What will happen in chapter 1000?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huffing means absolutely nothing in this manga. Luffy was huffing after he used G4 when he took down a number yet he was able to fight Cracker and Katakuri for hours during WCI. Which is a whole another issue for another thread.

In the end of the day Zoro didn't need Drake to beat Apoo. Zoro it's too fast for Apoo and can cut through his defense.

The fact Drake got to defeat Apoo again feels like Oda do him a bone so he didn't feel completely useless.
Luffy didn't fight in G4 for hours, in any case I wasn't say Zoro needed maximum effort, merely this is evidence he was engaged in a moderately strenuous 2vs1 for some period of time.
Apoo was already on his back foot unbalanced against Drake and had both his weapons and attention occupied. This feat is meaningless considering the damage wasn't even enough to put Apoo down for a whole chapter, this is while Apoo is being nerfed and not using his fruit due to a bad 2vs1 CQC matchup while being chased by others.
Zoro>Apoo, no doubt, but this was an unfair fight and was not a "low diff" win in a fair 1 vs 1 as Zoro fans seem to be memory holing.

Judges Son is good with those things, that’s his forte, running, hiding, and sneaking
Zoro is good at dragging his captain down and preventing him from reaching the roof.:milaugh:

I find it hilarious how Oda wrote the last 3 chapters:
1- Zoro and Drake team up on Apoo, and Apoo blocks both of them
Fans: OMG, Zoro needs to team up for Apoo, Apoo is casually fucking with them

Next chapter
2- Zoro speed blitz Apoo and cut him:
Fans: OMG, Zoro doesn't fuck around, Apoo is not on his level, Kidd couldn't finish apoo in his sneak attack, but Zoro did, Zoro > Kidd

Next chapter
3- Apoo stands back up, and continues to fight Drake, Drake defeats him
Fans: OMG, Zoro couldn't finish Apoo yet, Apoo still stood back up after is sneak Attack and after Zoro getting serious... Apoo for the win...

Mark my words
Apoo stands back up after the panel which Drake is claimed to finish Apoo with... cause spoilers also said last chapter that Zoro defeated Apoo hahaha... so I wouldn't be surprised if Drake did an attack that looked like it finished Apoo, and he came back up next chapter

That being said, IT"S BEEN A WHILE since we faced a crew that can withstand a beating... where the regular members of them don't get oneshotted with a finishing move, rather they can stand back up and fight and get another 3-4 until they are down...

And I can only imagine that Ancient Zoan users like Tobi Roppo will be on that level AT LEAST... because we saw that with Pageone against Sanji or Luffy, and same with Ulti against Luffy + Yamato
They can take a beating and get back up

The fact that Zoro didn't oneshot his opponent here (even though he's NOT ancient zoan) can make me optomistic that if Zoro did fight a calamity, it will not be like "Mr.1" fight where he gets a beating for majority of fight, and then ends it in one swoop, rather e will have to do more than 1-2 major attacks, he'll have to inflict lots of wounds hopefully... which might create the "BEST FIGHT for Zoro in this series" possibly

The matchups can happen but the difficulty of the fights would have to vary. Franky could get overwhelmed a majority of his fight (like Luffy vs Kat), While Sanji and Jimbei's fight could be back and forth with them being in control of the fight. (Like Zoro vs Kaku)
For Sanji, I don’t see how it could be back and forth unless he only uses base for a while. Also, Oda obviously just gonna use this fight to make a joke about how Sanji won’t kick a woman even if she’s an ugly spider, and then segue to Brook or Robin taking over

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Luffy didn't fight in G4 for hours, in any case I wasn't say Zoro needed maximum effort, merely this is evidence he was engaged in a moderately strenuous 2vs1 for some period of time.
Apoo was already on his back foot unbalanced against Drake and had both his weapons and attention occupied. This feat is meaningless considering the damage wasn't even enough to put Apoo down for a whole chapter, this is while Apoo is being nerfed and not using his fruit due to a bad 2vs1 CQC matchup while being chased by others.
Zoro>Apoo, no doubt, but this was an unfair fight and was not a "low diff" win in a fair 1 vs 1 as Zoro fans seem to be memory holing.

Zoro is good at dragging his captain down and preventing him from reaching the roof.:milaugh:
No he didnt you illiterate apoo had one arm free that was about to swing at drake

No I'm saying Sanji started moving from behind oven therefore it's a sneak attack... Sanji is known for moving quite fast, a distracted oven had no room to pick up on a guy moving from behind him
When Sanji ever behind Oven ?

He started off in the distance....then literally spun to the right of Pound (something Oven couldve easily seen) then literally attacked from the front.

You learn to read in the time from zoros attack to apoo getting up
Zoro took the antidote
Gave it chopper
Chopper told everyone how the virus works
Queen tried to attack
Zoro stopped queen
Marco come marco healed everyone then apoo got up.
all of what you just said literally can take minutes.
not comparatble to stealing a navy ship :kayneshrug:

Jack isn't down for the count. Kaido specifically told him to recover. Its already a decent plot point that ancient zoans have extremely high recoveries. If you can assume Robin will fight Black Maria, you can also see Brook fighting WsW while Jinbe fights Jack (all hypothetical)

These aren't set in stone at all yet, I've warned people of this for months lol.
Okk my bad for jumping to conclusions.
Should wait for 4-5 chapter before jumping to conclusions.

Sanji vs Black Maria and Jinbe vs WsW are just a bait and switch. Oda’s gonna use those two to show off WsW and Maria’s abilities before Brook and Robin fight them. It wouldn’t make any sense for Franky’s fight to be against Sasaki while Sanji and Jinbe’s fights are Maria and WsW since they should be way stronger than Franky. Also, someone as to fight Jack, and Jinbe makes the most sense. This is just like how Yamato was initially fighting Sasaki, only for Franky to sub in
This, as just need to be patient. I remember Franky vs. Sasaki being dead in the water until he showed up a few chapters ago. I will be calling these fights until Oda makes vs title cards:

Zoro vs King
Sanji vs Queen
Jinbe vs Jack
Franky vs Sasaki
Brook vs Whos Who
Robin vs Black Maria
Chopper vs Page 1
Usopp/Nami vs Ulti (they've only ever been shown to fight Ulti. P1 stayed out of it.)

If Brook and Robin head towards the mansion soon, if Ulti continues to chase Usopp and Nami, if Chopper and P1 stay on the performance floor like they are, if Queen is still interested in Sanji, if Jack is a viable threat still after recovering, if Marco attempts to help Zoro reach the roof only for King to block it, then all of this make sense.

But right now its an if and it depends on how these next 10-20 chapters go.

When Sanji ever behind Oven ?

He started off in the distance....then literally spun to the right of Pound (something Oven couldve easily seen) then literally attacked from the front.
He started behind, therefore oven had no time to see he was coming until he literally jumped in his fucking face. If you look at the far right panel above Sanji kicking oven you can clearly see he is to ovens left but slightly behind (therefore out of his vision)

Status
Not open for further replies.