Current Events Will Kaido be defeated from Luffy's island sized punch?

Will Kaido be defeated by Luffy's island sized punch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kaido literally cannot get himself free from Luffys hand. Hes going to get hit by the punch.
Lol can't get free? This man burns that hand off of himself, then says don't even worry about trying to grab me because I'll take it head on anyway. Here's an L for you on that, man.

the Fist will hit Kaido, with him trying to block it or kot. That's....literally it lol. It isn't that complicated.
It's a little complicated.

I like how all of this is about Kaido and not Luffy. Kaido is in hybrid using his DF power to buff himself while he talks about Haki (you can literally see he transforms into his monstrous, buff hybrid form).

Meanwhile Luffy uses his power, sure, but it also outputting ridiculous amounts of haki. Why is Luffy's any worse than Kaido's right now? I'm confused. He absolutely tanked that last hit from Kaido? Why do we talk up the main villain and not the MC in the same case?
Because "grab Kaido and punch him" is a strategy that doesn't even bother him lol. We know Kaido by now, you should too.

Lol can't get free? This man burns that hand off of himself, then says don't even worry about trying to grab me because I'll take it head on anyway. Here's an L for you on that, man.

It's a little complicated.

Because "grab Kaido and punch him" is a strategy that doesn't even bother him lol. We know Kaido by now, you should too.
Touche, maybe I'm wrong then.

Yes, I agree.
Post automatically merged:

Prepared to take an L of he's not down next week, but does still feel climactic.

If not, that's a good victory anyway for Kaido and Luffy fans since they'll get a longer fight lol

Touche, maybe I'm wrong then.

Yes, I agree.
Post automatically merged:

Prepared to take an L of he's not down next week, but does still feel climactic.

If not, that's a good victory anyway for Kaido and Luffy fans since they'll get a longer fight lol
Chapter ending with a direct juxtaposition of Wano's citizens releasing their lanterns wishing to be free of Kaido/Orochi while the MC is about to punch a dozen of kilometers big fire dragon with his island sized punch that has been in preparation for over a chapter and half. Say what you want about Oda stalling, but he does know how to crescendo and this feels like it hit the peak. Genuinely, the only way I could see it not being the end if Oda does a twist and Luffy loses, and the raid fail. Which is ludicrous

With Luffy vs Doflamingo

Chapter 780 Luffy got back up to roof (Oda loves his rooftop fights), started fighting Doflamingo and the Birdcage started retreating
Chapter 781 ended with Luffy stopping Doflamingo from crushing Law. That was the end of Law’s role in the Doffy fight, although he beat Trebol after that
Chapter 784 was Gear Four vs Doffy
Chapter 785 was the second chapter of G4 vs Doffy and ended with Leo Bazooka
Chapter 786 to 789 Luffy was down from G4. Last page of 789 is Luffy returning and stopping Puppet Rebbeca from killing Viola
Chapter 790 is King King Gun. It’s the only attack Luffy landed on Doffy.
Chapter 791 is official confirmation that Doffy was defeated.

What’s that mean for Wano? Basically, the next punch could be the last one quite easily when it lands. Luffy didn’t come back from the fight with Doffy then have another big fight. It was over with one punch.

We have also seen far, far more of Luffy vs Kaido than Luffy vs Doflamingo.

Last edited:
Chapter ending with a direct juxtaposition of Wano's citizens releasing their lanterns wishing to be free of Kaido/Orochi while the MC is about to punch a dozen of kilometers big fire dragon with his island sized punch that has been in preparation for over a chapter and half. Say what you want about Oda stalling, but he does know how to crescendo and this feels like it hit the peak. Genuinely, the only way I could see it not being the end if Oda does a twist and Luffy loses, and the raid fail. Which is ludicrous
The only things I feel at this point are some oddities that either can be addressed or just not at all, but we'll see:

- Kaido not using the last Wisdom King move yet is odd (unless it happens next week), since he's done the other 4. Maybe it doesn't happen at all, but that would be odd.

- No "Luffy vs Kaido" is very odd for an arc that did set the precedent. Like usually if there aren't vs chapters in an arc (Alabasta, FI, Dressrosa, etc), then it does not matter, but in basically all focal points, Luffy does tend to get one if most of his group does. Sure, Franky didn't get one. Killer didn't either. But Zoro/Sanji/Kid/Law did, in top of Robin/Jinbe, and thats odd to me that he wouldn't, being the MC. Again, could happen next week, may just never happen.

- There have been increasing and justified concerns about the lack of Kaido's flashback/past. Like even this chapter was focused on the 20 year plight, and while we never saw it, is revisiting some things we've already known. So it is....weird. Again, though, not guaranteed.

- People (not me) find it odd his awakening is missing or not specified. I understand this ideal at least on a basic level. For sure, I've been saying it's probably just his bigger hybrid form. But the counter argument is why Oda hasn't alluded to it. It's odd that Luffy gets to have a new form and Kaido's is temporary doped up attacks then.

- A lot of hidden lore/mystery that we personally just have no idea. Zunesha, the dawn, country of Gold, Onigashima's past name, etc. Though I expect much if this to he addressed post-defeat.

So there is argument to just see the fight ongoing. Do I think it will? Not really, but could Oda miraculously subvert expectations of this entire thing? Potentially yeah.

I've decided to not be on that side of the argument, even though I would rather take a big L and let everyone have those things above, and if it took 5-10 more chapters. Idk, we have to revisit this next week really, unless it somehow stalls again....

The odd thing for me is that the dawn doesn't seem anywhere near.
And no Luffy vs Kaidou chapter, I am going to against my guts and my previous posts and just say that Luffy will send Kaido into the Capital and the fight will continue there at least for a chapter.
We do need a Snakeman vs Katakuri type of chapter for Gear 5 because at least for me, it has been underwhelming.

And no Luffy vs Kaidou chapter, I am going to against my guts and my previous posts and just say that Luffy will send Kaido into the Capital and the fight will continue there at least for a chapter.
We do need a Snakeman vs Katakuri type of chapter for Gear 5 because at least for me, it has been underwhelming.
The dawn can totally happen the same time at Kaido's defeat, just like in Thriller Bark

You got that chapter for ACoC... ACoC pretty much put Luffy almost on par with Kaido. But Kaido is special. Oda wanted something flashier for the end.

All "Gear 5" is doing now is giving Luffy a larger/flashier finisher than his previous Gears. If you read Oda's comments, to him "the end" is just there about satisfying his readers. He can come up with a gajillion ways to end the battle.

We’ve seen more of G5 already than we did Bounceman in Dressrosa or Snakeman in WCI.

The dawn can totally happen the same time at Kaido's defeat, just like in Thriller Bark
Though, the sun was rising already during their fight.

Idk, I'm at a point were if it ended next week, id be pretty satisfied overall, but definitely would NOT complain if he just decided to keep going with this somehow.

There are certainly aspects to this I still would like to see, but then again there were things I wanted from the F6, Big Mom's crew, Jack, Queen and Big Mom that I didn't get either lol. Basically every fight outside of King, and even there I still wished he displayed an obvious zoan awakening (which I've given up on at this point for any zoan)

Edit: By keep going, I don't mean this clash. That needs to end, and I dislike the stalling. If it's the end, then good. If the 30+ people that voted yes, including me, take an L because Kaido is still up, then even better lmao

Last edited:
I’d like to see more from Kaido‘s character but have no interest in Luffy vs Kaido continuing any longer. I don’t think we can get anymore from that than we have already got
It needs to be elevated. I.e. Kaido legitimately needs to have another powerup. Otherwise, it's just going to be the same type of fight if he tanks the punch.

At that point, if he doesn't, then I agree it makes no sense to continue the fight.

No, Zoro will fight Kaido again

also we still don't know anything about Kaido and why Wano is special, Zunisha didn't do anything as well

if anything if the punch is Luffy final attack the fight won't end well for him

Either hod monkey will finish Kaido or one more attack will do either way Kaido is gonna be defeated in at most three chapters focused on the fight.

No, Zoro will fight Kaido again

also we still don't know anything about Kaido and why Wano is special, Zunisha didn't do anything as well

if anything if the punch is Luffy final attack the fight won't end well for him
So then Zoro gets to fight on the roof, get healed in order to fight King and wins, effects wear off, near death, and then magically gets healed or recovers AGAIN? Come on...Thats shit writing for Zoro point blank period.

So then Zoro gets to fight on the roof, get healed in order to fight King and wins, effects wear off, near death, and then magically gets healed or recovers AGAIN? Come on...Thats shit writing for Zoro point blank period.
Zoro will magically get healed and fly to the roof and again fly to dragon Kaido to behead him then throw his head all the way to the flower capital despite not being close anymore so people can witness it… it’s pretty simple mate just believe in Zoro Jesus piece.