Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
Damn just when i thought the Bege cover story was finally over, i still don't get where Oda is going with this :sus:

As for the chapter itself, we now see the reason Kiku was crying was due to Kanjuro's death. I assume that despite being a traitor, it was still harmful deep inside to kill someone who has been with them for so long(although i doubt he is really dead, Orochi as well)

It was funny as well to see Orochi's closest servant switching side so easily

:yearight:

But then again, as mentioned it's not like Orochi ever mattered

Furthermore, my boy Luffy showing he achieved Rayleigh's level of hardening mastery

:myman:

Also was funny to see Kaido still scared shitless of Oden 20 years after his death
Dude probably has constant nightmares from the day Oden almost beheaded him :yasu:

By the way i wonder what Izo meant here

I've escaped much worse
Payback war Blackbeard > Kaido/Big Mom confirmed ?:wellwell:

Anyway nice chapter, and the best is there is a chapter next week :optimistic:

How much you wanna bet that the scarrabs' swords don't even go through, and that they are all gonna get clubbed by kaido next chapter?

:myman:

Next chapter we shall see if kaido's 'legendary' durability lives up to its name or not. :kayneshrug:

It's been a long time since kaido got slashed by oden, wonder if kaido did anything about that vulnerability in the years since? :kizabat:
Kaidou is going to tank it. Kaidou now is not Kaidou 20 years ago.

F

Fallen Prince

They follow anyone who gets the shogun title. They just serve the realm , oniwanbanshu and flower capital samurai are not bad guys .

Scabbards are fodder, its not a headcanon. They have shown no noticable feats this far expect doing nothing but babbling on about their goal.
this chapter proves you opposite and still you are saying it is head canon. It won't become fact and "no sense" just because you don't like scabbards or whatever you feel. Besides, why do you talk about like Scabbards have defeated Kaido and calamities.

Izo is also a literal who, who's able to stand up to King.
Izo is a commander of WBP and yet here we are asking "how could he stand up to King?"

I can just tell there will be no good fights in this arc. I miss the type of fights we got in Enies Lobby where it wasnt about having a battle last like only 2 punches and they were somewhat equal in power.
I also miss the discussion of One Piece where the criticism actually has substantial content and validity of criticism instead of "I don't like this guy showing strength more than my headcanon and hence it won't make sense" kind of discussion."

Sooooo did Kidd just beat Appo?

Nice chapter. Lot of nice moments. Scabbards lined up waiting for the 2 OG Retainers. Kinemon placing the hat on Kanjuro. Izo smoothly saying he's escaped worse (Marineford and the Payback War come to mind) Momo maning up as a child. That Bumrush was dope, Kaido going on and on about ending the old Wano and then these relics from the past wreck his shit saying an old Wano term.

SUNACHI!!

Scabbards bout to get destroyed next chapter lmao.

this chapter proves you opposite and still you are saying it is head canon. It won't become fact and "no sense" just because you don't like scabbards or whatever you feel. Besides, why do you talk about like Scabbards have defeated Kaido and calamities.

Izo is a commander of WBP and yet here we are asking "how could he stand up to King?"

I also miss the discussion of One Piece where the criticism actually has substantial content and validity of criticism instead of "I don't like this guy showing strength more than my headcanon and hence it won't make sense" kind of discussion."
Izo is a low commander, King is in the top 3
As I said, scabbards have never shown any feats. Suddenly they are strong enough to wound Kaido. Lastly, I very well believe that Oda fucks this up because "muh hope" and "muh friendship"
Countering my argument that no fights since Enies Lobby were actually good except for maybe Katakuri's with making fun of me doesnt put you in a better spot.

this whole chap is a death flag in a nutshell.
seeing the Good guy getting everything handed to them in a plate this early is never a good sign:believe::believe:. i fear some clappin is incoming:queenmoji:
also for the ppl that arent big of a fan of Oden or hates him in general: bro/sis i hope we try to forget or bury that emotion. believe me when i say Oden Piece hasnt ended, infact its the true beginning of Oden Piece:josad::catcry::catcry:catdedcatded

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
M

MD Zolo

If Luffy was using FS, then it is safe to say that the Scabbards are safe for few seconds at least. And since Luffy and Yamato also fell, we can expect them to protect the Scabbards when Kaido retaliates. So, Scabbards are in less danger. On the other hand, Momo is still in danger. Now, Shinobu is after Momo, may be Shinobu will bite the dust.

I am quite interested to see what Sanji does actually. It seems only Sanji, Franky and Brook is missing from any sort of action thus far. Mr. Prince is lurking somewhere.

Zoro and Kid/Killer can now enter the main battle. Though I think Zoro may end up facing Ulti/Who's Who instead.

Izo bought a gun in knife(sword)fight. :milaugh:In any case, if Izo can keep up with King/Queen/Jack in the next chapter (I highly doubt that), that pretty much puts WBPs leagues above every other Yonkou crew out there and by extrapolation, puts WG/Marine leagues above every other Yonkou crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.