Best nakama for the Strawhats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He begun the fight using his swords and combining it with his Tempest Kick to create four sword style. King hasn’t used his sword once.

Until king calls himself a swordsman or shows an actual sword style or shows a dependability on his sword he’s as much a swordsman as Queen. Jack is the one who uses swords at all times and depends on them during battle.
Oh my bad, i misremembered the start of the fight. But the larger point I was trying to make is that using punches and kicks doesn't disqualify one from being a swordsman. Most of Kaku's named attacks are not even sword attacks.

Didn't King stab one of the scabbards in the flashback? There is an example of him using it.

WTF!!! This is epic if it happen in future chapters.
3 Red scabbards already lost there body parts. Neko san Arm, Inu san Leg and last chapter Kiku san Lost arm. Looks like countdown is the start for remaining Red scabbards lost there body parts too in this war. 994 to 999 as upcoming 6 chapters remaining 6 scabbards losing something and in chapter 1000 Kaido losing something.
Okay I think what happens is, After every scabbard loses a body part, Law joins them to create a new body, and that body will defeat Kaido. :cheers:

It does matter. This is a story. Dramatic Irony exists.

In Lord of the Rings:
The Witch-king :" No man can kill me"

The witch King: Gets killed by a woman

That sort of thing.

When statements of absolutism are made, ESPECIALLY by the villains, they matter.

Kaido as the villain must be wrong.

Kaido says Pirates betray you when you are losing. Wrong. Luffy won't betray anyone.

Kaido says Too many conquerers on a crew can't work. Wrong. Roger laughs.

Kaido says there cannot be a samurai to ever rival Oden. Wrong. He's the bad guy, he doesn't get to decide absolute statements like these
Teach them about Literature my friend.:cheers:

I didn't deny the possibility of Queen being swordsman did I? So why are you arguing like I did?
:goatasure:
What headcanon did I use?
You confirmed King as a swordsman, because he has a katana. But this guys used kicks more often than his sword, following your logic he is not a swordsman, because he doesn't use only swords.
But Queen who always carries his swords with him and used it against Drake is questionable?
Jack who used only his swords so far is not a swordsman i guess, because he doesn't have a katana...

I wrote everything in my comment didn't i?
You sayed the "zoro downplayer" use headcanon in the pure swordsman/non-swordsman and made it up. Which is not true and funnily you are the one using this pure swordsman/non-swordsman logic yourself. So you are using headcanon yourself. This is called double standards.

Oh my bad, i misremembered the start of the fight. But the larger point I was trying to make is that using punches and kicks doesn't disqualify one from being a swordsman. Most of Kaku's named attacks are not even sword attacks.

Didn't King stab one of the scabbards in the flashback? There is an example of him using it.
He slashed at raizo, however, as I said, Queen has used his swords more than King has. King has shown a preference towards hand to hand combat as both times we see him he uses his hands and leg and beak.

If when he actually fights he starts using a sword style like Kaku did, then sure he’s a swordsman. Even throughout the fight; Kaku used “Sword attacks” because he considered his legs as swords.

I’m not saying Kings not a swordsman, I just don’t think you can say objectively he is one. He’s currently like Queen where they have swords but we don’t know if it’s a weapon or a fighting style yet.

You confirmed King as a swordsman, because he has a katana. But this guys used kicks more often than his sword, following your logic he is not a swordsman, because he doesn't use only swords.
But Queen who always carries his swords with him and used it against Drake is questionable?
Jack who used only his swords so far is not a swordsman i guess, because he doesn't have a katana...

I wrote everything in my comment didn't i?
You sayed the "zoro downplayer" use headcanon in the pure swordsman/non-swordsman and made it up. Which is not true and funnily you are the one using this pure swordsman/non-swordsman logic yourself. So you are using headcanon yourself. This is called double standards.
I have never used that logic, what are you even saying? In fact, I have said the exact opposite.
Look at my reply above, I even said Kaku used more non sword attacks than sword attacks. Using kicks doesn't disqualify one from being swordsman.

-I never denied possibility of Queen being swordsman

-I said there is a 90 percent chance of King being a swordsman because he is carrying a katana. All katana wielders have been swordsman till now.

Stop putting words in my mouth, where is the headcanon I am using?
Post automatically merged:

He slashed at raizo, however, as I said, Queen has used his swords more than King has. King has shown a preference towards hand to hand combat as both times we see him he uses his hands and leg and beak.

If when he actually fights he starts using a sword style like Kaku did, then sure he’s a swordsman. Even throughout the fight; Kaku used “Sword attacks” because he considered his legs as swords.

I’m not saying Kings not a swordsman, I just don’t think you can say objectively he is one. He’s currently like Queen where they have swords but we don’t know if it’s a weapon or a fighting style yet.
Kaku used his neck like a whip and his nose as a blunt attack(bigan). He has attacks entirely unrelated to swordsmanship. So that's why I say that non sword attacks dont disqualify one from being a swordsman

King stabbed asura in the oden flashback. He had his word out when the scabbards attacked Kaido, and maybe some more examples i am missing. I am not saying it is 100 percent confirmed but more than 90 percent.

Last edited:
Oh man, why so serious, take a look in gifters, many of them are using swords, zoro has many difficulties to fight against them but did not take down any of them. I think one of the most powerful gifter will be a suitable obstacle for zoro before he has a real fight with tobi roppo
Considering that Special Gifter from last chapter is all bandaged up, why do you think he didn't take them down?

What Oda is doing is hyping up their durability, we already saw it earlier in the arc with Holdem and Babanuki

Status
Not open for further replies.