Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters
Sanji fighting a Gorosei or not is very dependent on what is needed to bypass their immortality.
If CoC is needed, then RIP the matchup.
or he unlocks it, but don't count on me for this one.
Think that's a non-factor tbh, if the SHs fight Imu at any point in the series, Sanji will fight a Gorosei simply bcoz they are his top commanders. So called Rooftop 5 did not require Luffy's Haki training to seemingly damage Kaido for example, neither did the scabbards. So I don't think the immortality matters as much. If Oda needs to give Sanji CoC to make it work he will.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Think that's a non-factor tbh, if the SHs fight Imu at any point in the series, Sanji will fight a Gorosei simply bcoz they are his top commanders. So called Rooftop 5 did not require Luffy's Haki training to seemingly damage Kaido for example, neither did the scabbards. So I don't think the immortality matters as much. If Oda needs to give Sanji CoC to make it work he will.
Stop comparing to rooftop5.
that's not a thing
Post automatically merged:

Sanji didnt solo a enel priest.
Sanji didnt defeat any Doffy commander.

There ARE instances where Sanji DOESN'T fight a "top commander".
It's 50/50.
Sanji most likely matchups are a BBP and ,somewhat, Greenbull. Anything other than that is just a guessing game.
Sanji is Wing of PIRATE KING, not Wing of Nika.
On the fights where luffy is treated as a pirate, against Teach and Akainu, it's one narrative.
When luffy is the second coming of literal freakazoid jesus, that's something else.

Last edited:
Stop comparing to rooftop5.
that's not a thing
I get the sentiment hence why I said "so called" 🫂.
Reason I brought it up tho, is to use it as a rebuttal to the CoC/immortality thing you brought up.
Gorosei just like Kaido did, have seemingly unstoppable hax and in Kaido's case, Luffy improved his Armament in order to get through Kaido's defense. However that level of armament wasn't ultimately required in order to damage Kaido.

Ok but he was involved in a fight with one of them and landed him the finishing blow

Which is irrelevant because he needed to leave the arc to do more relevant stuff like being the captain for a moment, and besides he got praised by Doflamingo himself in a short clash in a situation where no one would come out at the top in comparison to Doffy at that moment, including Luffy, and he showed he also could tangle with Vergo in the previous arc, who was portrayed as someone above the rest of the Donquixote Family.

Im not saying u are wrong, i just wanted to add more to what you said because its clearly not that simple, there are other ways of Sanji doing stuff that don't necessarily rely on a fleshed out 1 vs 1
:myman:

There ARE instances where Sanji DOESN'T fight a "top commander".
It's 50/50.
Sanji most likely matchups are a BBP and ,somewhat, Greenbull. Anything other than that is just a guessing game.
Sanji is Wing of PIRATE KING, not Wing of Nika.
On the fights where luffy is treated as a pirate, against Teach and Akainu, it's one narrative.
When luffy is the second coming of literal freakazoid jesus, that's something else.
There are more cases for than against to support my point (i.e. Alabasta, Arlong Park, Thriller Back, Enies Lobby, Wano) and even in the cases that you pointed out there are obvious reasons why that wasn't the case, half of the SHs weren't present on Dressrosa and Sanji was delegated with the role of leading the ones that weren't and Skypiea wasn't really your typical main one piece arc ,it was more of a side quest and these kinda arcs Sanji doesn't always get a 1 v 1. Except you believe that half the SHs will be missing when they go against Imu and the WG and that it won't really be a main arc but a side quest/mini-arc, there is no reason to believe that Sanji will not be fighting a Gorosei.

With regards to Nika, Luffy was treated as the second coming of Joyboy a.k.a Nika on Wano and Sanji still fought Queen.

Doggo

Ok but he was involved in a fight with one of them and landed him the finishing blow
I literally said he didnt S-O-L-O one. :nicagesmile:
Which is irrelevant because he needed to leave the arc to do more relevant stuff like being the captain for a moment,
Dude, it wasn't "irrelevant". Dressrosa was the ALABASTA of the Post-TS and imagine if Sanji didnt fight Mr2 in order to disarm the bomb while the revo vivi friend fought Mr2 instead.
Dressrosa gave us a shit ton of "grand fleet" scrubs and even they got fights. We had a random fucker with kicking based fight destroying Pica's mountain hand. Sanji still haven't had a shown on this scale. Pray for Pizarro, for I won't.
I would love for Sanji to fight a Gorosei, but there's nothing that guarantees it.
Sanji doesn't always get fights on major arcs.
So don't get mad later if it doesn't happen.

Still, Sanji vs Birdie is the way.
:blobdj:

Doggo

Cry loser a Coc user has never lost to a non coc user
Didnt Chinjao got rekt by Lao G and then Sai had to defeat him?
Didnt Luffy lose to Magellan?
Didnt Big Mom lose to Law?
etc

With regards to Nika, Luffy was treated as the second coming of Joyboy a.k.a Nika on Wano and Sanji still fought Queen.
Nope.
The fight against Kaido was, first and foremost, Luffy's path towards Pirate King. He had to take down his first Yonko.
It was Pirate Luffy still.
Against Imu? That's Nika territory.
Yonkos were always an obstacle.
Imu wasn't a thing until maybe 100 chapters ago.
So much that Wano was when Oda decided to use the "wings of the pirate king" term for Zoro and Sanji.

Last edited:
etc

Nope.
The fight against Kaido was, first and foremost, Luffy's path towards Pirate King. He had to take down his first Yonko.
So much that Wano was when Oda decided to use the "wings of the pirate king" term for Zoro and Sanji.
Two tings can be true at the same time. What ultimately defeated Kaido wasn't Strawhat Luffy but god Nika (a.k.a Joyboy) and imo they are one and the same but we can agree to disagree. Regardless of whether it is god Nika or Luffy the Pirate, his two most dependable allies are Zoro and Sanji hence why Oda coined the terms "Wings of the Pirate King" imo. Imu is very much looking like the big bad of the series (i.e. the ultimate villain) and as has always been the case in monumental battles like this, Zoro and Sanji will be at the very fore-front fighting alongside Luffy and imo it is preposterous to me to think some else will take up their place during the final war in the series but again, we can disagree on this 🫂

Lowkey reminds me of when folks were going on about Sanji taking the backseat to the Supernova on Wano, saying he'd fight a Tobi Roppo :sanjimeh: Even with the lot of the Supernova gathered Sanji still fought against Kaido's second strongest subordinate.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
etc

Nope.
Chinjao wasn't at 100 and sai will likely have coc himself

Luffy hadn't unlocked coc properly

And law didnt beat big mom for shit

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Blackbeard having it is unconfirmed right now. And if he does that means a CoC user lost to Magellan another non CoC user.

Luffy lost to Caesar after he learned to use CoC.
In both cases, BB and Luffy were taken by the element of surprise.

Both in the same arc then end up destroying them.

If we start taking such incidents into account then what's the point of whole PL arguments

In both cases, BB and Luffy were taken by the element of surprise.

Both in the same arc then end up destroying them.

If we start taking such incidents into account then what's the point of whole PL arguments
They still lost the fight and Blackbeard never defeated Magellan; the entire crew jumped him.

And all this is dependent on the theory that Blackbeard has been holding back his CoC all these years and for some reason never used it.