Chapter Discussion Stephen Paul on "slay/kill"

I don't want to criticize anyone but why english audiences are so dumb ? you do know One Piece is a japanese manga and not an english one ? You do know that there is many profesionnal people who speak japanese from many countries ? If you don't like, just take another translations. And if a professional one says "i put "cut in pieces" because Oda said he doesn't like to use the word kill", what the hell you want to argue about ? If you don't like his translations, find another or learn japanese by yourself to have your own opinion.

Sorry but cut in pieces doesn't mean death ? Or you gonna tell me that if someone says "hey watsup shall we cut in pieces this chicken and see if it's still alive ?" it doesn't mean you are gonna kill that poor chicken ? XDD!
Looks like the first guy who asked this question is a chrono from Zoro fans, denying the translations because you don't like it ?
If those people are retards, it's their problems but don't bother a guy who is doing that for many years. And i'm not saying he is always right because he is just a human who could make mistakes, but remember japanese is not easy to understand and especially japanese from manga because it's absolutely not used in real life.

Defeated , its one piece nobody dying obviously. Hell if he does die, it’s damn sure not going to be one of the main cast. I can see either Law using MES to give wano citizens or momo the chance. Or BB/Meme/ maybe kid doing the actual death blow.
if kaido is just defeated and not killed, who will stop him from taking over wano again when the strawhats continue their adventures?

and apparently wano citizens (fodder), momo (fodder), bb (not present) are more likely to deal the death blow instead of someone from the actual main cast. . . . interesting indeed.

edit: if you meant the scabbards with "wano citizens", my bad, then its legit

Last edited:
Wait wait let me set this straight, the original Japanese words literally mean /cut off his head/decapitate/, but Stepen translated into a slightly different meaning (slice into pieces) because it's too brutal for a SH to say it? Because the same words when Oden said it was translated into /cut off your head/ :sanmoji:

Look, I believe in ZKK.
But I don't subscribe to this nonsense of saying "Stephen Paul changed the scene...", "Trash translator...", "He didn't keep the intent...", etc... etc...
The intent is quite literally kept, you don't have to cry about it.
He isn't god, he can make mistakes. But this translation right here doesn't seem to be a mistake in any way.
yeah im usually very vocal about him and his translation, but this is non issue
Post automatically merged:

There has been barely any complaints about the translations of this chapter from Zoro fans, if you compare it to the chapter few weeks ago i don't see where the controversy is coming from
and also this.
dont try to falseflag us, we know around here who is the chiller fanbase between z and s

Last edited: