General & Others Remember when people were saying Monster Trio is not real or Sanji got kicked out of M3?

Lol your response is "well, I said so." Oda puts them in comparable situations and Jinbe comes out on top. Tekkai fractures Sanji's leg? Jinbe breaks Tekkai bones. Sanji raped by a warlord? Jinbe is a warlord. Sanji blocks Judge's spear? Jinbe blocks Napoleon. Jinbe fights Tobi Roppo while subordinates hit him? Sanji is clapped by Blacktooth and can't fight Tobi Roppo.

I was being generous by calling them equal tbh
This comment :laughmoji:

It always has and will be about strength only. Sanji is stronger than Jinbei but not Yamato right now. She's much stronger. Even though I don't think she's joining, if she does, she's going below Sanji in an arc's time or something. Same as what happened in Franky, Robin and Jinbei's case. Even some of the biggest Yamato stans like @Cinera believe this, lol. Although the strength difference between the 3 is debatable, the Trio really ain't. The wings thing just further confirms it.

Because within the Straw Hat crew there hasn't been anyone to even challenge Sanji in third place for strength as of the beginning of the arc. But the ironic thing with what you say is that he will still lose to Robin. Hell, he'll lose to Nami. The only point of bringing her up is that it's hilarious that people think fighting Queen makes him stronger. Imagine if in the middle of his fight with Who's Who, Jinbe got on a loudspeaker and said FRANKY COME GET THIS GUY BRO and ran off to fight Big Mom. Would he be stronger? Lol.

There's nothing being offered other than "that's the way it goes." Quote me again on this when there's something from the manga that highlights your point. Like when Sanji blocks an admiral and Jinbe gets knocked to the ground by fodder. That would honestly make them just even, but at least it's better than "because that's how it's been and I say it will be."

Because within the Straw Hat crew there hasn't been anyone to even challenge Sanji in third place for strength as of the beginning of the arc. But the ironic thing with what you say is that he will still lose to Robin. Hell, he'll lose to Nami. The only point of bringing her up is that it's hilarious that people think fighting Queen makes him stronger. Imagine if in the middle of his fight with Who's Who, Jinbe got on a loudspeaker and said FRANKY COME GET THIS GUY BRO and ran off to fight Big Mom. Would he be stronger? Lol.

There's nothing being offered other than "that's the way it goes." Quote me again on this when there's something from the manga that highlights your point. Like when Sanji blocks an admiral and Jinbe gets knocked to the ground by fodder. That would honestly make them just even, but at least it's better than "because that's how it's been and I say it will be."
Man... The dynamic is as clear as day imo. Oda could've made Jinbei go for BM as you said, but he didn't. Hell, he could've made Franky go for Kaido with his 'anti-Kaido weapons', but he didn't. Robin, Franky and Jinbei, all 3 destroyed their Flying 6 opponents but didn't fight calamities. There is a reason that Zoro and Sanji are fighting the Top 2 calamities. It clearly shows the power dynamic. And it's funny you bring the Robin and Nami point because you know damn well that they aren't stronger than Sanji but it's just a part of his character. It's absolutely irrelevant to this discussion.

If you want to believe that Jinbei is stronger than Sanji so be it, lol. I just didn't know some people still thought that after the wings thing.

Yeah remember that? Good time.

Not only Monster Trio is canon, the portrayal of it is immensely shown throughout the series.

First it was confirmed by Nami in Thriller Bark.

And second was Caribou in Fishman Island.

Now, Oda likes to put Luffy, Zoro and Sanji in the same panel A LOT.

Stuff like that.

In an interview, Oda puts Zoro and Sanji as the Wings of the Pirate King.

Which later got confirmed.

Then we got the "Stars" statement from Marco which also referred to both Zoro and Sanji.

And just like the interview, both Zoro and Sanji have trust on Luffy and got his back.

One wing can't be heavier than another. The Wings are indisputable placement of the crew.:cheers:

Praise be the Monster Trio!!! Long Live the Monster Trio!!!

Tagging some Monster Trio fans!
So practically you and sanji fans want to live on zoro's shadow. whatever he does, it's good for you even if sanji does nothing right ?
It seems that pride is something you can't obtain easily ...

It all started with "Jimbe is now a SH, he's gonna fight at least Jack, maybe even Queen, instead Sanji will have his Page One rematch", while someone of us kept saying "guys, there is no way Oda is gonna change the M3 dynamic so close to the manga's end,plus Sanji clearly bullied Page One so a Tobiroppo is too little for him"
And we all know how this finished lmao

Man... The dynamic is as clear as day imo. Oda could've made Jinbei go for BM as you said, but he didn't. Hell, he could've made Franky go for Kaido with his 'anti-Kaido weapons', but he didn't. Robin, Franky and Jinbei, all 3 destroyed their Flying 6 opponents but didn't fight calamities. There is a reason that Zoro and Sanji are fighting the Top 2 calamities. It clearly shows the power dynamic. And it's funny you bring the Robin and Nami point because you know damn well that they aren't stronger than Sanji but it's just a part of his character. It's absolutely irrelevant to this discussion.

If you want to believe that Jinbei is stronger than Sanji so be it, lol. I just didn't know some people still thought that after the wings thing.
A part of his character that put him against Queen where he wouldn't have been otherwise. Jinbe doesn't decline fights for any reason, which is why he is where he is.

As far as it goes with what Oda chose not to do, he chose not to show Sanji accomplish something that Jinbe can't. All you say is just beating around the bush unless you have an example of that. What Oda DID do for just one thing is had Sanji comment that a Gifter was strong right before Jinbe blew him away. I already listed several other things that actually happened in comparison. Just say something that actually makes Sanji look stronger than Jinbe, please, because I am open to hearing you out and yet all you talk about is "how it should be."

She refers to them as “three monsters” once in Thriller Bark and the fandom has been screaming about it ever since, that’s not a confirmation in my opinion.
The exact same wording is used by both Nami and Caribou and it contains a "group" connotation, hence why not only it is translatable as "the group of the three monsters" or, more naturally, "monster trio" (which happens to be the translation Google offers) but it has also been accepted by Japanese readers to put Luffy, Zoro and Sanji together the way we do.

They are the monster trio, Luffy is the captain and Zoro and Sanji his wings. Simple as that.

A part of his character that put him against Queen where he wouldn't have been otherwise. Jinbe doesn't decline fights for any reason, which is why he is where he is.
You're making it sound like Sanji is fighting Queen because it connects to his character and not because Oda made Queen just so he connects to Sanji's character. You do realize that the author isn't bound by anything in this case, right? If Oda wanted to reverse their roles and make Jinbei fight the stronger one, he would. He would just make Who's Who and Queen different. This is a very bad reasoning imo.

As far as it goes with what Oda chose not to do, he chose not to show Sanji accomplish something that Jinbe can't. All you say is just beating around the bush unless you have an example of that. What Oda DID do for just one thing is had Sanji comment that a Gifter was strong right before Jinbe blew him away. I already listed several other things that actually happened in comparison. Just say something that actually makes Sanji look stronger than Jinbe, please, because I am open to hearing you out and yet all you talk about is "how it should be."
Yeah, I'm not taking feats as the primary argument and the crew dynamic as it's One Piece! "How it should be" is what it is right now and exactly what Oda is doing right now. Portrayal and the established dynamic has always been much more credible. So Zoro and Sanji are the wings of PK not because of being the 2 strongest in the crew after Luffy but because... I dunno they're more relevant? lol. It's so obvious that even genuine Jinbei stans like @TheKnightOfTheSea agree to it.

You literally said that the Monster Trio is an actual thing. What else does it mean other than being the Top 3 strongest of the crew? The 3 share no dynamic other than their strength and it has always been like that.

The M3 dynamic isn't necessarily meant to last always and all the time.

It could very well be that Yamato turns out to be more potent than Sanji and eventually she is surpassed again in the future.

It's not that Oda needs to portray LuZoSa moments all the time and make them shine from a power level perspective at the same time in the same panels as a combo.

They were called monsters by nami cuz those 3 were monstrously strong compared to rest of the crew. Jimbei now has joined and we know he is former warlord, clashed with yonko/admiral and fought ace many days, so can you say jimbei isn't monster himself? Jimbei has better feats than sanji ffs:kayneshrug: Monster trio doesnt make sense anymore cuz jimbei is monster himself and if yamato joins, the daughter of kaido who is fighting him while he is in his hybrid form alone.

But one think I agree is that luffys right and left hand will be zoro and sanji and thats the way it has been all this time. Even tough that doesn't necessarilly mean that sanji>jimbei/yamato. Its just Oda isnt going to change something that has been going on 1000 chapters.:kata:

Funny thing is idiots are ONLY looking about the strength stuff.

Sanji will be the third strongest. Full stop

But look at the characters and the dynamics. You can head canon a lot. But no one is fitting into it. Yamato included.
Same like we have the 3 SN captains trio... Same as we have the brothers trio. They are all matching not only in look but also in characters. Whole different in characters and design but also similar

Water 7 Franky was the closest one but we know the end

You're making it sound like Sanji is fighting Queen because it connects to his character and not because Oda made Queen just so he connects to Sanji's character. You do realize that the author isn't bound by anything in this case, right? If Oda wanted to reverse their roles and make Jinbei fight the stronger one, he would. He would just make Who's Who and Queen different. This is a very bad reasoning imo.

Yeah, I'm not taking feats as the primary argument and the crew dynamic as it's One Piece! "How it should be" is what it is right now and exactly what Oda is doing right now. Portrayal and the established dynamic has always been much more credible. So Zoro and Sanji are the wings of PK not because of being the 2 strongest in the crew after Luffy but because... I dunno they're more relevant? lol. It's so obvious that even genuine Jinbei stans like @TheKnightOfTheSea agree to it.

You literally said that the Monster Trio is an actual thing. What else does it mean other than being the Top 3 strongest of the crew? The 3 share no dynamic other than their strength and it has always been like that.
You still don't understand that relevance of character and strength aren't the same thing. Zoro is far less relevant than Luffy, and yet he's beaten the shit out of people who have given Luffy trouble. In arcs where his opponent was weaker, he made it out with far better health and less help. I don't know how to sustain interest in beating you over the head with this point but maybe you'll get it after ZKK, or just run off or something.

Queen was made for Sanji and is stronger than Who's Who, but Jinbe beat the living shit out of Who's Who where Sanji won't make it past Queen with the same ease respectively. Who's Who is at least as strong as Vergo, though. This is what you are trying to argue around because Oda decides to not have Sanji outclass Jinbe. He has a harder fight against a tougher opponent. Okay? You think Jinbe would lose to Queen?

And yes, I said the Monster trio is a thing and was the way you see it. Some things change and some stay the same. Sanji had no answer for Robin before DJ, but he kept his position. His bonds with Luffy and Zoro don't change whether or not someone is stronger than him. And yes, there are bonds aside from strength, because Luffy likes Sanji for more than strength and Sanji never actually competes with Zoro in power. That's literally not the basis of their interactions.

If Oda has Sanji outclass Jinbe, I say it has to be with the Raid Suit. In either case, quote me when it happens and I'll accept an L. But it won't happen. We just have to agree to disagree.