Character Discussion What is Yamato's Devil Fruit?

What's Yamato's Devil Fruit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
As far as I'm aware, we have only a few indications towards it.

It's a carnivorous Zoan with pronounced canines:

It's epic:

Sasaki was initially affronted that Yamato thought she could defeat him while protecting dead weight:

However, once she hinted that she might transform, he was terrified:

Yamato's Devil Fruit was likely provided to her by Kaido (seeing as she's been a prisoner on Onigashima since she was 8 years old):

Kaido intends to make Yamato Shogun:

Given that Kaido has such high ambitions for her and that he also trained her (she can perfectly replicate his signature technique):

We can thus surmise that it's a pretty powerful and rare fruit — the best Zoan that Kaido could procure. This lends real credence to the hypothesis that it could be a Mythical Zoan (or at least a very powerful Ancient Zoan). Whichevet it is, it should be a fruit that's considerably more powerful than what any of the Tobi Roppo or Calamities have.

I don't think an Ancient Zoan is likely as what I would expect to be the most fitting Ancient Zoan for the teeth profile we got (Smilodon) has already been taken by Who's Who:

A Dire Wolf might fit the pronounced canines, but I don't think it's "epic" enough.

I don't think dinosaurs fit the teeth profile we got.

Another reason to be sceptical that Yamato's Devil Fruit is a mere Ancient Zoan is how secretive Oda has been with it.

It's been 30 chapters since Yamato first appeared on panel (983) and 7 chapters since Oda teased her Devil Fruit (996). We have seen the Devil Fruits of every other "executive" of the Beast Pirates. Oda seems to be saving Yamato's Devil Fruit for an epic reveal (presumably against Kaido). It's hard to imagine that a mere Ancient Zoan would warrant him being this coy.

Acting under the assumption that it's a Mythical Zoan, the White Tiger (Byakko) seems to merit special attention:

In Chinese Mythology, it opposes the Azure Dragon (Seiryu) and would signify Yamato's conflict with Kaido.

For what it's worth, this is Yamato's colour scheme:

What do you guys think? Suggest more options for her DF. I'll add up to ten candidates to the poll.

Last edited:
I've said it before I'll say it again, Mythical White Tiger DF.
Post automatically merged:

Sasaki was confident he could take on base Yamato in his base form while being shocked at her transforming. Which confirms her DF is superior to his especially as he was scared due to his CoO sensing an insane increase in power

She's almost confirmed as Mythical Zoan. I doubt Kaido would buy any less for his successor
Sasaki was being overconfident. Yamato had not just 1 but 2 useless smucks to defend, if she were alone it'd be a much different story.

You honestly don't think a huge White Tiger and Hybrid Tiger/Cat Girl isn't good visually?
Bruh?! Wtf!
:risicheck::cantseeme:
No not really, furries is one anime trope I really hate. Besides, white fur in that white top seems like kind of a weird match.

Yamato could use a more beastly look in general. Like in your avatar. That would mesh well with a nice and friendly disposition, stand out more.

No not really, furries is one anime trope I really hate. Besides, white fur in that white top seems like kind of a weird match.

Yamato could use a more beastly look in general. Like in your avatar. That would mesh well with a nice and friendly disposition, stand out more.
I'm not a furry, cat girls aren't furry's.
Carrot is practically a Furry.
I agree with your last point. I'd love It if she looked my rough tough and wild.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
it can't be a flying devil fruit.
Because she didn't fly away from Onigashima with Momonosuke?

I think this is a good argument, but it could also be that Oda didn't want to reveal her Devil Fruit in such an underwhelming fashion. He's done dumber stuff with Zoans before (see how Jack would rather have died against the Sulong Dukes than use his Hybrid Form).

Maybe tiger. Thinking about what would be a good visual though, I'd say T-Rex
A T-Rex is ineligible IMO:
  • It doesn't fit the teeth profile.
  • It's not epic enough.
    • Sasaki wouldn't be shitting his pants at a mere T-Rex giving his own DF.
    • A T-Rex isn't that much better than e.g. Drake's Devil Fruit. Yamato's Devil Fruit is the absolute best that Kaido could procure.
    • I can't imagine Oda being so coy with Yamato's Devil Fruit if it's a mere T-Rex.