Speculations Speculations on Chapter 986 (or 987)

my guess here, just build it with @playa4321 in WhatsApp:

Next chapter will start a flashback of Yamato, in Form telling her story to luffy, with ace appearing at the end of chapter. 987 is then about Yamato and Ace, last half about Ace execution and Yamato being able to make kaido go to safe ace. Also a reason why she is so disappointed by her dad, he didn’t even fulfilled her one lifetime wish to save Ace.
We see that kaido got stopped by shanks. Not sure if shanks is knowing the intentions of kaido there, but we know he stopped him to go.
So last panel we see luffy then realizing Ace kinda died cause Shanks stopped kaido. Indirectly, it is Shanks fault that Ace died. Luffy breaks down.
I swear, if we lose the whole august just for this...:whitepress:

Next chapter will start a flashback of Yamato, in Form telling her story to luffy, with ace appearing at the end of chapter. 987 is then about Yamato and Ace, last half about Ace execution and Yamato being able to make kaido go to safe ace. Also a reason why she is so disappointed by her dad, he didn’t even fulfilled her one lifetime wish to save Ace.
We see that kaido got stopped by shanks. Not sure if shanks is knowing the intentions of kaido there, but we know he stopped him to go.
So last panel we see luffy then realizing Ace kinda died cause Shanks stopped kaido. Indirectly, it is Shanks fault that Ace died. Luffy breaks down.

the war wasn't heated yet and we will get another flashback, i mean cmon man. I love flashback but this isn't the time.
I hope so but you never know :kriwhat:

If the raid ends in failure Zoro's flashback will be justified for Act 4. Right now, I want Oda to show the alliance being decimated before chapter 1000 where he is very likely gonna throw an insane chapter.

S

SwordMaster

Can't wait next chapter.

by redon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:24 pm
In the end I have chosen to speak to sandman directly.

He has told me that the editor Iwasaki says " そ の と き が 次 の… ジ ャ ン プ の 次 の 号 く ら い じ ゃ な い で す か"which translated would be " The chapter you are talking about will be included in the ... next, next Jump right? "

As I said in my previous message, Iwasaki does say the word " next " twice in a row and that's why some people who know Japanese but are not Japanese understand that they mean chapter 987. But both Sandman and other 5ch Japanese understand for the context that the editors talk about the next Jump and if so, they talk about chapter 986.

We will see what happens in the next chapter to clear up any doubts.

PD: At the end of the live show Tanaka (Luffy's seiyu) asks editor Naito " How old will Luffy be when the series ends? " And he replies " Well ... could I know the answer ... Well, I'm not sure " and throw balls outside. Can you imagine that something is missing? It would have been the Spoiler of the century

Worst

Custom title

too good to happen

Great theory
But it somehow it doesn't fit OP, someone close to Luffy indirectly being the cause of the death of another one dear to him
Too complicated for OP

F

Fallen Prince

Speculation

-zoro gets his ass kicked

-zoro finds out he has no p***s

-zoro finds out kuina is yamato .
Post automatically merged:

Momo being executed apparently

Rip my child

I fail to believe it however, doubt that Oda would execute a child and show it lol
Not in a million years you forgot he has dragkn fruit he is too important to story.

M

MD Zolo

Since Luffy and Yamato are both on the move, I don't think they have time for gut-wrenching flashback. The last chapter was the better option for such a flashback.

"ASHURA"

Zoro fans will cry out of joy upon seeing Zoro finally utter those words.
Post automatically merged:

Can't wait next chapter.

by redon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:24 pm
In the end I have chosen to speak to sandman directly.

He has told me that the editor Iwasaki says " そ の と き が 次 の… ジ ャ ン プ の 次 の 号 く ら い じ ゃ な い で す か"which translated would be " The chapter you are talking about will be included in the ... next, next Jump right? "

As I said in my previous message, Iwasaki does say the word " next " twice in a row and that's why some people who know Japanese but are not Japanese understand that they mean chapter 987. But both Sandman and other 5ch Japanese understand for the context that the editors talk about the next Jump and if so, they talk about chapter 986.

We will see what happens in the next chapter to clear up any doubts.

PD: At the end of the live show Tanaka (Luffy's seiyu) asks editor Naito " How old will Luffy be when the series ends? " And he replies " Well ... could I know the answer ... Well, I'm not sure " and throw balls outside. Can you imagine that something is missing? It would have been the Spoiler of the century
Precisely why native Japanese translators are the best source of translations/clarifications

Anyone dying out of the blue in the next two chapters would be more shocking than a sad moment.

So anyone dying goes in the bin for me. It could be an unexpected sad flashback or a really hype moment.

Like @Sadistic Senpai brought up, a moment with the scabbards/samurai which resonates with the Japanese demographic on their culture could be one of the reasons too.

Last edited: