News Volume 97 coming on September 2020

D: Oda, I heard that a few months ago it was discovered that Page One's fruit model, the Spinosaur, actually swam in the ocean! I'm telling you this now, so you can-- wait, what!?!? You had already fixed it on chapter 983 to a tail with fins!?! Oh, c'mon! When I finally had some news to give... (P.N.: Yuchabin)

O: Oh, so you noticed it? Indeed, since Page One's introduction, they found a fossil part that is thought to be from a Spinosaur. And that changes his bone structure! I was caught in a bit of a pinch, but I thought I could sneakly change it and no one would notice, lol. Paleontology is making new discoveries every day!
:milaugh:

Omfg. Did he really bother with that just because it’s a new discovery? His attention to detail fascinates me <3
Yikes....does that....mean.....Sanji dead theory coming true:whitepress:
Nah, Ace IS dead and he drew him anyway to torture us. :catcry:

I think he probably didn’t decide on the design or doesn’t wanna reveal it.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Omfg. Did he really bother with that just because it’s a new discovery? His attention to detail fascinates me <3

Iirc he was asked to draw what ace WOULD have looked like
Hes just straight up avoiding old sanji for some reason.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Yeah. I noticed in the chapter with Ulti when Page1’s tail had that new design. For all my criticism of his dino designs, that one wasn’t too bad

So OP ends in 5 years according to this translation:

I responded to you in the other thread, but like I said there, we should get a more experienced translators input here. No offense to Artur, he's just fairly new (which he has admitted) and this interpretation is entirely different from other translator's views.

Again, from Oda's own writing, finding One Piece is what is supposed to LEAD to the war, not vice versa. This has been explicitly stated by Whitebeard and Roger. Finding out what One Piece is and then subsequently just "ending" the manga quite literally does not make any sense.

Anyone find another translation of the 5 year question?
Found it on reddit

A fan asked if the manga is really ending in 5 years to which Oda answered-

"Yes. But rather than saying serialization ends, I would say it’s over because the most interesting part of Luffy’s adventure, the story of what is One Piece exactly? is done at that point.

Right now Wano arc is heating, but if Luffy is to leave there safe and sound, it’ll lead to a worldly development , an exciting story no one has ever read, I’ll be drawing the “Biggest War” of OP history.

It’ll be very interesting!! And so, I made the announcement to notify the readers and make them realize that “this long story is actually heading towards its end."

But, right now you should be enjoying the exciting Wano country arc. I’ll draw it with all I’ve got!!