General & Others Remember when people were saying Monster Trio is not real or Sanji got kicked out of M3?

What I said was that his status doesn't make him stronger necessarily. If you want to instead argue that Yamato simply isn't a Straw Hat (yet), are you admitting that this is a better showing?
status determines strength. Why does Jinbei fight F6 and Sanji fight disaster?

No one on board can change m3, just like Jinbei now can't shake m3's position

Imagine what sanji haters would say if Sanji were fighting F6 and Jinbei was fighting disaster?

Sanji is stronger than Jinbei. There is no doubt that Yamato will be the same even if he gets on the ship

H

humanbeing

Oda makes it clear chapter after chapter that the monster trio status will never change. making Yamato a strawhat will not change that either. but we can realize how powerful the strawhats after Wano will be. imagine having Luffy,Zoro and Sanji are more powerful than Yamato who is holding her own against her father even if he is half serious. I believe that Yamato is stronger than King and Queen.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Yeah remember that? Good time.

Not only Monster Trio is canon, the portrayal of it is immensely shown throughout the series.

First it was confirmed by Nami in Thriller Bark.

And second was Caribou in Fishman Island.

Now, Oda likes to put Luffy, Zoro and Sanji in the same panel A LOT.

Stuff like that.

In an interview, Oda puts Zoro and Sanji as the Wings of the Pirate King.

Which later got confirmed.

Then we got the "Stars" statement from Marco which also referred to both Zoro and Sanji.

And just like the interview, both Zoro and Sanji have trust on Luffy and got his back.

One wing can't be heavier than another. The Wings are indisputable placement of the crew.:cheers:

Praise be the Monster Trio!!! Long Live the Monster Trio!!!

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Pretty sure Nami does refer to them as the group of three monsters/trio of monsters/monster trio in Thriller Bark since she uses 怪物3人組. And I'd have to check, but I'm quite convinced that Caribou uses it too in Fishman Island, word by word.
She refers to them as “three monsters” once in Thriller Bark and the fandom has been screaming about it ever since, that’s not a confirmation in my opinion.
This statement was proven false literally dozens of times. Asked Blother. He made a post about it being used in the Japanese.
Asking another fan about a fan made term is nothing but conjecture without panels, I’ll accept this if you can link me to anything (other than Goat’s post with unofficial English translations) that shows Nami saying “Monster Trio” in Japanese. Been reading this series since long before that one panel, so I remember when people started using it without ever seeing that actual phrase in the canon.

She refers to them as “three monsters” once in Thriller Bark and the fandom has been screaming about it ever since, that’s not a confirmation in my opinion.

Asking another fan about a fan made term is nothing but conjecture without panels, I’ll accept this if you can link me to anything (other than Goat’s post with unofficial English translations) that shows Nami saying “Monster Trio” in Japanese. Been reading this series since long before that one panel, so I remember when people started using it without ever seeing that actual phrase in the canon.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/monster-trio-is-canon.12153/

Dude Blother hates Sanji and the M3. This is a hater admitting the canonical term with the translators telling him.

status determines strength. Why does Jinbei fight F6 and Sanji fight disaster?

No one on board can change m3, just like Jinbei now can't shake m3's position

Imagine what sanji haters would say if Sanji were fighting F6 and Jinbei was fighting disaster?

Sanji is stronger than Jinbei. There is no doubt that Yamato will be the same even if he gets on the ship
Strength is determined by strength. Look at all the people scrambling for reasons why Zoro looks the same as or better than Luffy against mutual opponents. "B-but he's number two! Magic sword!" Jinbe crushed the shit out of Who's Who, so unless Sanji ends up humiliating Queen it's not really comparable.

Fire and water sets them up as having a dynamic that makes them arguably equal. So far they're very close in attack power, but without the Raid Suit Jinbe is massively better in defense.

It will never stop making me laugh the willful blindness people have about that Onigashima doublespread where they try and delude themselves that Luffy and Jinbei aren’t blatantly the two central figures there.

Yes, the M3 will always be a thing, it will always be Luffy > Zoro > Sanji> others, but it’s also true that for nine long years and counting we have not had a single M3 panel. And a lot of that is on Oda dropping the ball badly with Sanji, while not doing so with Luffy or Zoro. He spent years making Sanji a hype tool for other characters without giving him any real moments to shine in return (fighting wise).

Just look at the examples you had to bring up, there’s absolutely nothing after Fishman Island. Which, Strawhat separation aside, still includes PH, the first third of Dressrosa and Wano. We’ve seen Luffy and Zoro, Zoro and Sanji, Luffy and Sanji, but still no Luffy, Zoro and Sanji scenes other than the cover of Volume 100.

It’s good to see Sanji about to get a real win finally, but the past couple of arcs before now were bad for him, and we are still waiting on a Luffy/Zoro/Sanji scene, big or small

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/monster-trio-is-canon.12153/

Dude Blother hates Sanji and the M3. This is a hater admitting the canonical term with the translators telling him.
Well, then I’m wrong…:pepemotion:

Either way, it’s still dumb for everyone to get worked up over the term or who is and isn’t in the “trio,” it was only ever meant to hype Luffy/Zoro/Sanji up at a time when they were the clear muscle of the crew. With Jinbe in the fold, Franky/Brook/Robin getting more respect than before, and the likely inclusion of Yamato once this arc is done, the phrase will either become obsolete (maybe that’s why we’re getting “Wings of the Pirate King” shit now) or will morph to acknowledge the shifting dynamics in the crew.

Well, then I’m wrong…:pepemotion:

Either way, it’s still dumb for everyone to get worked up over the term or who is and isn’t in the “trio,” it was only ever meant to hype Luffy/Zoro/Sanji up at a time when they were the clear muscle of the crew. With Jinbe in the fold, Franky/Brook/Robin getting more respect than before, and the likely inclusion of Yamato once this arc is done, the phrase will either become obsolete (maybe that’s why we’re getting “Wings of the Pirate King” shit now) or will morph to acknowledge the shifting dynamics in the crew.
just accept that Luffy Zoro and Sanji will always be the prime muscle behind the straw hats. There will be no one in the same tier as these three not Franky Jinbe or Yamato.

Strength is determined by strength. Look at all the people scrambling for reasons why Zoro looks the same as or better than Luffy against mutual opponents. "B-but he's number two! Magic sword!" Jinbe crushed the shit out of Who's Who, so unless Sanji ends up humiliating Queen it's not really comparable.

Fire and water sets them up as having a dynamic that makes them arguably equal. So far they're very close in attack power, but without the Raid Suit Jinbe is massively better in defense.
As I said, m3 will never change. It represents status and power level,If the author wants to prove that Jinbei is better than Sanji, he can let Jinbei fight disaster

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
just accept that Luffy Zoro and Sanji will always be the prime muscle behind the straw hats. There will be no one in the same tier as these three not Franky Jinbe or Yamato.
Nah, those three all have a legitimate claim to the position and the events of this arc only solidify that for me. Even if they never reach the same level, they’re still worldbeaters capable of taking down YC-level fighters, the disrespect against them oughta stop.

Nah, those three all have a legitimate claim to the position and the events of this arc only solidify that for me. Even if they never reach the same level, they’re still worldbeaters capable of taking down YC-level fighters, the disrespect against them oughta stop.
Oh I’m not saying they aren’t strong, but the ones who’ll take out the prime heavy hitters are still Luffy Zoro and Sanji. Even in the final war these three will be the ones to fight admirals.

As I said, m3 will never change. It represents status and power level,If the author wants to prove that Jinbei is better than Sanji, he can let Jinbei fight disaster
Lol your response is "well, I said so." Oda puts them in comparable situations and Jinbe comes out on top. Tekkai fractures Sanji's leg? Jinbe breaks Tekkai bones. Sanji raped by a warlord? Jinbe is a warlord. Sanji blocks Judge's spear? Jinbe blocks Napoleon. Jinbe fights Tobi Roppo while subordinates hit him? Sanji is clapped by Blacktooth and can't fight Tobi Roppo.

I was being generous by calling them equal tbh

Sanji's relevance doesn't make him stronger than Jinbe or Yamato, but yeah the monster trio has been a thing since Arlong.
It always has and will be about strength only. Sanji is stronger than Jinbei but not Yamato right now. She's much stronger. Even though I don't think she's joining, if she does, she's going below Sanji in an arc's time or something. Same as what happened in Franky, Robin and Jinbei's case. Even some of the biggest Yamato stans like @Cinera believe this, lol. Although the strength difference between the 3 is debatable, the Trio really ain't. The wings thing just further confirms it.