Status
Not open for further replies.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
We didnt see any 1v1 rumor during the flashback and it wouldnt make sense for him to have that rumor while roger/whitebeard/oden are still alive when all 3 are superior to him.
So who has he fought to get that ?
Considering he didnt see meme for decades

From marcos words of not knowing how bad the situatuon on wano was he probably didnt see wb

And considering when wb talked about shanks rise to yonko he talked about mihawk vs shanks instead of shanks vs kaido he likely didnt fight him either

So why the 1 vs 1 rumour with no fights against his main competition

"None can doubt, which is why I avoid officially calling him the strongest by all means"
He called him the strongest in an SBS too. Do you think Oda is trying to deceive readers? When he gave him the only narrator introduction in the entire manga?
Whitebeard did agree lol. He knew he was weaker than Akainu but stronger than the Yonko and the YC1 (same strength tier as confirmed by manga and databooks)
Crocodile: You are weak WB. Not the same man who beat me.
WB: Yeah I can't be strongest forever.

This is basic reading comprehension. Teach even confirms that he grew old and weak and that if he was younger he would have been able to save Ace.
You really think that a clash (where no one wanted to kill the other) is better feat than a full serious fight ?
Luffy beat Doflamingo. Shanks clashed with WB. Because Luffy actually beat Doflamingo, he is > Shanks and WB?

Akainu, a YC1 level character, beating another YC1 level character isn't impressive. Luffy did the same and got one shot in the next arc.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Kizaru is equal to him
Green bull and Fuji are right behind him as well
Kong is close to him
The ssg or whatever it is will be equal to 2 or 3 admirals
The gorosei will all be around admiral tier
Akainu will be nothing special in the last war
Just a foot soldier
You don't beat Aokiji after a 10 days duel when you're just a foot soldier. You must have an iron will to succed. Oda didn't make Akainu the FA for him to be 10th strongest in the Marine.

Kizaru (my fav admiral) is below Akainu, same for Fuji or Greenbull. Same for gorosei, they can be strong but they will be weaker than Akainu.

Akainu will forever be something special.

How is Mihawk in this conversation. lol

Kaido is perceived to be the strongest pirate by many people in the OP verse, but that doesn't mean it is reality. Killer isn't omniscient. It is a strong indicator, however. This was also a very off-hand comment. Killer could have been referring to the hype of his status and crew just as much as his personal strength.

Mihawk's placement is very simple. He is implied to be >= Shanks by character interactions and third-party statements and >= other swordsmen by his title. He could very well be weaker than both Shanks and other random swordsman because characters don't have perfect knowledge and titles aren't absolute fact, but for now these are strong indicators that he isn't.

Now you can argue where Shanks falls, but Kaido actually being #1 in the world (which is what I believe) doesn't contradict Mihawk's existence in any capacity. The only ambiguity we have to contend with is whether Big Mom is equal to Kaido and whether Oda thinks of her as a swordsman (I doubt it). But we've got a long time till EoS to explore that. No big deal.

So who has he fought to get that ?
Considering he didnt see meme for decades

From marcos words of not knowing how bad the situatuon on wano was he probably didnt see wb

And considering when wb talked about shanks rise to yonko he talked about mihawk vs shanks instead of shanks vs kaido he likely didnt fight him either

So why the 1 vs 1 rumour with no fights against his main competition
Impossible to say until Oda chooses to elaborate on why people are making this rumor. It’s been kept vague by Oda on purpose.

My personal opinion is that Kaido only got that rumour after Roger/Whitebeard/Oden died.

K

Kaido D. Stronger

Kizaru is equal to him
Green bull and Fuji are right behind him as well
Kong is close to him
The ssg or whatever it is will be equal to 2 or 3 admirals
The gorosei will all be around admiral tier
Akainu will be nothing special in the last war
Just a foot soldier
Why would he be weaker?
there are 3 WB versions.
WB prime> Former WB> Mf Wb.

Kaido was supposedly said by people as STRONGER than Old WB, nothing else indicates that he can't be like his cousin wb, we don't know the age of kaido or when he reached his peak of power, or when people started to doubt that WB was the strongest person, they created the popular saying about KAIDO, and extolled kaido as the WSC, all of which is still open because we don't know how it came about.
One more thing is a fact, when people started to say that Kaido was the best of 1v1, it is because they doubted that WB was superior to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.