Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
@Nidai_Kitetsu you just reminded me that a lot of my favourite Zoro quotes (or particular wordings thereof) are anime only:
  • "A wound that'd make an ordinary man unconscious... I won't lose to it. A wound that would kill an ordinary person... I won't lose to it! To face one who is extraordinary, Hawk Eyes... I can't allow myself to be ordinary!"
  • "There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day...not even Death itself can take my life away!"
  • "If I die here, then I'm a man that could only make it this far."
  • Mihawk: "it seems you've finally found something more important than your ambition".
Anime actually did a great job, they used the better translation than ViZ for all those moments. Pre-Stephen ViZ translations were shit. They butchered these epic quotes:

Tbh the animators used better translation than even Stephen's scripts. Kazuya Nakai sensei also deserves a lot of credit for his epic voice.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
The Black Blade aka Kokuto... What is it and what does it represent? This is my theory:

Gyukimaru told us that Shusui became black blade along Ryuma's many battles. While it is unclear what happens during many battles, we can assume one thing - Color of Armament gets improved more and more. Mihawk is said to have had many battles as well, according to his vivre card, he dueled strong swordsmen until he no longer had anyone left to duel.

Now, a lot of characters have a very high level of Color of Armament but why do they lack a black blade? Is their CoA weaker?
We should remember how Mihawk described himself - I am not a brute who hunts rabbits with a cannon. Another thing that Mihawk said was - Without subtlety, the sword is but an iron bar. I dont think that Kokutos are forged mid-battle.

While all the big names have large amounts of Color of Armament what they lack compared to Mihawk and Ryuma are control and precision, they are brutes after all. Now, the forging process of a black blade requires two components - Hardening and Flow, better said unparalleled levels of Hardening and impeccable control over the Flow.
While those levels of Hardening may be achievable for more individuals other than Ryuma and Mihawk, their control over the Flow probably fell short and is the reason why they never managed to forge a black blade. They probably tried but failed.

Many have noticed that Roger, Rayleigh and Shanks have used different swords during different times when we saw them in the manga.
Question is - Why? It is because they tried to forge a Kokuto and failed. Why would they change swords if they couldnt forge a Kokuto?
Because the failure of that process results in swords being shattered in pieces!

The process itself is the following - the Hardening needs to be so strong that it creates immense pressure on the blade, to the point that it starts combusting but such pressure eventually breaks the blade. Now, what prevents it from breaking is top-notch control over the Flow which "holds" the blade together by evenly distributing the pressure on all points of the blade. If that pressure distribution gets disrupted even a little, the result is the inevitable destruction of the blade.
The benefit of a black blade could be only what we already know - an object with incredible hardness. Basically, an invincible shield. Is there anything better that a swordsman could ask for?

That brings me to Zoro's attempt of forging a black blade in Wano. While his Hardening could have already achieved such levels that it could combust the blade, the control over the Flow is still not at required level but it took a step closer - that is what getting used to Enma is for, the control over the flow.
He will try to forge Enma into a Kokuto but he will fail and the blade will be shattered. Nidai Kitetsu will take its place after Wano, that blade has no other purpose than eventually ending up at Zoro's hip, nobody else wishes for a cursed blade.
So far, I think this theory works pretty well.
@nik87 is so desperate for his 3x Kitetsu theory that he theorises Zoro destroying Enma.
:gokulaugh:

Enma will be successfully blackened:

:cheers:

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
This is the point I was trying to make. The first black blade will be wado ichimonji.
I think this is what would happen if black blades work as advertised, i.e. are forged over time through countless battles as the wielder bonds with the blade. If blackening a sword is just an extreme feat of COA (or Oden has already made progress towards Enma's blackening) then I expect Enma to be blackened first.

I think this is what would happen if black blades work as advertised, i.e. are forged over time through countless battles as the wielder bonds with the blade. If blackening a sword is just an extreme feat of COA (or Oden has already made progress towards Enma's blackening) then I expect Enma to be blackened first.
Sounds a little underwhelming if permanent black blade can be achieved in the same way Luffy got his advanced CoA or FS. It has to be something greater and more difficult to achieve

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The only one who changes swords in quick succession is zoro. Apart from wado for other reasons.
Hes had sandai for 2 years
And enma about two weeks.
And sandai is likely on its way out

Rays katana was shown in the flashback.
Which means hes had for years.

Shanks gryphon is one of rogers or rays swords imo and shanks has had that longer than zoro has had enma.

Oden had 2 swords on panel he used haki on from 18 - 39 and couldnt make it black.

Countless battles and time seem the least important factor.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Anime actually did a great job, they used the better translation than ViZ for all those moments. Pre-Stephen ViZ translations were shit. They butchered these epic quotes:

Tbh the animators used better translation than even Stephen's scripts. Kazuya Nakai sensei also deserves a lot of credit for his epic voice.
I can’t wait to hear his voice work at Yasu’s execution. :steef: