Spoiler One Piece Chapter 985 Spoilers Discussion

Will Yamato Chan join the Straw Hats

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall need to chill on the Yamato hate for a while. She literally only has like 8 "face" panels. In 2 of them she has made the generic "angry face" that Hancock has made to Rayleigh or Tashigi to Zoro/Smoker, its not just a Nami thing.

You need to wait until we see how she battles, how her seriousness ties into her expressions, how her features are better defined because she DOES have different features from Nami (hair, eyes, eyebrows, etc) but Oda DOES have a female drawing issue.

Guaranteed Oda also pictures Yamato with colors so through her colors she's going to look and feel entirely different from Nami.

And this doesn't even include attire, personality, background and fighting style. She has partial Nami face, but she isn't even remotely like Nami. Robin has partial Nami and Hancock face now, and it really doesn't detract from Robin. Nami became less unique by growing out her hair, and it still doesn't really detract from her character.

You want to talk about confusing, look at this color spread:

Here alone, it doesn't include Rebecca, Violet, Pudding or Shirahoshi, but literally everyone here (save for Perona) is EITHER a clone of Nami or Robin pretty much.

And I don't say this as an all encompassing statement, because there are plenty of moments where EACH of these characters look VERY different from Nami/Robin.

Tldr: Have an open mind about Yamato until you see more of her. I can pull examples of Nami/Robin clones where they DONT look like Nami/Robin in many cases. When Oda does the typical resting face or angry face though, they look similar, but really only in those cases.

Last edited:
there maybe wont be any battle after the raid in wano
I am on the boat where the raid doesn't fails but battle gets extended to Wano mainland, I am still very skeptical about Oda killing all that build up and momentum just for the alliance be defeated and repeat everything he has done until now again... From a narrative perspective it doesn't make any sense.

Whether Orochi comes back or not is irrelevant. He will not be an enemy for the alliance anymore.

If he comes back, then to fuck over Kaidou. Anyhow this stupid Zoro v Orochi thing is well and truly done for.

We either have Zoro v King or Zoro helping to fight Yonkou.
Zoro can probably aid in Kaido's defeat after defeating King
I see Oda writing Zoro vs King as more like Zoro vs Kaku rather than Zoro vs Mr1 or Luffy vs Katakuri, where King would be roughly on par with Zoro's base form but once he goes Ashura its gg.

there maybe wont be any battle after the raid in wano
Possible but I doubt it, such as it is right now the alliance doesn't has the means to take down Kaido even less he and Big Mom together.
Plus I think that there will be three rounds against Kaido like with Crocodile and Katakuri.
Besides we need to see at least how powerful and dangerous an alliance between two emperor and their crews are before the inevitable split-up.

And in general the tyrants are beaten in front of the people they opressed such as Arlong, Crocodile, Hody or Doflamingo.

I am on the boat where the raid doesn't fails but battle gets extended to Wano mainland, I am still very skeptical about Oda killing all that build up and momentum just for the alliance be defeated and repeat everything he has done until now again... From a narrative perspective it doesn't make any sense.
i agree
but how oda is setting everything i have feeling this arc will just ignite or be preparation for final war
So i believe there really good chance that there wont be any major battle on mainland also hawkins prediction is really weird

Status
Not open for further replies.