Speculations Who will defeat Big Mom?

Who will defeat Big Mom?

• Total voters
As soon as Big Mom sees Luffy, she will want to fight him. Thats the sole reason she even came to Wano. The alliances target is Kaido, but its not like they have much choice when their front man is Mamas target as well, so a fight vs 2 emperors is unavoidable. Right now its Luffy, Law and Kidd, but i expect Hawkins and Drake to eventually tag along (not sure about Apoo, hes yet to be seen in Wano plus i cant really read him. And dont forget Kidd will want to murder him). That gives us a 5v2 which probably wont be enough still, so an outside nerf for the yonkou probably happens. Will they both die after the battle? I dont think so, but i think its the end of their relevance as far as the main plot is concerned.

Off topic but if you go down through the rest of the named, significant characters on either side, i think everyone gets a solo battle. Mama hasnt brough her whole crew, Katakuri, Oven and Cracker most significantly. Kaido is already without some headliners (Udon gang, Hawkins and Drake eventually, Page1?, the fodder Luffy defeated?, Sheapshead, Horselina...). He still has the allstars and 4-5 (depending on P1 status) from the flying six even without Drake, then the other headliners (dont think there are many), gifters, numbers, Orochi and his men. The PMS alliance has enough strong men to match them one for one, where they are heavily outnumbered is the fodder, which Kaido has way more. But nothing coc cant even out

Rayleigh never had Future Sight nor did Whitebeard. Not with his overpowered Devil Fruit.
You don't know if he has it or not.

You'd never know if Katakuri had it if he didn't say he had it because all it allows one to do is know what the opponent will do ahead of time.

If Katakuri has it, then more powerful characters probably have it.

• More so, if you read what was said about Whitebeard, it was said it's impossible to hit him.
  • Squardo himself said he couldn't believe he actually hit Whitebeard successfully.
  • Marco said if he wasn't sick, he'd have dodged it and we've seen Whitebeard dodge attacks even in his sleep implying he has extremely good Observation Haki.
So, it's just more likely the most powerful characters in the series have it. Katakuri is not some sort of exception. Even Shanks likely has it.

They way Rayleigh talked about Future Sight confirms that he does not have it.
Nope.

He just said it takes years to develop it, not that he didn't have it.

Huge difference between saying something is rare and saying you don't have it.

A person with an IQ of 200 would also say IQs above 190 are extremely rare, but that's not the same thing as saying they don't have it, so your reasoning here is pretty flawed.

BM isnt getting defeated by luffy at WCI.
No use telling me.

The Manga says so.

Would be like saying Luffy won't become Pirate King; when Luffy makes proclamations, they tend to get carried out. It's just the nature of the series.

Given how already dubious the hints given by manga editors can be I'll take this declaration with a good dose of salt.
I'm thinking Big Mom's "defeat" won't be traditional. It won't be your Crocodile's and Doflamingo's flying and falling through the ground black and blue. Didn't Tama want O-Lin back? If Luffy "defeats," it's going to be something like "Brachio Bomber" without Luffy being overpowered or relying on sneak attacks.

Elbaf is where she will be defeated and Luffy will do it. He already said he will take her down.
That's the only feasible scenario. I trust Luffy's words to deal with Kaido first then her.

He can't take on her during the final war, he will have to deal with marines and wg. All pirates might stay unite (almost all) with BB pirates getting in the middle as usual.

Whether Big Mom gets defeated or not, Luffy fighting her this arc has been confirmed.
It hasn't, you are just assuming.

Where is it stated they will fight? What panel?

Let me put things into perspective.

Kaido said fighting Big Mom would be a full blown war. Kaido didn't want Big Mom in Wano to begin with.

Bare in mind Kaido has 30,000 men and he said all of them would more or less be needed to take on Big Mom's fleet.

You think just a mere 5-7,000 men can take on Big Mom + Kaido? No.

If you read the last chapter, what did it say? It said the current festival is more or less being used to celebrate Big Mom and Kaido's alliance. It implies that Big Mom will likely be leaving after mid-night.
Thing to consider is Denjiro is still an ally of Orochi to Orochi; we can assume the alliance will defeat Kanjuro and the beast pirates currently at sea, so Orochi and Kaido have no idea what's happened.
  • Once the festival is over tonight, Big Mom will likely leave to make preparations for their alliance.
  • Denjiro will then inform the alliance to get ready to attack Kaido once Big Mom leaves.
They certainly do not have the strength to defeat 2 Emperors.

There's absolutely no way Luffy will fight Big Mom because then, she has no reason to leave Wano. He has something that belongs to her. There's a reason Oda has ensured Big Mom doesn't know Luffy is there, so she can have legitimate reason to leave is likely the answer. If she's aware, then she's going to stay. Once Big Mom is involved, there's no way for her to cease being involved.

H

Haoshoku

An anime producer, not Oda. And teasing like that from editors or producers is to be taken with a grain of salt. Many of things they announce turn out to be exaggerated or far from the truth.
Oda himself makes exaggerated comments such as Wano making Marineford look cute iirc, which so far has been far from the truth as well. Whatever Oda says is always more credible than the editors but we ain’t gonna act like Oda’s teasing is far off from what the editors or anime producers be doing, but I know that is besides the point but just wanted to point that out regardless.

If my memory is correct one of the editors teased an epic fight between Luffy or the alliance and Big Mom or that there would be other epic things during WCI arc.
Of course there was just a small clash with Luffy attacking BM and her blocking his KG.
Are you talking about their comment on WCI's tea party? They're probably referring to Luffy VS Katakuri even if fans didn't like it.

That's the only feasible scenario.
The only feasible scenario is the most irrelevant Yonko showing up 3 arcs in a row? Wano is the end of the Yonko Saga, and with that the Yonko system will collapse. The Shichibukai got disbanded, Grand Cleansing will begin and the balance of power will be no more.

Oda already hinted at the future of the BMPs:

The only feasible scenario is the most irrelevant Yonko showing up 3 arcs in a row? Wano is the end of the Yonko Saga, and with that the Yonko system will collapse. The Shichibukai got disbanded, Grand Cleansing will begin and the balance of power will be no more.

Oda already hinted at the future of the BMPs:

Not until they all get their asses kicked first like Katakuri. Id love to see them be allies in the Final War if they could be.