Future Events Who Will Defeat King?

Who defeats King?

• Total voters
Skypiea and PH weren’t major arcs with major antagonists but I guess Dressrosa is a good example. We’ll see if it was an exception.
Tbh I think that Sanji is completely irrelevant to the conversation anyway, it’s either Marco or Zoro that fights King.

Just pointing out that there is precedent for Sanji being “relegated” from his usual fighting position

Tbh I think that Sanji is completely irrelevant to the conversation anyway, it’s either Marco or Zoro that fights King.

Just pointing out that there is precedent for Sanji being “relegated” in his usual fighting position
Yeah, I don’t believe in Sanji vs King either, I’m just highly skeptical about Marco fighting King. Can’t think of anyone else bar Zoro.

Sanji will get other fights, Marco won’t.

And it’s far from the first time that Sanji has been given a lesser opponent, or even none at all, in favour of a stronger ally. Look at Punk Hazard, where he didn’t beat anyone. Or Skypiea, where all he got was a 3 vs 1 with Satori while Wyper one-shot the stronger foe Shura.

Basically this:
Skypiea and PH weren’t major arcs with major antagonists but I guess Dressrosa is a good example. We’ll see if it was an exception.
Sanji didn't have a real fight in those arcs.
In Dressrosa Sanji wasn't even there to fight.

So you think Oda might really take into account Marco's popularity and decide to draw Marco vs King relegating a far more popular character, who happens to be one of the protagonist and one of the top fighters of the crew, to a 2 (or 3 if both Chopper and Drake join him) vs 1 against Queen :hope:
Sanji being in a 2 or 3 vs 1 against Queen makes since based on How Luffy's fights went in Wholecake island. Luffy had outside assistance in his fights and Luffy is stronger than Sanji. Unless people think Sanji is stronger than whole cake island Luffy they shouldn't be mad if the queen fight is a 2v1 or even 3v1.

Post automatically merged:

Oda wasn’t obligated to drive him away from those events, he just chose to. Let’s be honest, everyone was expecting Sanji vs Trébol or Sanji vs Diamante to happen.
Yea if Sanji stayed in Dressrosa he likely would have would have fought one of the executives, intact a lot of things in that arc change if Sanji's stays tbh. Now were in Wano, Unless Oda literally takes Sanji out of Wano he's gonna inevitably fight somebody powerful.

Sanji being in a 2 or 3 vs 1 against Queen makes since based on How Luffy's fights went in Wholecake island. Luffy had outside assistance in his fights and Luffy is stronger than Sanji. Unless people think Sanji is stronger than whole cake island Luffy they shouldn't be mad if the queen fight is a 2v1 or even 3v1.
It's not that the 2 vs 1 doesn't make sense, it's that Oda already messed everything up.
Zoro is in front of Kaido and Big Mom and he hasn't even clashed with a commander. Killer doesn't even have a single decent feat and is front of Kaido and Big Mom.

Franky, Nami and Usopp are about to fight against 3 Tobi Roppo. There is not much time left and Oda knows it.

Sanji didn't go all out and swallowed his pride deciding to use the RS. But he is going to be the only one not going beyond any expectation and have a logical 2 (or even 3) vs 1.

Btw i don't think he is going to defeat King in a classic 1 vs 1. Imo King and Marco are going to have a brief clash, Sanji is going to interrupt them and fight him until Perospero does something.
Then Sanji vs King restarts and Sanji defeats him.

Last edited:
I'll say either Zoro or Sanji. I think there's next to no chance that Marco will be the one to do it simply because one of the major themes of this arc is the new generation asserting their dominance over the old, so having Marco (the right hand man of the former poster boy of the old gen Whitebeard) taking down King (another old gen member) doesn't adhere to this theme in the slightest.

It's not that the 2 vs 1 doesn't make sense, it's that Oda already messed everything up.
Zoro is in front of Kaido and Big Mom and he hasn't even clashed with a commander. Killer doesn't even have a single decent feat and is front of Kaido and Big Mom.

Franky, Nami and Usopp are about to fight against 3 Tobi Roppo. There is not much time left and Oda knows it.

Sanji didn't go all out and swallowed his pride deciding to use the RS. But he is going to be the only one not going beyond any expectation and have a logical 2 (or even 3) vs 1.

Btw i don't think he is going to defeat King in a classic 1 vs 1. Imo King and Marco are going to have a brief clash, Sanji is going to interrupt them and fight him until Perospero does something.
Then Sanji vs King restarts and Sanji defeats him.
Everything not messed up yet, Zoro and Killer are just supporting in the fight, their not defeating the yonko 1v1 or anything...... Think about Zoro's role in the Oars fight. Its gonna be similar to that. Obviously Usopp Nami and Franky are gonna have outside assistance as well. Its already happening with Tama getting involved. Franky will get help as well.

I'll say either Zoro or Sanji. I think there's next to no chance that Marco will be the one to do it simply because one of the major themes of this arc is the new generation asserting their dominance over the old, so having Marco (the right hand man of the former poster boy of the old gen Whitebeard) taking down King (another old gen member) doesn't adhere to this theme in the slightest.
Oda can frame it as Marco taking King out of the equation so as to give the new generation freedom to fight Kaido and BM on the roof. That’s basically what he did by kicking the BM Pirates down the waterfall.

Marco is here to do something, he‘s had the opportunity to fight with Kaido and BM on the roof and instead decided to put Zoro there. I wouldn’t be much surprised if next chapter we see the tables get turned and King trying to join the rooftop fight, with Marco telling him to stay out of it with some remark about how the two of them are the past and should stay out of the fight for the future. While Queen tries to get up the tower route so he can eventually interact with Sanji.

Cause tbh, the “old generation vs new generation“ thing is only really applying to the Kaido and BM fight, not the others. If we look at the Flying Six, Page One and Ulti don’t count as old gen. They’re younger than the majority of Worst Gen members, for a start. X Drake is Worst Gen, so that’s new. Black Maria is younger than Robin, Sasaki than Franky, WW by Brook and Jinbei, Jack by the lot.

Zoro and Killer are just supporting in the fight, their not defeating the yonko 1v1 or anything......
Luffy at the beginning of the arc was speedblitzed and oneshotted by Kaido when he was in G4. And that is probably Kaido's human form (i still hope it's isn't). Denjiro and the dukes in sulong form weren't even able to hurt Kaido in a 9 vs 1.

Now the 5 supernovas are against two emperors and Zoro, Killer and Law are all weaker and slower than that Luffy and certainly not far stronger than those 3 scabbards, especially the dukes in that state. There is no way they can be of any help logically. But they will :kayneshrug:

Against Oars he was not so usefull, i doubt Oda is going to not give him a 1 vs 1 for something like that.

Luffy at the beginning of the arc was speedblitzed and oneshotted by Kaido when he was in G4. And that is probably Kaido's human form (i still hope it's isn't). Denjiro and the dukes in sulong form weren't even able to hurt Kaido in a 9 vs 1.

Now the 5 supernovas are against two emperors and Zoro, Killer and Law are all weaker and slower than that Luffy and certainly not far stronger than those 3 scabbards, especially the dukes in that state. There is no way they can be of any help logically. But they will :kayneshrug:

Against Oars he was not so usefull, i doubt Oda is going to not give him a 1 vs 1 for something like that.
Against Oars Zoro was pretty useful bro....This is probably what Zoro's role is gonna be in the Kaido fight tbh. To do shit like this.

Against Oars Zoro was pretty useful bro....This is probably what Zoro's role is gonna be in the Kaido fight tbh. To do shit like this.

Tell the Zoro boys, I'm curious about their answers:myman:
Not on Zoro's role against Oars of course, but what they would think if Zoro ended up doing to Kaido just what he did to Oars.

Last edited:
Oda can frame it as Marco taking King out of the equation so as to give the new generation freedom to fight Kaido and BM on the roof. That’s basically what he did by kicking the BM Pirates down the waterfall.

Marco is here to do something, he‘s had the opportunity to fight with Kaido and BM on the roof and instead decided to put Zoro there. I wouldn’t be much surprised if next chapter we see the tables get turned and King trying to join the rooftop fight, with Marco telling him to stay out of it with some remark about how the two of them are the past and should stay out of the fight for the future. While Queen tries to get up the tower route so he can eventually interact with Sanji.

Cause tbh, the “old generation vs new generation“ thing is only really applying to the Kaido and BM fight, not the others. If we look at the Flying Six, Page One and Ulti don’t count as old gen. They’re younger than the majority of Worst Gen members, for a start. X Drake is Worst Gen, so that’s new. Black Maria is younger than Robin, Sasaki than Franky, WW by Brook and Jinbei, Jack by the lot.
Hmm, when you frame it that way, I could see Oda doing something in the vein of Marco stalling King for a while with a line such as that, but I still have a hard time seeing him actually taking him down.

Although I do agree Big Mom and Kaido are the main representatives of old guard, I don't think we can necessarily say their crew members don't apply to this theme at all. If so Marco wouldn't be calling himself a member of the old gen, seeing as he's just a crew member and not a captain, but he still does.

And yes X Drake was on Kaido's crew, but as we saw it's only because he was double crossing them and still firmly hedges all his bets on the new Gen. And in terms of the ages of the Flying Six, that's really not relevant considering like you said Franky and Brooke are both firmly viewed as being part of the new gen even though they both are so old (same with Capone or Urouge who are also old). The Flying Six just happen to be new members of the old guard, making them a part of the old guard.

I just don't think that one of the major villains of this arc will be defeated by someone so far removed from the crew, someone only Luffy has met and doesn't even remember the name of until now. But I did forget about Drake so maybe he also could have a chance at taking down King if Zoro or Sanji doesn't.