General & Others Which arc felt more dangerous? Whole Cake Island or Wano?

Imagine if Smoothie or Katakuri got bitched out by Chopper

Imagine if Pedro was miraculously saved by Carrot before sacrificing himself

Imagine if during the tea party, Katakuri was flicking jellybeans at his opponents instead of using haki and the powerful attacks we know him to have

Wano is cool but there are serious problems. Mainly it's lack of tension.

Both arcs are horrible when it comes to it.

Whilst WCI would raise the tension and stakes every few so chapters. Oda would then resolve it in such unsatisfying and ridiculous ways. That would just frustrate the reader. Whilst Wano has absoultely no tension and doesnt really feel like the crew are in danger at all. Oda has made the villains beyond incompetent due to the fact he made them absurdly strong and the SH's far too weak in the first place. With every chapter practically being an asspull after the other.

Eh... tbh it doesnt bother me anymore. There are many things to enjoy OP for:

- Art
- World Building
- Character interactions
- Fight choreography
- Sanji

I really dont care much about the plot anymore tbh...

Tell me your reasons on why you think Wano felt more dangerous.
WCI was a "grab him and leave" mission. Beating BM was never in the cards, so I never wondered how SHs would get away.

Wano is "win or die". Beat Kaido & BM or die. That's why the rooftop fight is so thrilling and, so far, is firing on all cylinders. It's doing the impossible. It will always be suspenseful until it is finally done.

WCI was a "grab him and leave" mission. Beating BM was never in the cards, so I never wondered how SHs would get away.

Wano is "win or die". Beat Kaido & BM or die. That's why the rooftop fight is so thrilling and, so far, is firing on all cylinders. It's doing the impossible. It will always be suspenseful until it is finally done.
Ok but that still doesn't explain why you think Wano felt more dangerous especially if you ignore the rooftop fight.

But if you think Wano felt more dangerous then alright then lol.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
A little girl, Usopp and Nami are running around brainwashing Gifters without consequence as they're chased scooby doo style by 2 Tobi Roppo.

Wano as a whole but specifically Onigashima has zero tension. It doesn't feel dangerous at all. WCI at least had Katakuri making it feel dangerous for about 10 chapters and Pedro's death which gave us something.

Ok but that still doesn't explain why you think Wano felt more dangerous especially if you ignore the rooftop fight.

But if you think Wano felt more dangerous then alright then lol.
Let's put it this way: In WCI, even if the SHs couldn't defeat BMP, they could still win by grabbing Sanji and run away.

Wano doesn't afford them that comfort. It's do or die. Always obviously more dangerous.

- definitely WCI even that Luffy is one man show and with plot armor
- Compared with WCI, Wano is basically a kindergarten playground. Bigmom and her crews turn into a joke. Kaido's subordinates are also a big gag. Plots are too too convenient (e.g. Tama, prison training camp, queen useless speech). Unlike WCI where Luffy is only main fighter. Now we have Zoro covering Luffy's ass over and over. Supernovas and Marco who can stall two YCs. Not to mention tons of enemies switching side.