Zoro to learn an incoming invisible attack.

If Zoro cant spot invisible attack from Apoo, why people thinking zoro will fight this man? *i'm not disrespecting zoro, im just want y'all take the good side.

I think Zoro really needs to train and upgrade his Observation Haki and that it will be that which may allows him to find the counter to Shiryu's invisibility. Of the three members of the Monster Trio Zoro is the one with the least numerous and impressive observation feats.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I think Zoro really needs to train and upgrade his Observation Haki and that it will be that which may allows him to find the counter to Shiryu's invisibility. Of the three members of the Monster Trio Zoro is the one with the least numerous and impressive observation feats.
Yes, not only zoro. All of the monster quartet should learn this type of defense. *even luffy cant see invisible attack from apoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.