Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Yup I will never get over it.
Zoro for the Wano arc has had the typical Hero's Journey like set up. Zoro visited Ebisu, met the sorrow and pain of the people caused by the Smiles and by Kaido, became friend with the local people, these people gave him to eat, despite they didnt have for themselves. He saved the daughter of Oden, the hero who couldn't kill Kaido to save his country. He was given Oden's sword, Enma, the "magic/cursed object" signature of many fantasy stories (swords and sorcery subgenre) who holds a massive simbolic importance, learning to master the object is the key to defeat the villain (the main one, not the last second random used to fill a hole). Since 15 years he has been paralleled with Ryuma, the dragonslayer, Dragon is the fruit of Kaido. Another character of the past is introduced with the same aspect as Zoro, obviously clearly with the intent of introducing us readers to Zoro's origin, that would connect him to Wano furthermore.
Then everything suddenly is scrap paper. Joyboy and Nika comes out of nowhere into play, even Zunisha appear completely random only to announce Joyboy's return and then goes back in the shadows,
Yet the most ppl out there, really believe that all of this was only written so that Zoro could fight King, a character we knew nothing of and we only had a tiny backstory once he had to fight Zoro. An opponent and a fight who had very little narrative relevance with the rest of the Wano events.
And also, AdvCoc was clearly the highlighted power up of the arc, as it was set upped since Oden flashback with Roger vs WB.
When was Nika ever heard of? Nowhere to be found prior to a random convo between who's who and jinbe while they were fighting.
That awaken came straight out of the author or some editor ass cause suddenly he decided that the mc wasn't stronger enough than anyone else around him.
Sorry if I still vent about Wano, I will never get past it. So much I can't get involved at all into this new arc. Zoro was really done dirt and it piss me off so much that only few fans are bothered by it.
You're good DKI, we need to vent about how to not write a samurai story. Wano had promise, and it's only appropriate that luffy take a back seat for Zoro, since hes the closest thing to a samurai, and is on this hero journey for the people of wano. Even Hyori begged Zoro to kill kaido, offering her father sword. Luffy wasn't ready to beat kaido, even with all that training to awaken acoa and acoc, he still lost. Like you said, there was no set up for joyboy until who's who mentioned it. Kaido and the samurai have 20+years of history, where the people sought for a samurai to kill the dragon, just like they did back with Ryuma. Joyboy should've awaken in a different arc with Shanks, than in Wano or dnt let his awakening be the reason kaido falls because kaido too has one.. I don't understand why Oda couldn't keep luffy dead for a minute or out of commission, just so Zoro can slay kaido like he was meant to do.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I don't understand why Oda couldn't keep luffy dead for a minute or out of commission, just so Zoro can slay kaido like he was meant to do.
He didnt even have to change anything that happened.
All he had to do is return Kaido after he Awakens.
Luffy at that point was out of commission.

The samurai who had all Wano plot lines tied to him, seals the deal.
His name reaches the heavens, part of his dream is accomplished.
But no, ending unawakened Kaido with a punch, something he said he wouldnt, is better.
Peak fiction. :ronalaugh:

He didnt even have to change anything that happened.
All he had to do is return Kaido after he Awakens.
Luffy at that point was out of commission.

The samurai who had all Wano plot lines tied to him, seals the deal.
His name reaches the heavens, part of his dream is accomplished.
But no, ending unawakened Kaido with a punch, something he said he wouldnt, is better.
Peak fiction. :ronalaugh:
Exactly! :myman: After Kaido awakens, luffy is done, and we have the true ending to Wano. Kaido must be alive Nik

Then we have Oda do a time skip, destroying any chance to see zoro greatness. Doesnt make any sense that Kaido didnt awaken, but luffy with hardly no set up, did awaken, and ended kaido life with a goofy punch than the blade that he deserves. Oda must be on the weed:crazwhat:

I swear if with Seraphim Kaido Oda delivers what was promised with the real Kaido it will only show how coward he has been during Wano end
This would have no value whatsoever.
Even if S-Kaido is doing it in dragon form above the capital it will not meaning anything because Wano does not need to be freed anymore and Luffy is already seen as the new Ryuma.

Rest In Peace @KiriNigiri

You were way too patient with most of us than we deserved.
She really was. I cannot believe she is gone, this is heartbreaking 😔
She was one if not the most mature out here, her threads were always super interesting and detailed. I didnt always agree with everything she said, but she always expressed herself in a polite, respectful and also convincing manner, and I wish I could have done the same 😔
I am so sorry, Kiri, this is just unfair, may you rest in peace 😔