Current Events Will Kaido be defeated from Luffy's island sized punch?

Will Kaido be defeated by Luffy's island sized punch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’ve seen more of G5 already than we did Bounceman in Dressrosa or Snakeman in WCI.
That's not my point though.
Although we have seen more of it, it has been underwhelming. Snakeman wasn't and Boundman wasn't they were pretty overwhelming showcases of power.
And that's just my personal opinion and taste for what I would like to see as well.
Post automatically merged:

The dawn can totally happen the same time at Kaido's defeat, just like in Thriller Bark
I don't remember quite well how Oda set this up, did the dawn suddenly came up with no previous warnings?

You got that chapter for ACoC... ACoC pretty much put Luffy almost on par with Kaido. But Kaido is special. Oda wanted something flashier for the end.

All "Gear 5" is doing now is giving Luffy a larger/flashier finisher than his previous Gears. If you read Oda's comments, to him "the end" is just there about satisfying his readers. He can come up with a gajillion ways to end the battle.
What I mean is a satisfying way of showcasing Gear 5 which at least to me has been pretty underwhelming as of now.
Every major thing Luffy did on it failed to land on Kaido and that takes a toll on its presentation.

I hope he will finish this using something similar to Thor Axe in the Shiki movie, but I would appreciate something we have never seen the better if Luffy will truly solo defeat him

Let me break it down for you:
Enel uses his strongest attack --> He loses
Moria uses his strongest attack --> He loses
Doflamingo uses his strongest attack --> He loses
Kaido uses his strongest attack --> ???

Let me break it down for you:
Enel uses his strongest attack --> He loses
Moria uses his strongest attack --> He loses
Doflamingo uses his strongest attack --> He loses
Kaido uses his strongest attack --> ???
I'm actually with you there, but realize we only knew those were their strongest attacks after they were defeated. We can't really use hindsight bias to determine that. We don't actually know that this is Kaido's strongest attack, not until we see if he's done or not.

I'm actually with you there, but realize we only knew those were their strongest attacks after they were defeated. We can't really use hindsight bias to determine that. We don't actually know that this is Kaido's strongest attack, not until we see if he's done or not.
kaido's move list is infinitely big, yeah. im not sure this is his final attack. doesnt feel like it to me at least. especially since hes just clashing with the big fist

I’d always pictured Luffy beating Kaido with him in hybrid or base form, not beast. I think that’s been the case for every Zoan enemy in the series except Page One.

But Kaido being a dragon is a very big deal and ties in to the background of Wano, so it would make sense for his big finale to be in dragon form.

So I’m torn.

I’d always pictured Luffy beating Kaido with him in hybrid or base form, not beast. I think that’s been the case for every Zoan enemy in the series except Page One.

But Kaido being a dragon is a very big deal and ties in to the background of Wano, so it would make sense for his big finale to be in dragon form.

So I’m torn.
Same lol

@LANJI CUCKSMOKE I had a thought on your comment and it became a jumbled mess lol. Disregard.

Last edited:
Does the Fire Festival have any real life equivalent festival for Japanese folks? :snoopy:
If yes we can use it to determine at which hour the folks release the lanterns to see if we are anywhere near the dawn yet

You got that chapter for ACoC... ACoC pretty much put Luffy almost on par with Kaido. But Kaido is special. Oda wanted something flashier for the end.

All "Gear 5" is doing now is giving Luffy a larger/flashier finisher than his previous Gears. If you read Oda's comments, to him "the end" is just there about satisfying his readers. He can come up with a gajillion ways to end the battle.
Stop your BS. Its stated Luffy is physically stronger in G5 not just flashier. When Luffy got ACoC he wasn't almost on par with shit thats why he still struglling even in G5.

I doubt Kaido strongest attack isn't using his club