Status
Not open for further replies.
Then nerf towns protective abilities to balance it out, it just feels shitty for town to be punished for doing the one thing they can to solve the game, sharing information.
@Ratchet Im not saying your design philosophy is wrong Its just different from mine so Im trying to understand it better ^^
You either need measures to punish claiming or restrict flavour claiming i think. Otherwise town can easily win by flavour claiming.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
@Blue

would i have been first on the kaguya date too? with 4 points. if i was not modremoved?
The item was for you to be immune to Kaguya's first action on you.

Since Kaguya was dead I simply didn't give the item.

First prize is an ability and not a passive so it was ok to give.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
β€Ž
What was up with the Joy thing?
I can talk about it now I guess, actually.

@Joygirl -
So, I'll preface this by saying Joygirl's conduct in this game was rather poor. Every single thing that happened she would find a way to complain about, that it was unfair or whatever. And so it goes. You all saw the complaints around the shop mechanic, which was but the tip of the iceberg really. In terms of her role, she had the ability to commute herself from the game, and then re-enter. During the day, this would resolve instantly, but at night, if she re-entered the game it would resolve at the end, so that would be her action for the night. This is typical for day/night actions.

During the day she decided to get herself modkilled, Joy *willfully* chose to use the ability to commute herself from the game. She had the option to come back. However, Joygirl hadn't read the start of day post properly, because she was unaware that the day was longer. Of course, that wasn't her fault, that was our fault, despite it being listed quite clearly. Apparently we needed to come up with a way to make her read it, or something. Now, it's important to note that throughout all of this, Joygirl had the option of returning to the game through her ability. She then complained that she might get lynched because she won't be able to talk for a while, which was our fault for having a longer day phase, and not hers for not reading properly. I'd understand somewhat if it was just decided mid-day phase, but it wasn't, from the start of the day it was stated this day would be longer. Not only this, Joygirl was under no real threat of being lynched, and if she ever was, she could come back into the game and continue posting. She was equipped with the tools here.

Instead of using her ability, Joygirl asked to be modkilled. Obviously we didn't just do so, and before we even had a chance to find a replacement, she posted in the thread knowing that doing so worked against her role. Therefore she had to be modkilled. I told Ali that not showing her role would be the best here, because that's fairly typical for modkills and moreover I wanted to avoid the precedent of players being able to modkill themselves to get someone else lynched or clear their slot up given that could have consequences down the line. After she was modkilled, Joygirl continued posting in the thread, and then posted her whole role - copy and pasted, because she didn't want it hidden.

All of this, in my view, is entirely unacceptable. It goes against the spirit of the game, it spits in the face of the hosts and at every opportunity she took the wrong option instead of just stepping away and cooling her head, until it became untenable. What's even more ridiculous is that she had the tools to avoid all of what she was complaining about here, she chose to modkill herself instead of using them.

Her behaviour towards Kagura is also unacceptable. As I was the host here, I can't really rule as a Coach because something something conflict of interest, but I don't see why she shouldn't get at least a one-game ban, if not for longer. This kind of behaviour is not what people want to see here, it's not fun to play with, and it's not acceptable. Not that it will matter much now I guess, but she won't be welcome in any game I host for the forseeable future, regardless of where I host it.

Emil

Certified Memelord
β€Ž
@Ratchet @Blue do u guys feel that u were a bit more lenient and favorable to WQ here?

my kill on @Juliet was supposed to work at start of day according to ratchet, and i see no reason why i cannot amp a night kill to make it work during the day

essentially i should be able to kill bonni, although that kills me too due to her arondeight. so me and bonni die during the day

and then my kill works on juliet. and then @Fujishiro clears @Charlie from being WQ

this makes town lynches kagura

ali and ratchet do u guys not think this was modified too much into WQ favor?

in fact the amp not going to me is what allowed @Fujishiro and @MitchMatch to leave the game too

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
Regarding the anticlaim.

I played TOS a few times and really disliked the claiming stuff. Made the game boring and easily won by Town.

So I think it was balanced enough.

Charlie and Pero survived and claimed very early

@Ratchet @Blue do u guys feel that u were a bit more lenient and favorable to WQ here?

my kill on @Juliet was supposed to work at start of day according to ratchet, and i see no reason why i cannot amp a night kill to make it work during the day

essentially i should be able to kill bonni, although that kills me too due to her arondeight. so me and bonni die during the day

and then my kill works on juliet. and then @Fujishiro clears @Charlie from being WQ

in fact the amp not going to me is what allowed @Fujishiro and @MitchMatch to leave the game too
Sorry for tinfoiling on you too.

Ratchet

β€Ž
Modkills this game were weak tbh, especially the ekko one like wtf lol
The Ekko one was pretty botched, but not much we could do. He asked to be replaced, we couldn't really sub anyone in that late into the game, we couldn't really use a dead player, so out of mercy really he was game removed. Later that day Ekko came back saying he can play, so it worked out for the best. It just meant he had a night where he did no actions.

Ratchet

β€Ž
@Ratchet was the ability i won a trap from scum?
No, it was there basically to kill Shidou. The image was that posted was the Kaballah Tree of Life, and the node that Kurumi corresponds to on that image is Understanding. It being Kurumi, you *could* feasibly suspect something with it, but it was designed to work against the town a bit, yes.

Peroroncino

πŸ…·πŸ…°πŸ…»πŸ…° πŸ…ΌπŸ…°πŸ…³πŸ†πŸ…ΈπŸ…³
β€Ž

did you get my amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.