Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do from time to time. It's refreshing. At least he never said who is his favorite character.

Even Morj and Ohara have their faves xD.
it’s franky
Post automatically merged:

KOL is just funny when it comes to chapter live reaction, i dont care about his powerscaling - theories.
yeah his reactions are funny but his opinions are shit

His character arc will probably consist on leaving Oden's identity behind and building her own personality and perception of the self, which I assume are very fragile because of the childhood suffered and the lack of proper models when growing up.

In fact I've been waiting for Yamato to make something actually crazy towards Momonosuke, the Scabbards or whoever, because I just can't see it as a gag no matter how theoretically funny this should be. From day one, the vibes coming from him have been quite weird.

I find the trans debate to be legitimate with Kiku, who is way more clearly depicted as such, but in Yamato I can't help but seeing a person with important problems on the development of their self and I'd expect her to see herself as a woman from the moment she leaves the Oden impersonation behind. But I don't think this changes the fact that, so far, every character has referred to him as a man, so I will stick to that for now.

It makes sense with Kiku. With Yamato IMO it doesn't. I simply say he/she or they to appease the masses who attempt to correct me.

Oda introduced her as Kaido's DAUGHTER in her intro box. That should tell pretty much everyone on how the author has created Yamato's gender. At the moment, all I see is that she happens to be a woman who is living a man's will to the point of extreme, that's it

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
His character arc will probably consist on leaving Oden's identity behind and building her own personality and perception of the self, which I assume are very fragile because of the childhood suffered and the lack of proper models when growing up.

In fact I've been waiting for Yamato to make something actually crazy towards Momonosuke, the Scabbards or whoever, because I just can't see it as a gag no matter how theoretically funny this should be. From day one, the vibes coming from him have been quite weird.

I find the trans debate to be legitimate with Kiku, who is way more clearly depicted as such, but in Yamato I can't help but seeing a person with important problems on the development of their self and I'd expect her to see herself as a woman from the moment she leaves the Oden impersonation behind. But I don't think this changes the fact that, so far, every character has referred to him as a man, so I will stick to that for now.
It's still too weak for a reason to allow her on the crew.

Imho Jinbe should be the last Nakama ever.

Btw.

Am I the only one who realized that no one from Beast Pirates cares that Yamato is a woman?
They may do that because Kaido basically decreed that Yamato is his son instead of his daughter, not that it matters to them imo I bet that the Calamities and Flying Six just see her as a shitty brat and may mock her for pretending to be Oden behind Kaido's back.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
They may do that because Kaido basically decreed that Yamato is his son instead of his daughter, not that it matters to them imo I bet that the Calamities and Flying Six just see her as a shitty brat and may mock her for pretending to be Oden behind Kaido's back.
I think what @BangMi said is correct.

They probably know she's a woman but Kaido told them to refer to her as she likes which is he/Oden:goatasure::goatasure:

Probably because Kaido rolls with the whole thing and what he does goes in his crew. I honestly can't wait for their flashback. There's alot we don't know about both characters. I have a feeling its going to be better than Oden's.
True.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I think what @BangMi said is correct.

They probably know she's a woman but Kaido told them to refer to her as she likes which is he/Oden:goatasure::goatasure:

True.
i've been making a thread a long time ago.
it was started when ulti start to clash with yamato, she doesnt asking yamato "whoa, you are a woman?"
from there i was like, oh yeah then all of the beast pirates might already knew if yamato is woman all this time.
but oda trying to confuse us with some gender things lol

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
it was started when ulti start to clash with yamato, she doesnt asking yamato "whoa, you are a woman?"
from there i was like, oh yeah then all of the beast pirates might already knew if yamato is woman all this time.
I agree.

Off-topic Where did you find that pixel Sanji doing a combo? Is there a version with Zoro/Mihawk?

Not his best idea honnestly given how cringy the whole Yamato pretending to be Oden thing is.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Not his best idea honnestly given how cringy the whole Yamato pretending to be Oden thing is.
the cosplay is quite fine, until last chapter happen.
and im pretty sure when yamato see hiyori, she will said "my daughter".

I agree.

Off-topic Where did you find that pixel Sanji doing a combo? Is there a version with Zoro/Mihawk?
im just google "sanji diable jambe pixel gif" and i found this lol

Speaking of cringeworthyness this family affair story is making real progresses at it with each new cover.

And while I thought it was inevitable for Lola to come back in the story and reunite with her twin sister, Pudding and her mother someday this isn't a very good way of doing it.

Fully agree with you on her possible character development.

I will go with she/her, but I have zero problems with anyone going with he/him for the moment, despite personally disagreeing with it, since I'm really sure this is just intended to be a gag.

The only thing I have a real problem with are those fanatics that try to turn this into an actual trans-matter, which it just isn't. Anyone with only a bit of common sense understands that.

Status
Not open for further replies.