What will happen in chapter 1000?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's necessarily true. Not every character has to be a forshadow. She was isolated to Onigashima, really not an issue here.
But we had many small scenes happening in Onigashima before the raid stated, it really wasn't hard for Oda to at least hint Yamato's existence while still keeping her appearance and her overall character mystery. it's true that not everything need to be foreshadowed but if the character was mean to have a big role from the start it is weird for an author Oda that there's absolutely nothing hinting her existence in like 70 chapters.
For all his planning, Oda does make things up along the way so it wouldn't be a first time.
Vivi is a central character of Alabasta and Baroque Works sage, yet when Miss Wednesday was first introduced Oda planned for her to be a basic enemy.
Maybe I shouldn't claim Oda didn't plan Yamato as a fact, but I'm def skeptic.

But we had many small scenes happening in Onigashima before the raid stated, it really wasn't hard for Oda to at least hint Yamato's existence while still keeping her appearance and her overall character mystery. it's true that not everything need to be foreshadowed but if the character was mean to have a big role from the start it is weird for an author Oda that there's absolutely nothing hinting her existence in like 70 chapters.
For all his planning, Oda does make things up along the way so it wouldn't be a first time.
Vivi is a central character of Alabasta and Baroque Works, yet when Miss Wednesday was first introduced Oda she was just expected to be a basic enemy.
Now I shouldn't claim Oda didn't plan Yamato as a fact, but I'm skeptic.
Robin was also not planned to be a main character. She's the only Strawhat that Oda didn't have in mind at the start IIRC

The problem is they may as well redirect their hype to a random strong girl in the next arc and forget about Yamato completely (assuming she won't join the crew).
Idk what is the purpose of Yamato, but im not closed to the idea of the "possible" incorportion to SH, or she being a mayor allie.
The only i knows is how Shueisha celebrating the new gold mine of a overhyped char. Thats be like:

Char dislikers: Boohoo; i dont like yamato/oden/katakuri/sabo/ace/law/etc. Thats are edgy characters, plz oda delete them.

Shueisha: thanks Oda for the new mine of gold, sideboobs over selling.

Oda: fuck yeah.

Last edited:
As much as everyone Dislike's Noodle's overrating of the BMP
Their characters were pretty colorful and helped WCI not be a complete bore. Arguably they had the best "low tier" of any Enemy crew character wise, unless you think the Millions and Billions of BW, The Goats in Skypiea or Enies Lobby's Workers or Zombie Generals were better characters
At this point, the Big Mom Pirate are starting to look more competent and memorable than the Beasts Pirates by a long shot.

Other than the Calamties and some Tobiroppo, most were just disappointing.

Vivi is a central character of Alabasta and Baroque Works, yet when Miss Wednesday was first introduced Oda she was just expected to be a basic enemy.
Maybe I shouldn't claim Oda didn't plan Yamato as a fact, but I'm skeptic.
I think we need to wait and see how the Yamato/Kaido/Ace flashback works, because while it wasnt too far ahead, Yamato is part of the Oden flashback, though not referenced. If it all works organically with how Ace goes to Wano, bonds with Tama, then goes to Onigashima and bonds with Yamato, I truly don't see a problem with where he introduced Yamato.

The character is likely going to get an increased amount of focus and characterization as we move further in Wano, I think people just need to accept that and see if the merits of the character can be improved with a dream, etc.

Frankly, if Yamato does not join, then she honestly does not serve any purpose whatsoever, and that would be silly imo. If she was introduced at this point to be a main character until the end of the series, then I dont see an issue with how she was introduced. Not everyone has to be as complicated as Robin, Franky or Jinbe.

- Chapter 998 Title "Ancient Species".

Tobi Roppo chapter I assume?:bamathink:
- Korean leaker has no complete information yet but he/she says something about Tobiroppo.

If Black Maria reveals her devil fruit then cool.:kayneshrug:Hope it's a snake instead of the spider.:hope:
- At the end of the chapter Yamato appears (we can see her in the picture).

A Yamato chapter is a 10/10:datas:

- No Break Next week

Because he didn't plan her/had no clear idea of her character until mid Wano
This could be true as Oda mentioned reading the manga Rose of Versailles where there is a character similar to Yamato during mid Wano:

"Yamato seems to be inspired by Oscar François de Jarjayes, from the shōjo manga The Rose of Versailles, who is a woman raised by her father as if she were a boy in order to succeed him as the commander of the Royal Guard at the Palace of Versailles.
Additionally, in the Chapter 945 author's comment, Oda talks about reading The Rose of Versailles for the first time and being surprised to find out Oscar was a woman"

I think we need to wait and see how the Yamato/Kaido/Ace flashback works, because while it wasnt too far ahead, Yamato is part of the Oden flashback, though not referenced. If it all works organically with how Ace goes to Wano, bonds with Tama, then goes to Onigashima and bonds with Yamato, I truly don't see a problem with where he introduced Yamato.

The character is likely going to get an increased amount of focus and characterization as we move further in Wano, I think people just need to accept that and see if the merits of the character can be improved with a dream, etc.

Frankly, if Yamato does not join, then she honestly does not serve any purpose whatsoever, and that would be silly imo. If she was introduced at this point to be a main character until the end of the series, then I dont see an issue with how she was introduced. Not everyone has to be as complicated as Robin, Franky or Jinbe.
The bond with Ace is weird. Befriended him and wanted to leave but couldn't come for x reason just like... Tama. I have a hard time Oda would be so "lazy" to rehash the same drama in the same arc. We'll see.

Imo Yamato already had a purpose nonetheless : She kept Oden's logbook safe for 20 years and being tied to Kaido she can info dump stuff related to him.
It can be argued that scabbards, Shinobu could have keep the logbook safe and it wasn't necessary. But if the diary contains things important to the lore it and Momo is related to it (she hinted something about him and the dawn) it makes sense Oda wouldn't want it to fall on their hands before a certain point in the story

Last edited:
This could be true as Oda mentioned reading the manga Rose of Versailles where there is a character similar to Yamato during mid Wano:

"Yamato seems to be inspired by Oscar François de Jarjayes, from the shōjo manga The Rose of Versailles, who is a woman raised by her father as if she were a boy in order to succeed him as the commander of the Royal Guard at the Palace of Versailles.
Additionally, in the Chapter 945 author's comment, Oda talks about reading The Rose of Versailles for the first time and being surprised to find out Oscar was a woman"
Really Interesting, I remember reading that comment but I didn't pay much attention back then.:sanmoji:

C

critical mindset

Somebody better call Vergo
King uses haki as per the signatue lightning and managed to overpower Sanji's block beause Sanji was straight up ignoring King half the fight while King tried his best to power through Sanji but then gets stopped, needs to choke him, doesn't work :hihihi::hihihi::hihihi:

Sanji if Vergo had used a proper kick :doffytroll::doffytroll::doffytroll:

Sanji would be crippled for life and struggling even more with soulsearching than he does in the present time after Vergo took it

:christindeed::drakihi::drakihi::christman:

King uses haki as per the signatue lightning and managed to overpower Sanji's block beause Sanji was straight up ignoring King half the fight while King tried his best to power through Sanji but then gets stopped, needs to choke him, doesn't work :hihihi::hihihi::hihihi:

Sanji if Vergo had used a proper kick :doffytroll::doffytroll::doffytroll:

Sanji would be crippled for life and struggling even more with soulsearching than he does in the present time after Vergo took it

:christindeed::drakihi::drakihi::christman:
Sanji dodged Vergo's strongest white fire kick....
So....

No❤

Status
Not open for further replies.