Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
@Light D Lamperouge once again outdoing himself. Honestly, he just loves me too much.
:blush:

I think I like the middle panel best. I plan to make more compilations like this demonstrating Zoro's extraordinary willpower and determination.

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
Hopefully everyone in this thread if not then gtfo
Damn bruh :catcry:

I don't believe in ZKKC simply because I don't think any one person is beating Kaido 1 vs 1, not just Zoro. Team-ups, group battles and outside faction interference will wither away Kaido's HP, and Luffy will get the final blow. Zoro certainly could be involved in the Kaido boss fight as a part of the team.

Honestly, as long as Zoro gets an entertaining fight, which I'm sure he will, I'll be happy regardless of opponent.

Plz don't kick me outta here for saying dis lol

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
Damn bruh :catcry:

I don't believe in ZKKC simply because I don't think any one person is beating Kaido 1 vs 1, not just Zoro. Team-ups, group battles and outside faction interference will wither away Kaido's HP, and Luffy will get the final blow. Zoro certainly could be involved in the Kaido boss fight as a part of the team.

Honestly, as long as Zoro gets an entertaining fight, which I'm sure he will, I'll be happy regardless of opponent.

Plz don't kick me outta here for saying dis lol
Nah, there's no requirement that folks here have the same opinions regarding Zoro. @Don DaSlayer has no actual ability to act on his threat as well.

@Cinera @Nidai_Kitetsu @everyone else interested

Thanks, very well done.

So the first time Zoro displayed those "spirits" were against Hachi in Arlong Park?

He used Tora Gari against Nuyaban brothers and Mihawk without displaying any spirit manifestation

But when he used it against Braham in Skypea, we can see the tiger spirit

Those spirits have no connection to his swords as I can see the spirits again when he fights without sword here:

Something must have happened to him after his fight with Mihawk. Or may be I am overthinking, those dont really mean much. Anyway, its fun to find those panels as Oda draws those only for Zoro.

Btw, how many times have we seen those post-TS?

In FI once:

and then against the dragon in PH:

Only these 2 times? @Light D Lamperouge

@Guan Yu can you link the post of @Light D Lamperouge on Zoro's spirit manifestation and my post on Zoro's attacks based on Buddhism on the first page so its easy to find out later?

Thanks, very well done.

So the first time Zoro displayed those "spirits" were against Hachi in Arlong Park?

He used Tora Gari against Nuyaban brothers and Mihawk without displaying any spirit manifestation

Those spirits have no connection to his swords as I can see the spirits again when he fights without sword here:

Something must have happened to him after his fight with Mihawk. Or may be I am overthinking, those dont really mean much. Anyway, its fun to find those panels as Oda draws those only for Zoro.

Btw, how many times have we seen those post-TS?

In FI once:

and then against the dragon in PH:

@Guan Yu can you link the post of @Light D Lamperouge on Zoro's spirit manifestation and my post on Zoro's attacks based on Buddhism on the first page so its easy to find out later?
Consider it done.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Yeah. I was going through them and didn't see them.

This one I missed. Thanks.

Could be. I am not sure if we can conclude something as of yet, but maybe his will/desire to surpass Mihawk sky rocketed after his duel and maybe awoke those spirits in him. Yeah it's really fun.

I think so. In Sabaody he didn't fight. In PH and FI I think it's only those ones. I might have to check DR but from memory I don't think there was something there. Zou nothing much and so far in Wano nothing iirc.

Someone might wanna double check this, and correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks, very well done.
Thanks.

Cinera

โ€Ž
Or may be I am overthinking, those dont really mean much.
Oda may have not fleshed out the concept yet. He seems to have added the spirit/aura accompanying Zoro's attacks after his Mihawk fight. I'm not convinced the Mihawk fight was the impetus for their manifestation, there doesn't really seem to have been any indication of that.

So far most of these spirits provide mere aesthetic appeal, but they might further Zoro's demonic theme. Some of his attacks do seem to have supernatural qualities:
  • Embina Yonezu Oni Giri: his swords wave and bend.
  • (Kokujo Ou) Tatsumaki: he creates a tornado.
  • Kiki: Kyutoryu Asura: he manifests two extra arms and two heads.
  • Hiryu: Kaen: wounds inflicted catch fire.

The main reason to think there's something to the spirits is that Kaku implies that he created Asura with his spirit:

So perhaps the spirits that accompany Zoro have functions beyond mere aesthetics.

On another note, if like BOAT Asura is retconned to be an application of haki, I favour it being an advanced application of colour of armaments haki. Instead of welding your aura as an invisible armour, you shape it into solid objects (in Zoro's case the extra arms and heads). Others with these ability could e.g. manifest claws, gauntlets, real armour or other armaments with their aura. This is just a fanfic for now though.

Last edited:
As I said before, Zoro's pre attack chant here is my favourite of his pre attack chants so far:
"The self in a forsaken world, rend".

@Yukihime do you have any idea what "the self in a forsaken world could refer to"?

FTFY.
:goyea:

Yea, it and other archive sites.

I'll try to take a look tomorrow.

Tag me when you do.
I think this doesnt have any religious reference. I found this in Stephen's script:

Note: The Rashomon gate, from which the Kurosawa movie takes its name, was once the grandest gate in the former Japanese capital of Kyoto. In English "Rashomon" often represents a situation in which subjective perceptions create differing accounts of the same event, because that is what the film is about. However, in Japanese, "Rashomon" also represents the decay and corruption of culture, because the gate fell into disrepair and became a place for thieves, corpses and unwanted babies.

Probably thats where the "forsaken world" comes from.

@Fenaker already posted this I guess.

From what I get from it, Zoro is referring to life. Note it's "on the path of carnage" and not "on the path to carnage." In buddhism, life is often painted in a dark light. To reach nirvana, you are beaten and reborn until you reach enlightenment. To be honest, I think that quote goes hand in hand with his battle with Ohm. From it, he attempted to cast out his attachment for Chopper. Suffering is rooted in transient concepts and passions, like life, love, anger, desires.

Asura is Zoro succumbing to his passion; therefore suffering, as Asura was a deity defined by his passion, and why he is tied to war, which is suffering born from passion. It could explain why he has yet to use it post timeskip, and part of it has to do with his training, which was compared to enlightenment stage from the Bodhisattva Path theory @MasterD helped craft.
Post automatically merged:

Well, Rengoku means "purgatory", which is the state between life and death of where sinners go after they pass away. At least in christianity.
I have some vague idea on the suffering part from the perspective of Buddhism. The carnage part is a little confusing.

Carnage means slaughter or massacre, right? I dont understand which "path of slaughter/massacre" Zoro is referring to here.

I think this doesnt have any religious reference. I found this in Stephen's script:

Note: The Rashomon gate, from which the Kurosawa movie takes its name, was once the grandest gate in the former Japanese capital of Kyoto. In English "Rashomon" often represents a situation in which subjective perceptions create differing accounts of the same event, because that is what the film is about. However, in Japanese, "Rashomon" also represents the decay and corruption of culture, because the gate fell into disrepair and became a place for thieves, corpses and unwanted babies.

Probably thats where the "forsaken world" comes from.

@Fenaker already posted this I guess.

I have some vague idea on the suffering part from the perspective of Buddhism. The carnage part is a little confusing.

Carnage means slaughter or massacre, right? I dont understand which "path of slaughter/massacre" Zoro is referring to here.
Tbh, zoro said suffering is preferred on the path to asura. Now I have no idea what is meant by the path to asura, but I think it may be the path to chaos due to the mythological connection. But massacre is not necessarily a part of asura.

Cinera

โ€Ž
Tbh, zoro said suffering is preferred on the path to asura. Now I have no idea what is meant by the path to asura, but I think it may be the path to chaos due to the mythological connection. But massacre is not necessarily a part of asura.
Oh my, this is interesting. So maybe Zoro is becoming more like the mythical deity he draws power from.