• Entry 11

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Entry 12

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the scum vs scum was a bit too much this game.

Tentei (SK) outed himself, then outed Fuji/Apollo.
Apollo outed Muugen.
Nessos was outed by the Archangel and we also pushed him because we knew he was Raiden.
Watson was killed by her own team.
Pot and Adam and Mich were killed by Town, but Mich was revived.
Dest was killed by our team. And he was pushed by Ultra, the second SK.
Ultra was killed by us.

So ultimately Town only really caught Pot and Adam and Mich without scum vs scum shenanigans. I think a lot of things would have been different had we played for the merger which I figured out we could do because there was a Contract item in our Mafia exclusive shop. Though team didn‘t want this, so we let it be lol.
Someone really hasn’t been paying attention to the game if you honestly believe town didn’t catch scum lmao. You were afk most of the game and didn’t do shit nor read.

Fuji was being pushed hard by town which made Tentei to cop his him, Apollo hopped in and didn’t help the situation and town capitalised. Same thing for muugen, there was a case on him why he was scum.

Nessos super kill you guys sent at me was redirected at him before the archangel information came out. I had to lock on my target early during the DP. Guess why? Cause he was obvious scum.

Town was playing a solid game and were lynching scum phase after phase. What did you guys do? 4 of your team was basically afk. You subbed out and crumbled like wet tissues when pressured. Yet you have the audacity to come here and diminish town and say they didn’t catch scum but 3 players?? That’s such load of horse bullshit. You won cause the time ran out and we couldn’t lynch all mafia and you guys were super killing left and right. Which granted you to the win. Which congrats for it, but don’t come here and diminish town and say they didn’t deserved to win to validate the idea that “we deserve to win” in your head. Disgusting behaviour.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Someone really hasn’t been paying attention to the game if you honestly believe town didn’t catch scum lmao. You were afk most of the game and didn’t do shit nor read.

Fuji was being pushed hard by town which made Tentei to cop his him, Apollo hopped in and didn’t help the situation and town capitalised. Same thing for muugen, there was a case on him why he was scum.

Nessos super kill you guys sent at me was redirected at him before the archangel information came out. I had to lock on my target early during the DP. Guess why? Cause he was obvious scum.

Town was playing a solid game and were lynching scum phase after phase. What did you guys do? 4 of your team was basically afk. You subbed out and crumbled like wet tissues when pressured. Yet you have the audacity to come here and diminish town and say they didn’t catch scum but 3 players?? That’s such load of horse bullshit. You won cause the time ran out and we couldn’t lynch all mafia and you guys were super killing left and right. Which granted you to the win. Which congrats for it, but don’t come here and diminish town and say they didn’t deserved to win to validate the idea that “we deserve to win” in your head. Disgusting behaviour.
You and Ekko have lots to discuss I see. @Ekkologix are you going to be telling Soul what you were telling us yesterday? I'll hazard a guess and say you won't.

You and Ekko have lots to discuss I see. @Ekkologix are you going to be telling Soul what you were telling us yesterday? I'll hazard a guess and say you won't.
Ekko need to chill as well, he won. Take the W with grace and move on. This unnecessary victim behaviour despite winning brings awful taste to my mouth. Since town can mention shit ton of reasons on why their win feels undeserved but you don’t see us complaining now are we? Not sure how a team can win and yet complain the most, and diminish town solid gameplay to validate something which is not true in their head and make themselves feel better. (flower and ekko ).

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎵 ✨✨✨
I actually think it's pretty funny you usually get gendered as a Man by default, and I tend to get gendered as a Girl more often than not. I guess it's the typing style?
You and your waifu bro Blue are two people who's always female at first thought but then I correct myself xD

There are several posts where I type "she" then change it to "he" .... lol

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎵 ✨✨✨
I couldn't help but notice how most of Ekko's problems are revolving how I got saved from lynch two times and super modified at right moment to kill Michelle.....

I couldn't help but notice how most of Ekko's problems are revolving how I got saved from lynch two times and super modified at right moment to kill Michelle.....
There's more to it, but we should drop this subject now. Ekko can take this to PMs/Discord if he wants to continue, but there is no need to bring this drama here. Let's all just move on now.

Endgame Notes #2

Rej

Year of the black beard!
The Setup explained and what we did...
Hiho guys, some of you guys are maybe curious about the mechanics in this game, the events. I also have some thoughts to share overall.

First of all: The Waves!
This was one of the things I always wanted to host in the past 1.5 years and I decided to manifest it in Weebs. The idea was to have every player thrown into a big co-op battle against a mechanic. Ofcourse in order to make the biggest profit out of this game mechanic, every player was forced to coordinate it, be it with allies or foes.
I was a bit sad to see that alot of people decided to just ignore it for 3 cycles and not try to play it, as it was designed to. Each role had a bunch of "Arsenal" abilities, where I can safely say, that 90% of all Arsenal Abilities used on players did like nothing to the players and were blindshots.
Through using those "weaker" abilities on waves, players should be able to farm ressources throughout the game. This was even advised through the OP posts.
I always planned out a repercussion for 3 unsucceeded waves through 3 cycles, but the global repercussion I had in mind would have broken the game brutally. I had in mind to have everyone get drained 10.000 gold at cycle start until 3 cycles have been succeeded. Had I implemented this punishment then I could have also closed the store and skip the game forward as it would have slowed down by a huge margin. I came up with the new punishment method on the fly, in order to slow the game down less for a while, in order to give us a breather and in order to push players into actually playing the game mechanic, in which I have to say, it succeeded and it was totally balanced.
Outside of that I had to create other stuff on the fly, like the Vassal Weapons that were totally no created during game start, I had to literally to finish some aspects of the game during C0/C1/C2, which gave me some playing room anyway. I hope that people understand that improvisation and sometimes rushed work, as calculative as it is, are essential parts of hosting. Only a good host can master this aspects.

The Weapons!
I am overall proud with the weapons, even when some weapons haven't been utilized. The main 4 weapons played out their purpose and it was great to see it.
Here are the weapons in overview;
The Heroes' Weapons:

[The Legendary Shield] - The weapon belonging to the Shield Hero himself.
-----[passive] - The owner of the Shield can only be plurality lynched.
-----[passive] - You and your benign visitors are protected during that phase. [1 cycle cooldown]
-----[active] -
You can fully occupy a protective wave. [1 cycle cooldown]
Obtained:
Get lynched during D0.
Take Condition: Must have been a main wagon, this or past dayphase.

[The Legendary Sword] - The weapon belonging to the Sword Hero.
-----[passive] - Your Arsenal abilities have a Super modifier.
-----[active] - Wound a player. [1 cycle cooldown]
-----[active] -
You can fully occupy a preventative wave. [1 cycle cooldown]
Obtained:
Start the secondary main wagon during D0.
Take Condition: Must have been on the secondary main wagon this or past dayphase.

[The Legendary Spear] - The weapon belonging to the Spear Hero.
-----[passive] - There is a 50% chance that you toss a targets Arsenal ability.
-----[active] - Super Rolecrush a target for the remainder of the cycle. If they are already rolecrushed, kill them. [2 cycles cooldown]
-----[active] -
You can fully occupy a destructive wave. [4-shots]
Obtained:
Start the primary main wagon during D0.
Take Condition: Must have been on the primary main wagon this or past dayphase.

[The Legendary Bow] - The weapon belonging to the Bow Hero.
-----[passive] - You dont appear in the action write ups.
-----[active] - Pick a [???] in an action write up and make it show the target.
-----[active] - You can fully occupy an investigative Wave. [1 cycle cooldown]
Obtained:
Must have been on neither of the top 3 wagons D0.
Take Condition: Must have been on neither of the top 3 wagons this or past dayphase.

[The Vassal Boat] - The weapon belonging to the Boat Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You can't be busdriven/rotated.
-----[active] - Busdrive/rotate 3 players this phase. Or fully occupy a manipulative wave instead. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
A mafia driven wagon lynches a townie. Given to a random mafiosi on said wagon. [Hidden][Exclusive]

[The Vassal Fan] - The weapon belonging to the Fan Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You are immune to tossing.
-----[active] - Toss a random ability from your target. Or fully occupy a creative wave instead. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
By killing or lynching the current holder of the Vassal Fan.

[The Vassal Katana] - The weapon belonging to the Katana Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - Protective abilities used on you have super modifiers.
-----[active] - Wound your target if they used a harmful action that phase. Or fully occupy a destructive wave instead. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
By killing or lynching the current holder of the Vassal Katana.

[The Vassal Sewing Set] - The weapon belonging to the Sewing Set Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You are immune to poison.
-----[active] - Pick a player and reattach all tossed abilities from their role, if still available and refill a shot of any ability at random or speed up the cooldown of an ability at random by a cycle, depending on what kind of ability has been randomized. Alternatively: Fully occcupy a creative wave instead. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
Surviving the poison effect. [Hidden][Exclusive]

[The Vassal Mirror] - The weapon belonging to the Mirror Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You have omni modifiers.
-----[active] - Pick a player and make their visitors visit themselves instead for the phase. Alternatively: Fully occupy a protective wave. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
Get revived. [Hidden][Exclusive]

[The Vassal Music Instrument] - The weapon belonging to the Music Instrument Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You can post during the night alongside a random player you've voted with this DP.
-----[active] - Pick up to 4 players and allow them to post during the upcomming night. Alternatively: Fully occupy a communicative wave. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
Become top poster. [After D3][Exclusive]

[The Gauntlet Vassal Weapon] - The weapon belonging to the Gauntlet Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - Write ups in which you appear, can't be modified.
-----[active] - Pick an action write up and wound the player who performed this action. Alternatively: Fully occupy an investigative wave. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
After 4 mafia members have fallen, given to the last remaining mafia member. [Hidden][Exclusive]
Economy and Store:
I think alot of potential has been wasted here, and I will tackle it when comming to gambles.
Overall the economy in this game in conjuction to the waves was pretty on point and balanced. Orbs, Darts and other items fulfilled their purpose, they were contested more or less and caused alot of gameplay over several cycles. I wish it has been used a bit more, as you might guessed, shit was accessable as early as cycle 2 when playing waves during cycle 1.
With that I was disappointed in the interest fund mechanic, for once from side, because I think the 222k were just pitched too high. With 30~ish players I expected at some point maybe everyone to spend 10k for reaching the next stage, but somehow I calculated everything wrong. I did not expect people to be so apathetic towards game mechanics. Overall we decided to fix it on the run, those decisions were made around C3, when I noticed that the current setups with waves would break the economy and literally make the second stage UNLOCKABLE for the game.
We agreed that a fun game needs progression, especially if it is so themeful and full of mechanics. What you guys don't know is something you guys can just guess if it's in reach. So in order to unlock the second stage I decided to have dead people's money just drip into the pool, aswell as make the rest fill up through winning over waves during the "apocalypse". If I wouldn't have done this, then the entire second half of the game would have been unlocked, and also WUs would dry out and the game would end up being more monotone.
In the end I was happy to see people appreciating the waves later on and playing more towards it. Ngl, I know this was kind of a bastardization and improvisation, but it overall was in interest of gameflow, gamebalance and overall in interest of gamelore.
Hotfixing stuff is just a general progress in games, and I hope you guys can understand that. If errors occur in your MMORPG, then you can also expect sometimes a hotfix occur during the next server save or so. I think something similair just can be fair for mafia games, as an experienced host, who strives for balance, will detect issues, will exchange with players and then act to patch up the game and make it healthier. The second stage was supposed anyway to unlock at any point, be it C2, or C6 or anything inbetween. I don't wanna hear complaints about how it fucked up the timing of certain players and their planning ahead, because there was no way for players to track the correct fund count. So this has to have be something that you guys had to factor in, into making safe plays and planning ahead into the future.
I will leave it as it is, and generally speaking I will be better in future when creating economys. And I am pretty sure I will nail them even better, and make it more appealing for the players.

Gambles:
No gambling occured. I will simply blame it on me for not making the games appealing, or the whole proccess too complicated. Idk if you guys have any better suggestions to make. I wanted a solo game for plays, the lynching one, which could be coordinated by mafia teams or neighbourhood chats in order to maximize the profits.
I wanted a team gamble, but maybe having 10 players for the earlier stages was a bit too much? It had the cheapest entrance free and was affordable to EVERYONE. EVERYONE.
The third game was meant to be a small FFA game for a small amount of players, so it can still be played in the endgame, as thus it was also more expensive to pay in. It was even able to loop money, when 3 people from the same team or chat sign up for it and rig it so a certain player gets funneled with money. Shit like that has been possible all the time, but hasn't been considered a single time.
Really sad that you guys didnt like those mechanics.
On the other hand the pot has been quite fun, you guys almost triggered the second threshhold endgame.
Pot o'Greed
Thresholds:[Redacted]
10 - All wagonized players from wagons that added to the points, receive 10.000 gold.
30 - The last voter tosses their Arsenal once this is reached.
50 - Every player receives 10.000 gold.
70 - The last 3 wagonized players will receive a Gladiator one-shot which is fleeting until the next cycle ends.
100 - Every player receives a one-shot Take.
150 - Every player loses 50.000
222 - Every player receives 150.000
~Interest factor: 100%

Dummys:
As said previously, this has been created to have the game have just more than "32" players. Weebs was always a big game where 50 players played at its peak, 50 roles were in the game with hidden and special mechanics, with events. In order to compensate for this low player number I decided to implement dummys, which then were additional roles that were botted.
This has clearly been announced beforehand, during the sign up stage of the game. Not factoring them in and calling it all "rng" is on you.
You knew throughout the whole game that there were non-player roles playing and doing stuff.
I think this is a fun mechanic and, because it has been announced since the sign up stage, it is by far the least bastardly special mechanic in the whole game. Those roles made the game just so much more exciting.
The game started with 10 Dummys, so you guys were actually 42 players. Through losing to the waves, more Dummys (evil ones) joined the game.
Here the list on the Dummys, that were there from the start:
Yumeko Jabami
Harmful
[Gamberu] - At the start of the night, Yumeko will challenge the first player, who won something this cycle, to 3 RPS.
If Yumeko wins, she will obtain the earnings of said player, if she loses then said player will receive 100% extra!
[Honourable Loser] - If she ever gets killed, then Yumeko will toss all the earnings she gained from [Gamberu].
Yumeko will also flip a coin. If she wins, then her killer will also be superkilled.

Mary Saotome
Benign
[Gamble Away] - At the start of the night, Mary will protect the first one to take a gamble that night. (Or the first one who signed up)
If a player dies, then Mary will get a point, at 5 points, she will lose this ability.
[All-In] - If she ever gets killed, then Mary will toss a copy of each of her targets role passive.

Kirari Momobami
Harmful
[Chairman] - Each day, Kirari will target a random player in the Upper Six and challenge them to 3 RPS.
If they lose, then they will get rolecrushed until the end of the cycle.
[Murderous Gamble] - If she ever gets killed, then Kirari will start rigging kills. Redirecting every second kill to the player following up next in the playerlist. [3-shots]

Midari Ikishima
Benign
[Beautification] - Whenever an innocent driven wagon lynches an innocent player: Gain a point. At 3 points revive the first fallen innocent player.
[Adios] - After reviving 2 players: Midari will gamble away her life. She gets killed.

Runa Yomozuki
Neutral
[Absolute Neutrality] - At the start of the game everyone will be asked, whether they wanna sign for Absolute Neutrality or not.
Those who signed yes will lose their vote for a dayphase if they rig a game. No signer will get investigated by Runa if they rig a game.
[Referee] - Whenever a game gets rigged, Runa will note a point. At 3 points she will roleblock everyone who rigged a game, within the last 3 games, for a cycle.
[Score] - Upon her death, Runa will reveal a score showing how many innocent and guilties she has found with [Absolute Neutrality].

Raphtalia
Harmful
[The Shield's Sword] - Raphtalia will automatically Bodyguard the current Shield Hero. She can never be protected in return. [1 cycle cooldown]
[The Katana Vassal Weapon] -
Upon Raphtalia's death, she will toss the Katana Vassal Weapon.

Filo
Benign
[Filolial Egg] - Filo starts off as a Filolial Egg. A random player will start with it and they will have the option to care for it or pass it to another random player.
Caring means, you abstain with actions for that cycle. Passing it on means, you will use actions that cycle and not care for the egg.
Once 3 people cared for the egg: Filo will be born!
[Filolial Queen] - Filo is Super Protecting everyone who took care of her! Once she successfully protected someone, she dies.

Slave Trader
Harmful
[Slave Collection] - The Slave Trader will collect anything that comes under his nails. The first three tossed role abilities in the game will be collected by him.
[Fair Price] - The Slave Trader will toss the collected abilities once he dies. Taking those abilities tho will cost the players whole balance. [Redacted]

Glass
Benign
[Rondo] - Glass randomly attacks a player who visitted a wielder of a Cardinal or Vassal Weapon with a non benign or questionable ability. She wounds her target.
[The Fan Vassal Weapon] - Upon Glass's death, she will toss the Fan Vassal Weapon.

Ost Horai
Neutral
[Soul Harvest] - Whenever a player dies, Ost will harvest their soul and gain a point.
At 3 points she will occupy the next harmful wave, and after that restart harvesting souls.

Roles:
Just to tackle it quickly: You guys are simply been spoiled through the past year with exzessive ability useage and vig abilities. I played a certain game where every role had the ability to kill somehow, even when behind a lock. For me this is too swingy and it ends games quickly.
Ya'll know that last Weebs lasted over a month too and had over 2000 pages of content with 50+ players? People loved it, it was a movie and so I just decided to replicate this aspect of Weebs.
Ofcourse I have to slowdown the game, so it actually feels more like "natural mafia" in speed, and not like a swingfest. My goal was to have players "earn" their way to kills, either through shops, or heavy creative means. I think I succeeded with it and everything was kinda fair.
Town didn't even have exzessive copshots, scum overall had more copshots than town.
My goal was to shift that aspect of town away, make scum look townie with cop abilities, enforce more scum vs scum and have town be just all utility in this game.
Aside of maybe a few finetunings that could have been done, I am overall also satisfied with this concept. Really wishing that people start to accept those big special game brands to be slower games, that build up towards a slaughter fest slowly, giving every player the chance to "build up" and "set up" their game for the endgame. If you guys can't cherish this slow concept of playing towards a huge endgame fest, then I can advice you guys to dodge my future games, because I think this is one of the most exciting and suspenseful things that you can have for mafia.

Now I hope you guys enjoyed the setup as much as I did, even if it isn't as polished as it should be, or too overload at some parts.
If you have read through this post, then I would also like to appreciate some feedback.

The Setup explained and what we did...
Hiho guys, some of you guys are maybe curious about the mechanics in this game, the events. I also have some thoughts to share overall.

First of all: The Waves!
This was one of the things I always wanted to host in the past 1.5 years and I decided to manifest it in Weebs. The idea was to have every player thrown into a big co-op battle against a mechanic. Ofcourse in order to make the biggest profit out of this game mechanic, every player was forced to coordinate it, be it with allies or foes.
I was a bit sad to see that alot of people decided to just ignore it for 3 cycles and not try to play it, as it was designed to. Each role had a bunch of "Arsenal" abilities, where I can safely say, that 90% of all Arsenal Abilities used on players did like nothing to the players and were blindshots.
Through using those "weaker" abilities on waves, players should be able to farm ressources throughout the game. This was even advised through the OP posts.
I always planned out a repercussion for 3 unsucceeded waves through 3 cycles, but the global repercussion I had in mind would have broken the game brutally. I had in mind to have everyone get drained 10.000 gold at cycle start until 3 cycles have been succeeded. Had I implemented this punishment then I could have also closed the store and skip the game forward as it would have slowed down by a huge margin. I came up with the new punishment method on the fly, in order to slow the game down less for a while, in order to give us a breather and in order to push players into actually playing the game mechanic, in which I have to say, it succeeded and it was totally balanced.
Outside of that I had to create other stuff on the fly, like the Vassal Weapons that were totally no created during game start, I had to literally to finish some aspects of the game during C0/C1/C2, which gave me some playing room anyway. I hope that people understand that improvisation and sometimes rushed work, as calculative as it is, are essential parts of hosting. Only a good host can master this aspects.

The Weapons!
I am overall proud with the weapons, even when some weapons haven't been utilized. The main 4 weapons played out their purpose and it was great to see it.
Here are the weapons in overview;
The Heroes' Weapons:

[The Legendary Shield] - The weapon belonging to the Shield Hero himself.
-----[passive] - The owner of the Shield can only be plurality lynched.
-----[passive] - You and your benign visitors are protected during that phase. [1 cycle cooldown]
-----[active] -
You can fully occupy a protective wave. [1 cycle cooldown]
Obtained:
Get lynched during D0.
Take Condition: Must have been a main wagon, this or past dayphase.

[The Legendary Sword] - The weapon belonging to the Sword Hero.
-----[passive] - Your Arsenal abilities have a Super modifier.
-----[active] - Wound a player. [1 cycle cooldown]
-----[active] -
You can fully occupy a preventative wave. [1 cycle cooldown]
Obtained:
Start the secondary main wagon during D0.
Take Condition: Must have been on the secondary main wagon this or past dayphase.

[The Legendary Spear] - The weapon belonging to the Spear Hero.
-----[passive] - There is a 50% chance that you toss a targets Arsenal ability.
-----[active] - Super Rolecrush a target for the remainder of the cycle. If they are already rolecrushed, kill them. [2 cycles cooldown]
-----[active] -
You can fully occupy a destructive wave. [4-shots]
Obtained:
Start the primary main wagon during D0.
Take Condition: Must have been on the primary main wagon this or past dayphase.

[The Legendary Bow] - The weapon belonging to the Bow Hero.
-----[passive] - You dont appear in the action write ups.
-----[active] - Pick a [???] in an action write up and make it show the target.
-----[active] - You can fully occupy an investigative Wave. [1 cycle cooldown]
Obtained:
Must have been on neither of the top 3 wagons D0.
Take Condition: Must have been on neither of the top 3 wagons this or past dayphase.

[The Vassal Boat] - The weapon belonging to the Boat Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You can't be busdriven/rotated.
-----[active] - Busdrive/rotate 3 players this phase. Or fully occupy a manipulative wave instead. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
A mafia driven wagon lynches a townie. Given to a random mafiosi on said wagon. [Hidden][Exclusive]

[The Vassal Fan] - The weapon belonging to the Fan Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You are immune to tossing.
-----[active] - Toss a random ability from your target. Or fully occupy a creative wave instead. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
By killing or lynching the current holder of the Vassal Fan.

[The Vassal Katana] - The weapon belonging to the Katana Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - Protective abilities used on you have super modifiers.
-----[active] - Wound your target if they used a harmful action that phase. Or fully occupy a destructive wave instead. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
By killing or lynching the current holder of the Vassal Katana.

[The Vassal Sewing Set] - The weapon belonging to the Sewing Set Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You are immune to poison.
-----[active] - Pick a player and reattach all tossed abilities from their role, if still available and refill a shot of any ability at random or speed up the cooldown of an ability at random by a cycle, depending on what kind of ability has been randomized. Alternatively: Fully occcupy a creative wave instead. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
Surviving the poison effect. [Hidden][Exclusive]

[The Vassal Mirror] - The weapon belonging to the Mirror Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You have omni modifiers.
-----[active] - Pick a player and make their visitors visit themselves instead for the phase. Alternatively: Fully occupy a protective wave. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
Get revived. [Hidden][Exclusive]

[The Vassal Music Instrument] - The weapon belonging to the Music Instrument Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - You can post during the night alongside a random player you've voted with this DP.
-----[active] - Pick up to 4 players and allow them to post during the upcomming night. Alternatively: Fully occupy a communicative wave. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
Become top poster. [After D3][Exclusive]

[The Gauntlet Vassal Weapon] - The weapon belonging to the Gauntlet Vassal Hero.
-----[passive] - Write ups in which you appear, can't be modified.
-----[active] - Pick an action write up and wound the player who performed this action. Alternatively: Fully occupy an investigative wave. [2 cycles cooldown]
Obtained:
After 4 mafia members have fallen, given to the last remaining mafia member. [Hidden][Exclusive]
Economy and Store:
I think alot of potential has been wasted here, and I will tackle it when comming to gambles.
Overall the economy in this game in conjuction to the waves was pretty on point and balanced. Orbs, Darts and other items fulfilled their purpose, they were contested more or less and caused alot of gameplay over several cycles. I wish it has been used a bit more, as you might guessed, shit was accessable as early as cycle 2 when playing waves during cycle 1.
With that I was disappointed in the interest fund mechanic, for once from side, because I think the 222k were just pitched too high. With 30~ish players I expected at some point maybe everyone to spend 10k for reaching the next stage, but somehow I calculated everything wrong. I did not expect people to be so apathetic towards game mechanics. Overall we decided to fix it on the run, those decisions were made around C3, when I noticed that the current setups with waves would break the economy and literally make the second stage UNLOCKABLE for the game.
We agreed that a fun game needs progression, especially if it is so themeful and full of mechanics. What you guys don't know is something you guys can just guess if it's in reach. So in order to unlock the second stage I decided to have dead people's money just drip into the pool, aswell as make the rest fill up through winning over waves during the "apocalypse". If I wouldn't have done this, then the entire second half of the game would have been unlocked, and also WUs would dry out and the game would end up being more monotone.
In the end I was happy to see people appreciating the waves later on and playing more towards it. Ngl, I know this was kind of a bastardization and improvisation, but it overall was in interest of gameflow, gamebalance and overall in interest of gamelore.
Hotfixing stuff is just a general progress in games, and I hope you guys can understand that. If errors occur in your MMORPG, then you can also expect sometimes a hotfix occur during the next server save or so. I think something similair just can be fair for mafia games, as an experienced host, who strives for balance, will detect issues, will exchange with players and then act to patch up the game and make it healthier. The second stage was supposed anyway to unlock at any point, be it C2, or C6 or anything inbetween. I don't wanna hear complaints about how it fucked up the timing of certain players and their planning ahead, because there was no way for players to track the correct fund count. So this has to have be something that you guys had to factor in, into making safe plays and planning ahead into the future.
I will leave it as it is, and generally speaking I will be better in future when creating economys. And I am pretty sure I will nail them even better, and make it more appealing for the players.

Gambles:
No gambling occured. I will simply blame it on me for not making the games appealing, or the whole proccess too complicated. Idk if you guys have any better suggestions to make. I wanted a solo game for plays, the lynching one, which could be coordinated by mafia teams or neighbourhood chats in order to maximize the profits.
I wanted a team gamble, but maybe having 10 players for the earlier stages was a bit too much? It had the cheapest entrance free and was affordable to EVERYONE. EVERYONE.
The third game was meant to be a small FFA game for a small amount of players, so it can still be played in the endgame, as thus it was also more expensive to pay in. It was even able to loop money, when 3 people from the same team or chat sign up for it and rig it so a certain player gets funneled with money. Shit like that has been possible all the time, but hasn't been considered a single time.
Really sad that you guys didnt like those mechanics.
On the other hand the pot has been quite fun, you guys almost triggered the second threshhold endgame.
Pot o'Greed
Thresholds:[Redacted]
10 - All wagonized players from wagons that added to the points, receive 10.000 gold.
30 - The last voter tosses their Arsenal once this is reached.
50 - Every player receives 10.000 gold.
70 - The last 3 wagonized players will receive a Gladiator one-shot which is fleeting until the next cycle ends.
100 - Every player receives a one-shot Take.
150 - Every player loses 50.000
222 - Every player receives 150.000
~Interest factor: 100%

Dummys:
As said previously, this has been created to have the game have just more than "32" players. Weebs was always a big game where 50 players played at its peak, 50 roles were in the game with hidden and special mechanics, with events. In order to compensate for this low player number I decided to implement dummys, which then were additional roles that were botted.
This has clearly been announced beforehand, during the sign up stage of the game. Not factoring them in and calling it all "rng" is on you.
You knew throughout the whole game that there were non-player roles playing and doing stuff.
I think this is a fun mechanic and, because it has been announced since the sign up stage, it is by far the least bastardly special mechanic in the whole game. Those roles made the game just so much more exciting.
The game started with 10 Dummys, so you guys were actually 42 players. Through losing to the waves, more Dummys (evil ones) joined the game.
Here the list on the Dummys, that were there from the start:
Yumeko Jabami
Harmful
[Gamberu] - At the start of the night, Yumeko will challenge the first player, who won something this cycle, to 3 RPS.
If Yumeko wins, she will obtain the earnings of said player, if she loses then said player will receive 100% extra!
[Honourable Loser] - If she ever gets killed, then Yumeko will toss all the earnings she gained from [Gamberu].
Yumeko will also flip a coin. If she wins, then her killer will also be superkilled.

Mary Saotome
Benign
[Gamble Away] - At the start of the night, Mary will protect the first one to take a gamble that night. (Or the first one who signed up)
If a player dies, then Mary will get a point, at 5 points, she will lose this ability.
[All-In] - If she ever gets killed, then Mary will toss a copy of each of her targets role passive.

Kirari Momobami
Harmful
[Chairman] - Each day, Kirari will target a random player in the Upper Six and challenge them to 3 RPS.
If they lose, then they will get rolecrushed until the end of the cycle.
[Murderous Gamble] - If she ever gets killed, then Kirari will start rigging kills. Redirecting every second kill to the player following up next in the playerlist. [3-shots]

Midari Ikishima
Benign
[Beautification] - Whenever an innocent driven wagon lynches an innocent player: Gain a point. At 3 points revive the first fallen innocent player.
[Adios] - After reviving 2 players: Midari will gamble away her life. She gets killed.

Runa Yomozuki
Neutral
[Absolute Neutrality] - At the start of the game everyone will be asked, whether they wanna sign for Absolute Neutrality or not.
Those who signed yes will lose their vote for a dayphase if they rig a game. No signer will get investigated by Runa if they rig a game.
[Referee] - Whenever a game gets rigged, Runa will note a point. At 3 points she will roleblock everyone who rigged a game, within the last 3 games, for a cycle.
[Score] - Upon her death, Runa will reveal a score showing how many innocent and guilties she has found with [Absolute Neutrality].

Raphtalia
Harmful
[The Shield's Sword] - Raphtalia will automatically Bodyguard the current Shield Hero. She can never be protected in return. [1 cycle cooldown]
[The Katana Vassal Weapon] -
Upon Raphtalia's death, she will toss the Katana Vassal Weapon.

Filo
Benign
[Filolial Egg] - Filo starts off as a Filolial Egg. A random player will start with it and they will have the option to care for it or pass it to another random player.
Caring means, you abstain with actions for that cycle. Passing it on means, you will use actions that cycle and not care for the egg.
Once 3 people cared for the egg: Filo will be born!
[Filolial Queen] - Filo is Super Protecting everyone who took care of her! Once she successfully protected someone, she dies.

Slave Trader
Harmful
[Slave Collection] - The Slave Trader will collect anything that comes under his nails. The first three tossed role abilities in the game will be collected by him.
[Fair Price] - The Slave Trader will toss the collected abilities once he dies. Taking those abilities tho will cost the players whole balance. [Redacted]

Glass
Benign
[Rondo] - Glass randomly attacks a player who visitted a wielder of a Cardinal or Vassal Weapon with a non benign or questionable ability. She wounds her target.
[The Fan Vassal Weapon] - Upon Glass's death, she will toss the Fan Vassal Weapon.

Ost Horai
Neutral
[Soul Harvest] - Whenever a player dies, Ost will harvest their soul and gain a point.
At 3 points she will occupy the next harmful wave, and after that restart harvesting souls.

Roles:
Just to tackle it quickly: You guys are simply been spoiled through the past year with exzessive ability useage and vig abilities. I played a certain game where every role had the ability to kill somehow, even when behind a lock. For me this is too swingy and it ends games quickly.
Ya'll know that last Weebs lasted over a month too and had over 2000 pages of content with 50+ players? People loved it, it was a movie and so I just decided to replicate this aspect of Weebs.
Ofcourse I have to slowdown the game, so it actually feels more like "natural mafia" in speed, and not like a swingfest. My goal was to have players "earn" their way to kills, either through shops, or heavy creative means. I think I succeeded with it and everything was kinda fair.
Town didn't even have exzessive copshots, scum overall had more copshots than town.
My goal was to shift that aspect of town away, make scum look townie with cop abilities, enforce more scum vs scum and have town be just all utility in this game.
Aside of maybe a few finetunings that could have been done, I am overall also satisfied with this concept. Really wishing that people start to accept those big special game brands to be slower games, that build up towards a slaughter fest slowly, giving every player the chance to "build up" and "set up" their game for the endgame. If you guys can't cherish this slow concept of playing towards a huge endgame fest, then I can advice you guys to dodge my future games, because I think this is one of the most exciting and suspenseful things that you can have for mafia.

Now I hope you guys enjoyed the setup as much as I did, even if it isn't as polished as it should be, or too overload at some parts.
If you have read through this post, then I would also like to appreciate some feedback.
Bit too wide for my liking but I for sure can respect the fucking effort it took to make it :kata:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Well, if he knew flavour, then it would ofcourse be obvious that targetting the Shield Hero might end up being a bad idea.

"The Rising of the Weeb Hero"
and people are malding about shit playing out like the game title suggests

Rej

Year of the black beard!
@Rej can I see the Gentle Dummy role?
the shop?
it wasn't bound to a dummy role, it was just an Easter Egg, to name it that way.
The shop's purpose was to give mafia a pity for entering an exzessive battle against another mafia and a town that partially had stronger abilities than mafia.

The Gentle Criminal's Store [Unlocks D2] :

A gentle criminal appeared in town! He is spreading his coat and waving you towards him...this no fluke, this man sells the finest stuff, straight from the underworld. This are faction abilities and are part of the faction abilities, not anyone's Arsenal. They also can't be investigated nor recreated.
Mafia Exclusive Store:
[15.000][A Gentleman's Hat] - Wearing this hat makes you get unnoticed in the shadows. Watch a target of your choice for a phase and learn the ability names used by each individual visitor. [2-shots][4 purchases]
[95.000][Ashen Gun] -
A pitch black gun, very slick and very handy. Enable a second faction kill for a night. [1-shot][3 purchases]
[350.000][Necromancer Staff] -
Make a dead role use one of their abilities. [2 purchases]
[1.800.000][Hoodlum Contract][Unlocks once the Millionaire's Club unlocks] -
Upon purchasing this contract, merge both mafia factions into a new mafia faction. During the first night of the merge, perform your faction kill twice. This can only be used when 5 or fewer players from two mafia factions are alive. [1 purchase]

the shop?
it wasn't bound to a dummy role, it was just an Easter Egg, to name it that way.
The shop's purpose was to give mafia a pity for entering an exzessive battle against another mafia and a town that partially had stronger abilities than mafia.

The Gentle Criminal's Store [Unlocks D2] :

A gentle criminal appeared in town! He is spreading his coat and waving you towards him...this no fluke, this man sells the finest stuff, straight from the underworld. This are faction abilities and are part of the faction abilities, not anyone's Arsenal. They also can't be investigated nor recreated.
Mafia Exclusive Store:
[15.000][A Gentleman's Hat] - Wearing this hat makes you get unnoticed in the shadows. Watch a target of your choice for a phase and learn the ability names used by each individual visitor. [2-shots][4 purchases]
[95.000][Ashen Gun] -
A pitch black gun, very slick and very handy. Enable a second faction kill for a night. [1-shot][3 purchases]
[350.000][Necromancer Staff] -
Make a dead role use one of their abilities. [2 purchases]
[1.800.000][Hoodlum Contract][Unlocks once the Millionaire's Club unlocks] -
Upon purchasing this contract, merge both mafia factions into a new mafia faction. During the first night of the merge, perform your faction kill twice. This can only be used when 5 or fewer players from two mafia factions are alive. [1 purchase]
I loved it when it unlocked...

Just for us to have no money to buy anything from there :suresure:.

Status
Not open for further replies.