The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

The joy when Aounuma appeared

The despair when he said no new info on BotW2

The shoulder shrug when he announced a remake of a game I replayed about two months ago

Ah well. Unleash the HD Groose, I suppose. Don’t see myself picking this one up. I have very mixed feelings on Skyward Sword. Love the story, the characters, the dungeons, the sky... but really dislike the theme park like overworlds. Should get a lot of QoL improvements- removal of the stupid item glitch.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
A Skyward Sword remake ay? I only beat that game once so it might be a good idea to pick it up again lol. Not my favorite Zelda for sure but it had an amazing soundtrack and nice atmosphere.

They can take their sweet ass time with BotW2. BotW was so good that I could play through it for a third time and still probably not be bored of it. Lol

I remember I was scared as hell when I saw those dragons for the 1st time in botw, turns out they don't do much lol
I was hyped af at seeing a fire eastern dragon in the trailer but when I actually played the game... well, the disappointment was immeasurable lol.
BotW really needed proper dungeons, enemies and bosses but at least there's the possibility the sequel will deliver it this time.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Whether it's an eastern or western dragon, I hope the sequel allows us to fight a freaking dragon as a dungeon boss.
The dragon bosses are so effing epic in Zelda games.

Btw, a completely new Gleeok version wouldn't be bad either:

They need to make BotW2 a spiritual successor to Majora’s mask so that we can play as Dragons and Lynels
:kata:

They need to make BotW2 a spiritual successor to Majora’s mask so that we can play as Dragons and Lynels
:kata:
:cheers:

Honestly, looking at the possibility that Link will get the power of the green hand, which sealed Ganondorf, I think Link will be able to transform one of his arms into several forms of weapons and well-known items.

There are some interesting concept arts which were ultimately cut from BotW due to some reasons:

With the green hand as the main ability, these ideas are possible.

The greatest trailer of all time. It gave me goosebumps on multiple levels and I will never forget the time when I first played botw.
My favourite Zelda game followed by TP
Definitely my most favourite trailer which is on par with Twilight Princess' reveal trailer.
Let's see what kind of trailer we'll get in the upcoming E3, if we see any trailers at the end lol.

Great Dungeons,great World and good Plot.I liked the Idea of "you can start and continue with the dungeons you want,there is no order".It gives you freedom
Well, tbh, I like a certain linearity when it comes to dungeons.
For example:

The "3 starter dungeons" in which you have a goal to collect something in order to continue with the plot.
The first dungeon should be finished first, afterwards the 2 other dungeons can be visited at choice.

After that, after the plot has advanced quite a bit, the following 3-5 dungeons can be freely visited at choice.

Don't get me wrong: I totally like the overworld freedom of BotW but if you want to see a very good story and plot, I think there has to be a certain kind of linearity. When I directly went at Calamity Ganon to beat his ass - without going to Impa or doing the Divine Beasts at all - I felt like this made all subplots obsolete.

What kind of new antagonists would you like to see in The Legend of Zelda other than Ganondorf ?
Vaati, Agahnim and Ghirahim.
I wouldn't miss Demise since Ganondorf is basically Demise. The latter was just important to tell the origin of the master sword and the cause of Ganondorf's power, hatred and the eternal circle of reincarnation.