Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Is it too late for
#GREENGOD #HAKIGOD #GODKING
I still want him to earn the "Demon King" epithet (to parallel Rayleigh's "Dark King"). "Maou Roronoa Zoro". I've been wishing that he unlocks other/more advanced demon forms that grant different combat ability boosts.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I still want him to earn the "Demon King" epithet (to parallel Rayleigh's "Dark King"). "Maou Roronoa Zoro". I've been wishing that he unlocks other/more advanced demon forms that grant different combat ability boosts.
To be honest. Mei-O Rayleigh or Dark King is the best epithet in OP. Nothing comes close imo. Demon King might.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
To be honest. Mei-O Rayleigh or Dark King is the best epithet in OP. Nothing comes close imo. Demon King might.
Yeah, when it was mentioned at SA, I felt chills. More than any other eptithet, it instills fear. Even the description as the "Right Hand Man of the Pirate King" gave me the impression of some shadow ruler that was the man behind the legend.

I just found something referring to the path of asura. It makes a lot of sense one sec
Okay so apparently the path to asura is described as

"Always desiring to be superior to others, have no patience for inferior and belittling strangers, like a hawk, flying high above and looking down on others, yet displaying justice, worship, wisdom and faith."

They are often described as as being the lowest order of good.

Now this philosophy ties heavily with zoro, since he displays this very frequently

I just found something referring to the path of asura. It makes a lot of sense one sec
What is that? :O
Post automatically merged:

"Always desiring to be superior to others, have no patience for inferior and belittling strangers, like a hawk, flying high above and looking down on others, yet displaying justice, worship, wisdom and faith."

Now this philosophy ties heavily with zoro, since he displays this very frequently
Ah I see that's amazing!

Now the asura aren't demons. They are technically still gods, just not as morally good. They also have a heavy history of drinking.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I think so. In Sabaody he didn't fight. In PH and FI I think it's only those ones. I might have to check DR but from memory I don't think there was something there. Zou nothing much and so far in Wano nothing iirc.

Someone might wanna double check this, and correct me if I am mistaken.
I scoured the wiki, and there are no other instances. I don't recall any either (I've reread postskip before when compiling Zoro's scenes).

Tbh, zoro said suffering is preferred on the path to asura. Now I have no idea what is meant by the path to asura, but I think it may be the path to chaos due to the mythological connection. But massacre is not necessarily a part of asura.
Btw as I said before,
Oni Giri is a pun for riceball.
Yaki Oni Giri is a pun for grilled rice ball
Enbima Yonezu Oni Giri is probably a pun for shrimp mayonnaise rice ball (Ebi Mayoneezu)

Rengaku Oni Giri doesnt have any foodbased pun.

Zoro-Kaku's fight also has a lot of foodbased puns:
Nigiri → Nigiri sushi (hand-rolled sushi)
Toro → Toro (tuna)
Otoro → Otoro (fatty tuna)
Hirameki → Hirame (flounder)
Samon → Salmon

Oda may have not fleshed out the concept yet. He seems to have added the spirit/aura accompanying Zoro's attacks after his Mihawk fight. I'm not convinced the Mihawk fight was the impetus for their manifestation, there doesn't really seem to have been any indication of that.

So far most of these spirits provide mere aesthetic appeal, but they might further Zoro's demonic theme. Some of his attacks do seem to have supernatural qualities:
  • Embina Yonezu Oni Giri: his swords wave and bend.
  • (Kokujo Ou) Tatsumaki: he creates a tornado.
  • Kiki: Kyutoryu Asura: he manifests two extra arms and two heads.
  • Hiryu: Kaen: wounds inflicted catch fire.

The main reason to think there's something to the spirits is that Kaku implies that he created Asura with his spirit:

So perhaps the spirits that accompany Zoro have functions beyond mere aesthetics.

On another note, if like BOAT Asura is retconned to be an application of haki, I favour it being an advanced application of colour of armaments haki. Instead of welding your aura as an invisible armour, you shape it into solid objects (in Zoro's case the extra arms and heads). Others with these ability could e.g. manifest claws, gauntlets, real armour or other armaments with their aura. This is just a fanfic for now though.
Yeah, Kaku could see Asura spirit

The fodders could also see Zoro's swords are bending in Enbima Yonezu attack

So those do have some effect on the characters of One Piece verse

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

This describes the Asura god Rahu from Journey to the West to a point. The desire to be superior, no patience for inferior, belittling strangers... Rahu also happens to be a Nitoryu swordsman.

Their justice is determined by the rules of combat, the winner is just and the loser is wrong. Combat is part of their nature, they are not evil, just chaotic. Zoro is a milder version of this but when he is in bandana mindset he comes close to the way of Asura.

This describes the Asura god Rahu from Journey to the West to a point. The desire to be superior, no patience for inferior, belittling strangers... Rahu also happens to be a Nitoryu swordsman.

Their justice is determined by the rules of combat, the winner is just and the loser is wrong. Combat is part of their nature, they are not evil, just chaotic. Zoro is a milder version of this but when he is in bandana mindset he comes close to the way of Asura.
Yes, but the Hindu and Buddhist mythology are a bit different. I needed to mix the both.

Mostly the categories. In Hinduism, asuras are demigods, but they have 2 alignments. Good and bad. Buddhism is more neutral. The malevolent ones are the enemies of gods and the benevolent ones are simply gods. Shintoism is based on both Hinduism and Buddhism so I needed to mix them
I love Shintoism personally. And that's mainly because of my degree which is automation engineering. And their concept of machine and relationship between human and machine is amazing.

I also hope Oda referred to Shintoism in particular lol.