Controversial Why Mihawk < Sword Gorosei.

Looks like they've moved on from using Shanks. It's old man ghandis turn
I'm posting this thread as a Mihawk fan. I've said all of these things before:

- Mihawk "measured the distance" between him and Whitebeard with a nameless hakiless flying slash, and found Whitebeard had fallen so far that he needed an underling like Jozu to block for him. Mihawk lost interest in fighting Whitebeard after this because he knew he was stronger than Whitebeard.

- Vista says "postponing this fight would be advantageous for the both of us". Mihawks advantage is that he gets to observe the situation without distractions. Vista's advantage is that he can leave with his life intact.

- The scene in Marineford where Luffy thinks Mihawk is about to cut his arms off and then snaps them back isn't an example of early future sight, it's an example of Mihawk using CoC + CoO to project false futures into Luffys mind and test his mental state. That's why he comments on how calm he is.

I still think sword gorosei will be stronger.
Post automatically merged:

Everyone is wss these days but not the one who has the title :suresure:
Went from shiryu being above mihawk to shanks the actual wss to bald gorosei the real wss.
What s next i wonder ?

@ConquistadoR @HA001 OF THE RAIN
Shitryu is the most featless character in the entire series and the best he's done on panel was take out the same kind of guards that buggy low diffed. I've never understood how anyone says he's strong

- Mihawk "measured the distance" between him and Whitebeard with a nameless hakiless flying slash, and found Whitebeard had fallen so far that he needed an underling like Jozu to block for him. Mihawk lost interest in fighting Whitebeard after this because he knew he was stronger than Whitebeard.

- Vista says "postponing this fight would be advantageous for the both of us". Mihawks advantage is that he gets to observe the situation without distractions. Vista's advantage is that he can leave with his life intact.

- The scene in Marineford where Luffy thinks Mihawk is about to cut his arms off and then snaps them back isn't an example of early future sight, it's an example of Mihawk using CoC + CoO to project false futures into Luffys mind and test his mental state. That's why he comments on how calm he is.

Shitryu is the most featless character in the entire series and the best he's done on panel was take out the same kind of guards that buggy low diffed. I've never understood how anyone says he's strong
Okay fair enough. Mihawk is still stronger until shown or proven otherwise

Where's the black blade? Still waiting for the strongest black blade to be upped by another.

As far as I can see (could easily be proven wrong, but I checked long enough to satisfy me) no one in One Piece has been called 剣聖 / Kensei / "Sword Saint" yet. Not even Mihawk. He he's 世界最強の剣士 / Sekai Saikyou no Kenshi / World's Strongest Swordsman.

from wiki:

the "sei" is different in Gorosei and Kensei, but its a pun. 聖 is saint, sage, holy person, and the "sei" in Gorosei is 星 for star, planet, heavenly body.

BUT the "Saint" in the name "Saint Jay Garcia Saturn" is 聖. Extending that to all the gorosei, the sword gorosei is literally a 剣聖/Sword Saint.

Mihawk might be the World's Strongest Swordsman, but there's more than just this world, and there's a level above the peak of a "swordsman".

I get your point but to me Oda has portrayed “The world strongest” as anybody who is favored to win in a 1v1.

I feel like if we can believe that Luffy, as the measure of PK, can surpass Roger and potentially be given additional fights (i.e. Imu), then we could argue the same for Zoro and Mihawk if he falls beforehand.

I cant justifiably say hes stronger, but its possible once we reach that point and it becomed clearer.