Fanclub Yamato, Daughter of Kaidou Fanclub

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I wish Yamato got intoduced in PH rather than this late
How could she have been introduced in Punk Hazard?
:choppawhat:

It would have been another character entirely and not Yamato. Yamato's core concept requires her to have been imprisoned on Onigashima. She could never have been introduced before then.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
How could she have been introduced in Punk Hazard?
:choppawhat:

It would have been another character entirely and not Yamato. Yamato's core concept requires her to have been imprisoned on Onigashima. She could never have been introduced before then.
I don't think her being imprisoned is that unchangeable considering Kaido respected Oden and wanted a son and Yamato kinda fulfils both of those roles. Whole imprisoned plot is just Oda repeating himself where the "princess" is in need of saving - Rebecca - Vivi - Pudding and repeat

Meanwhile her being in PH could have been easily done. We know Doffy knew about the samurai being at PH - Dressrosa - Zou and likewise Kanjuro knew too. So by that relation the news could have reached Kaido and Yamato likewise.

So Yamato would know the location of Momo and would embark on her quest to track him down for Kaido but in reality she would wanna save Momo thus enabling Yamato still having her Oden plot while being introduced early and not making her a damsel in distress

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I don't think her being imprisoned is that unchangeable considering Kaido respected Oden and wanted a son and Yamato kinda fulfils both of those roles. Whole imprisoned plot is just Oda repeating himself where the "princess" is in need of saving - Rebecca - Vivi - Pudding and repeat
No it's a core component of Yamato's character.

It's a core component of Yamato's backstory.

It's the reason for Yamato's dream.

It is the entire reason Yamato is fighting Kaido.

It's not just a Princess thing, if you changed that, we wouldn't have Yamato but a different character entirely.

It's not that you can't change the imprisonment plot, it's that the end product wouldn't be "Yamato".

Changing Yamato's imprisonment would be like removing Ohara from Robin's backstory. Preskip Robin wouldn't be Robin anymore.

A Yamato that was never imprisoned is not the Yamato we know but someone else entirely.

So Yamato would know the location of Momo and would embark on her quest to track him down for Kaido but in reality she would wanna save Momo thus enabling Yamato still having her Oden plot while being introduced early
Kaido trusting Yamato with missions out of Onigashima changes their dynamic entirely. In your scenario Yamato has none of her personal motivation for opposing Kaido.

Like I don't think you understand how major the changes you're describing will be to Yamato. The end product will share nothing in common with current Yamato but liking Oden. And maybe not even that.

Yamato admired Oden in part because he lived a life free of all restrictions and external forces.

For Yamato to be Kozuki Oden is to be free.

If Kaido was not the oppressive father.
If Kaido had never tried to control her entire life.

If Yamato was never a caged bird, she wouldn't have latched on to the first beacon of freedom she found.

Even Yamato's aspirations to Oden are because Oden lived a life so much more liberated than hers.

and not making her a damsel in distress
Yamato never felt like a damsel in distress to me.

If your suggestions were implemented, we wouldn't have Yamato.

Kaido would have a daughter, but she would be nothing like Yamato.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
No it's a core component of Yamato's character.

It's a core component of Yamato's backstory.

It's the reason for Yamato's dream.

It is the entire reason Yamato is fighting Kaido.

It's not just a Princess thing, if you changed that, we wouldn't have Yamato but a different character entirely.

It's not that you can't change the imprisonment plot, it's that the end product wouldn't be "Yamato".

Changing Yamato's imprisonment would be like removing Ohara from Robin's backstory. Preskip Robin wouldn't be Robin anymore.

A Yamato that was never imprisoned is not the Yamato we know but someone else entirely.

Kaido trusting Yamato with missions out of Onigashima changes their dynamic entirely. In your scenario Yamato has none of her personal motivation for opposing Kaido.

Like I don't think you understand how major the changes you're describing will be to Yamato. The end product will share nothing in common with current Yamato but liking Oden. And maybe not even that.

Yamato admired Oden in part because he lived a life free of all restrictions and external forces.

For Yamato to be Kozuki Oden is to be free.

If Kaido was not the oppressive father.
If Kaido had never tried to control her entire life.

If Yamato was never a caged bird, she wouldn't have latched on to the first beacon of freedom she found.

Even Yamato's aspirations to Oden are because Oden lived a life so much more liberated than hers.

Yamato never felt like a damsel in distress to me.

If you had your way, we wouldn't have Yamato.
Bruh you can make Yamato work in X amount of ways. Her being imprisoned is just another damsel plot. Ive seen fan fics done in a far better way Oda did.

Same way Oda made Yamato what she is now he could have made her to be any other thing.

Her wanting to be free is no different than most damsels we met so far