Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
This last chapter was the nail in the coffin. The way Oda is treating Zoro is embarrassing at least. First things first, matching Zoro against a Luffy's leftover is something unprecedented in the story. When Luffy faced Zoro's opponent, Oda always made sure to have something changed to make the match still appealing (Hody taking the drugs as example). Now he doesn't care, because is Zoro who has to face Luffy's leftover.

And how does the match go? Zoro stomps? Nah, it's a boring longass stalemate that lasts for multiple chapters with no developments and only a couple useless panels here and there while the main plot progess. Basically this fight was only a fucking GIMMICK to keep Zoro away from the goddam story for the 1000th time in the series!

Fear not, sure Zoro is gonna close this fight in the next 3 months at max, and we will all be happy as always for have that half chapter of Zoro epicness, and then Oda will put him in the sidelines again.

And in the meantime, Luffy as always is having the fight of his life, facing an admiral and then a demigod and doing amazingly (and how could he not? Oda gave this dude everything to justify him being absolutely unbeatable!), and even Sanji is having tons of epic moments, i can't even count the times he saved Bonney and the others, displayed leadership with underpressure split-second decisions and fought bravely against top-tiers opponents. But most important thing is, the two are part of the story, part of the events and of the development of the plot, part of the interactions with the characters involved in the arc, Zoro is not!

Daily reminder that just a couple of arcs ago it was an entire arc solely dedicated to Sanji (and Luffy) being Whole Cake Island, and YET Oda is still crafting these latest arc as if he owes something to Sanji, while Zoro, who actually is he the most mistreated character of the last DECADE, keeps being sidelined from everything, in a way or another.

It's time to sell my action figures on Ebay cause even the sole sight of something One Piece related makes me pissed and sad.
Post automatically merged:

I would love to know how, why is it so fucking difficult to impossible from Oda and his staff to have Zoro a bit INVOLVED into this goddam story. They were doing it so masterfully in Wano until they decided to "nah, lets screw all that we wrote till now we obviously set upped him to fight king after all our writing was crystal clear no? huh"

Last edited:
Dont worry you will feel better when the hype train arrives.
yea I know

Fear not, sure Zoro is gonna close this fight in the next 3 months at max, and we will all be happy as always for have that half chapter of Zoro epicness, and then Oda will put him in the sidelines again.
and Oda knows: keep Zoro sidelined from everything, then give his fans an half chapter of fanservice Zoro fight and that will be enough to satisfy them and keep them at bay for a while. That's why this circle of shit will happen until the very end of One Piece. :peperain:

This last chapter was the nail in the coffin. The way Oda is treating Zoro is embarrassing at least. First things first, matching Zoro against a Luffy's leftover is something unprecedented in the story. When Luffy faced Zoro's opponent, Oda always made sure to have something changed to make the match still appealing (Hody taking the drugs as example). Now he doesn't care, because is Zoro who has to face Luffy's leftover.

And how does the match go? Zoro stomps? Nah, it's a boring longass stalemate that lasts for multiple chapters with no developments and only a couple useless panels here and there while the main plot progess. Basically this fight was only a fucking GIMMICK to keep Zoro away from the goddam story for the 1000th time in the series!

And in the meantime, Luffy as always is having the fight of his life, facing an admiral and then a demigod and doing amazingly (and how could he not? Oda gave this dude everything to justify him being absolutely unbeatable!), and even Sanji is having tons of epic moments, i can't even count the times he saved Bonney and the others, displayed leadership with underpressure split-second decisions and fought bravely against top-tiers opponents. But most important thing is, the two are part of the story, part of the events and of the development of the plot, part of the interactions with the characters involved in the arc, Zoro is not!

Daily reminder that just a couple of arcs ago it was an entire arc solely dedicated to Sanji (and Luffy) being Whole Cake Island, and YET Oda is still crafting these latest arc as if he owes something to Sanji, while Zoro, who actually is he the most mistreated character of the last DECADE, keeps being sidelined from everything, in a way or another.

It's time to sell my action figures on Ebay cause even the sole sight of something One Piece related makes me pissed and sad.

I would love to know how, why is it so fucking difficult to impossible from Oda and his staff to have Zoro a bit INVOLVED into this goddam story. They were doing it so masterfully in Wano until they decided to "nah, lets screw all that we wrote till now we obviously set upped him to fight king after all our writing was crystal clear no? huh"
You are right.
Unfortunately a lot of Zoro fans do not care of his involvement in the story as long as he has epic feats.
Oda seems to have understand that and treats Zoro exactly like those Zoro fans wants : little to no involvement in the plot and epic feat here and there.

It is quite sad, but it is what it is.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
You are right.
Unfortunately a lot of Zoro fans do not care of his involvement in the story as long as he has epic feats.
Oda seems to have understand that and treats Zoro exactly like those Zoro fans wants : little to no involvement in the plot and epic feat here and there.

I dont think that's the case because other Strawhats are getting the same treatment and they dont get epic feats.
Oda simply has unhealthy obsession with making every plotline and every character revolve around Luffy.
That's why nobody else gets anything, not even those with grudges who live for one and only purpose, like Law...
Even that gets stolen by Luffy. The man is remembering Yasu on rooftop instead of Zoro... That's all we needed to know.

You are right.

the thing is if oda give zoro relevance story wise he will end up more famous not only in the OP community and also in verse. kinda like sasuke he was so famous the plot arent moving without him, the other way for zoro to be relevant is to become a jobber like vegeta who fight villain but always loose where as oda will avoid zoro meeting villain alltogether cause he will never loose.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
the thing is if oda give zoro relevance story wise he will end up more famous not only in the OP community and also in verse. kinda like sasuke he was so famous the plot arent moving without him, the other way for zoro to be relevant is to become a jobber like vegeta who fight villain but always loose where as oda will avoid zoro meeting villain alltogether cause he will never loose.
or break all his bones and remove his best sword (shusui)

or break all his bones and remove his best sword (shusui)
Oda respect zoro enough to not have a yonko clam his defeat solo. you cant say kaido beat zoro or big mom beat zoro on rooftop you can only say kaido and Big mom combined their strength to beat Zoro. its like shiki being defeated by garp and sengoku exept zoro didnt instantly collapse but helped separating big mom from kaido and leave a perma scar on hybrid kaido.

You are right.

Well, let's see if he understands the epic feat I expect from Zoro this arc is this panel but with Kizaru on the ground instead:

Same line too:pepebusi:

Anything less than that and I will sadly be forced to burn my non-existent collection of the One Piece volumes.:hope:

You are right.

We do realize it since post time skip.
But if oda gave Zoro invovlvement + Feats.... he will just be another Killua or Vegeta or Sasuke. Which oda doesn't want , since post time skip , it's more luffy centric and less SH centric.

You are right.

That's either cope because Zoro doesn't get anything plot relevant or these guys are stupid meatheads whose attention span is to short to process a plot

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
You are right.

Actually, there are two reasons.

First, now everything is about luffy. Others have taken a back seat when it comes to the plot.

Second, oda is going with Zoro's role. His role has always been to fight and that's what oda only cares about. But at the same time oda doesn't wanna clown him either so he keeps him sideline as well.

Just take egghead....Nika BS throughout the arc...and, when others were getting rekt by Saturn, Zoro was the only one kept away.

His fight with Lucci is nothing much but oda's way to keep him away from Saturn and kiz for time being.

Heck, all this weez was deliberately done by oda - because he needs to show that lucci has stalled zoro and fight is going for half n hour but at the same time he made zoro used 2 swords with no koh or adcoc to make it clear where zoro stands

I dont think that's the case because other Strawhats are getting the same treatment and they dont get epic feats.
Oda simply has unhealthy obsession with making every plotline and every character revolve around Luffy.
That's why nobody else gets anything, not even those with grudges who live for one and only purpose, like Law...
Even that gets stolen by Luffy. The man is remembering Yasu on rooftop instead of Zoro... That's all we needed to know.
I do not care about other characters tho.
But you are right, it seems that nothing can happen in the story without Luffy involvement which is detrimental to the others characters.
The Strawhats seems to have become a nuisance to Oda.

But all that does not stop the Zoro fans to not be good with it. I mean, we should have higher expectations for Zoro and held Oda to higher standard concerning his writing of the character.

It is not a good excuse. I mean, a character popularity should not affect his writing. The writing should make sense and respect the character.
Which is not the case since the return of the timeskip.

There several ways to make Zoro part of the bigger plot while making him not meet the big bad.

Actually, there are two reasons.

First, now everything is about luffy. Others have taken a back seat when it comes to the plot.

Second, oda is going with Zoro's role. His role has always been to fight and that's what oda only cares about. But at the same time oda doesn't wanna clown him either so he keeps him sideline as well.

Just take egghead....Nika BS throughout the arc...and, when others were getting rekt by Saturn, Zoro was the only one kept away.

His fight with Lucci is nothing much but oda's way to keep him away from Saturn and kiz for time being.

Heck, all this weez was deliberately done by oda - because he needs to show that lucci has stalled zoro and fight is going for half n hour but at the same time he made zoro used 2 swords with no koh or adcoc to make it clear where zoro stands
My issue is that there are clever ways to sidelines Zoro. Furthermore Zoro could be sideline while being impactful on the plot.

For example, rather than have Zoro fight Lucci (which add nothing to the plot or the characters -I hope I’m wrong tho…-):
-make Zoro uses his leadership to help the Strawhats establish an escape plan
-make Zoro help Franky seek informations about vegapunk’s work that could help enhance the Sunny (which could lead to a good character moment between the two)
-make Zoro seeks informations about the black blade/sword grades in Vegapunk documents.

One of this or three at once, I don’t know but make the character’s actions move the plot forward or, at least, makes him have impactful and meaningful interactions with the world around him.

Last edited:
I mean that's also right, 4/5 of the strawhats have been done dirty by Oda since ages.
However, I think is fair to expect a different treatment for the supposed second most important and undisputedly the second most popular character of the series...

My issue is that there are clever ways to sidelines Zoro. Furthermore Zoro could be sideline while being impactful on the plot.

For example, rather than have Zoro fight Lucci (which add nothing to the plot or the characters -I hope I’m wrong tho…-):
-make Zoro uses his leadership to help the Strawhats establish an escape plan
-make Zoro help Franky seek informations about vegapunk’s work that could help enhance the Sunny (which could lead to a good character moment between the two)
-make Zoro seeks informations about the black blade/sword grades in Vegapunk documents.

One of this or three at once, I don’t know but make the character’s actions move the plot forward or, at least, makes him have impactful and meaningful interactions with the world around him.
Exactly! Exactly that. There are several ways to keep Zoro outside of the main plot while not making him look like a total foreign body to your story.
I would have 100 times rather have him not fighting anyone but staying with the strawhats and figure out together an escape plan.
OR Oda could've simply made him fight Lucci without fuking flying out of the window to separate Zoro from the others. Staying near Nami and Usopp could mean a different, more dynamic and with higher stakes fight than what was Lucci vs Luffy. Lucci trying to attack the weaker Nami and Usopp would have resulted into a more difficult fight than the former because Zoro wouldn't just have to beat Lucci but doing so while protecting the two (but clearly Oda did not care of making it an interesting fight, he just needed a place where to put Zoro so that he could focus on the main story, a story that does not include Zoro). It really feels like Oda has become allergic to Zoro staying near other any role characters that aren't his very own opponent and having any kind of meaningful interaction with them, he has to fight alone for some reason, in a different chamber separated from the rest of the story in space and time.

Last edited: