What was the last movie you watched?

The beekeeper 6.5/10
Fun action movie but could be better
Had a bunch of cool action scenes but there was some cheap looking and stupid stuff happening in there as well
The story is also stupid and there is atleast 50 bee puns more than i could handle
You'll enjoy it if you like action movies but there are a lot of better movies in the genre.

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.
Barbie: 5/10

I'm too tired to write up about it right now but may do soon if I feel bothered to do so lol.
I forgot to do my write up.

TL:DR is that is constantly trashes on men and tries to be pro female empowerment with Barbie, but Barbie hilariously gets called a fascist by a teenage girl and then ends up kind of proving her right too later on.

The film felt pretty messy and tonally inconsistent and had a real identity crisis imo. It tried to be very pro feminist but ended up self sabotaging and doing the opposite of what it intended, counter-productive.

I also feel like dropping my score to a 4/10 potentially.

I felt similar vibes with Frozen 2 with how insufferable, selfish and self obsessed Elsa was and with Barbie here, main character syndrome for real and both films had a lovestruck, woobie, relatable, humble, underrated male deuteragonist who was overlooked by the shining star MC who neglected everyone else and their feelings and both these guys, Kristoff and Ken had amazing, heartfelt, power ballad musical numbers that were very memorable and entertaining.

The men are constantly trashed and humiliated, in shitty living circumstances and such in Barbie yet treated as the bad guys. At one point Ken rebels after seeing how the real world is and how men are there compared to Barbie Land and whilst Barbie is gone, he takes over Barbie Land non aggressively by convincing the women to be more traditional and more typically "house wives".

Ironically Barbie, that girl from before and her hardworking, underrated and best female character of the movie (followed by Weird Barbie) expose the Ken led society as "corrupt" and not so "idyllic" but their complaints are similar to how the Kens felt in the first place. The other Barbies were much happier under the life of the Kens as they had more purpose even if it was servitude to the Kens, i guess its because they felt more feminine and traditional and there was no existential crises happening at the time?

Anyway the film ends with Barbie Land going to how it was before, but now Ken is no longer shat on by Barbie constantly and hes no longer excluded from "girls nights" at Barbies house every night but Barbie goes the real world and becomes a "real woman" and the film mentions her and also the Kens' genitalia a lot which is kinda disturbing too.

Will Ferrell was surprisingly likeable in it but Ryan Gosling was fantastic and really hard carried the film like he was Atlas. Margot and the actress for Weird Barbie are brilliant, the girl who called Barbie a fascist was insufferable but her mother was very underrated just like in the movie's story/world and she was very likeable and endearing, but im also biased as ive seen my mum and her mother both work extremely hard their whole lives and NEVER, EVER truly be appreciated for it by their own close flesh and blood (aside from me obviously lmao).

I just saw Chicken Run 2 the other day too and absolutely hated it, 3/4 out of 10 at best/most generous.

Trashy, half assed, repetitive, unoriginal, unneeded, cash grab, shameless sequel with no soul and plenty of hate and laziness though.

Last edited:
Coogan's Bluff: not that good but I like Clint Eastwood so I give it a pass and a 6.

The Beekeeper: not good, I like Jason Statham but I still couldn't finish it, maybe they should have spent less time on the useless FBI agents and focus more on Jason Statham's character, more action and fights. I couldn't give a fuck about the investigation part.

Greyhound: good movie, short one which is surprising for movie made recently and good tension.

I forgot to do my write up.

TL:DR is that is constantly trashes on men and tries to be pro female empowerment with Barbie, but Barbie hilariously gets called a fascist by a teenage girl and then ends up kind of proving her right too later on.

The film felt pretty messy and tonally inconsistent and had a real identity crisis imo. It tried to be very pro feminist but ended up self sabotaging and doing the opposite of what it intended, counter-productive.

I also feel like dropping my score to a 4/10 potentially.

I felt similar vibes with Frozen 2 with how insufferable, selfish and self obsessed Elsa was and with Barbie here, main character syndrome for real and both films had a lovestruck, woobie, relatable, humble, underrated male deuteragonist who was overlooked by the shining star MC who neglected everyone else and their feelings and both these guys, Kristoff and Ken had amazing, heartfelt, power ballad musical numbers that were very memorable and entertaining.

The men are constantly trashed and humiliated, in shitty living circumstances and such in Barbie yet treated as the bad guys. At one point Ken rebels after seeing how the real world is and how men are there compared to Barbie Land and whilst Barbie is gone, he takes over Barbie Land non aggressively by convincing the women to be more traditional and more typically "house wives".

Ironically Barbie, that girl from before and her hardworking, underrated and best female character of the movie (followed by Weird Barbie) expose the Ken led society as "corrupt" and not so "idyllic" but their complaints are similar to how the Kens felt in the first place. The other Barbies were much happier under the life of the Kens as they had more purpose even if it was servitude to the Kens, i guess its because they felt more feminine and traditional and there was no existential crises happening at the time?

Anyway the film ends with Barbie Land going to how it was before, but now Ken is no longer shat on by Barbie constantly and hes no longer excluded from "girls nights" at Barbies house every night but Barbie goes the real world and becomes a "real woman" and the film mentions her and also the Kens' genitalia a lot which is kinda disturbing too.

Will Ferrell was surprisingly likeable in it but Ryan Gosling was fantastic and really hard carried the film like he was Atlas. Margot and the actress for Weird Barbie are brilliant, the girl who called Barbie a fascist was insufferable but her mother was very underrated just like in the movie's story/world and she was very likeable and endearing, but im also biased as ive seen my mum and her mother both work extremely hard their whole lives and NEVER, EVER truly be appreciated for it by their own close flesh and blood (aside from me obviously lmao).

I just saw Chicken Run 2 the other day too and absolutely hated it, 3/4 out of 10 at best/most generous.

Trashy, half assed, repetitive, unoriginal, unneeded, cash grab, shameless sequel with no soul and plenty of hate and laziness though.
You don’t even need to bring up the moral behind Greta Gerwig’s Barbie. It’s just plain boring and couldn’t be a more mainstream form of entertainment.

If anyone wanna see a film that explores patriarchy well and isn’t boring as hell. Watch Happening (l’évènement) by Audrey Diwan. It’s about abortion when it was illegal in France. Even the film the Suffragette is better than Barbie. This film doesn’t deserve any credit. It’s basically a Fast and Furious movie with feminist stuff in it. Lame ass blockbuster.

You may think those films can be one sided with the lack of men characters sympathetic to women and their rights but just think it was another era. It’s very different nowadays even though sexism is also obviously very much still alive

Predator. The original with Arnold Schwartzenegger and Carl Weathers.

10/10.

A perfect mix of sci-fi, action movie, horror and thriller with Arnold delivering perhaps his best actor performance of his career, with him showing true fear and trauma against a foe he cannot see or beat by force, and the terror of the Predator that hunts down and terrorizes the humans, the secondary characters are very well-played and none are forgettable, as well as Alan Silvestri's amazing soundtrack.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
DUNE: PART TWO

5/5

Please see this film in the cinema! Don't wait to see this at home, this film deserves to be seen on the big screen and it is a reminder of why we go to the cinema. Its cautionary tale of religious fanaticism and a visual and audio treat! I liked the book and I was extremely happy with the way Denis adapted this.