Character Discussion Yamato is Stronger Than King

How does Yamato compare to King?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
This isn't going in the power levels subforum because this isn't a traditional powerscaling post.

Her battle with Kaido is Yamato's main fight in this arc. Not just in this arc, it's the main fight of Yamato's life. Yamato is fighting for her freedom, for the right to forge her own path, the right to choose her future. This is a battle for self-determination:

Yamato will never again wage a battle with such deeply personal stakes. No matter what happens from here on out, never again will Yamato be fighting for her very soul. She'll never again fight for the right to assert her own existence as an independent person.

If you think the most important fight of their life for a character as important to the plot as Yamato is going to end with Yamato getting stomped, then you're not only reading the wrong manga, you're reading the wrong genre.

One Piece is a feel good Shounen. When such battles are waged, it never ends with the character getting stomped. Yamato will lose eventually, but Oda is not going to draw Yamato getting no/low diffed against Kaido when she's fighting for the most noble motive of all.

Like what message do you think Oda will be trying to send by that?

Yamato vs Kaido is Wano's equivalent of Law vs Doflamingo.

Just as Law lived the last 13 years to strike down Kaido:

Yamato has longed to be free of Kaido for at least the last 20 years:

Ace told her not to let Kaido chain her heart:

And now, 4 years later she's come to break that chain:

Before you start jerking off to your headcanon powerscaling, actually understand the narrative at play here. Understand what this fight means for Yamato's character. Understand the genre you're reading.

Just as Doffy reserved the position of "Corazon" for Law (and not Pica or Vergo):

It is Yamato (and not King) that Kaido seeks to make Shogun:

Yamato vs Kaido is Wano's equivalent of Doflamingo vs Law. Claiming that King is stronger than Yamato is about as sensible narratively as claiming that Pica was stronger than Doflamingo.

Because Law's main fight of the arc was vs Doflamingo, he had no business being weaker than Doffy's strongest subordinate.
Because Yamato's main fight of the arc is vs Kaido, she has no business being weaker than Kaido's strongest subordinate.

@Abysmal
@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Arrow
@Artorias
@BaboonMihawk
@baboura
@Benn beck
@Biff
@Bittersteel
@Blackbeard
@BleakAsh
@Bogard
@bottleinlaw
@Bounty
@Buusatan94
@Camie
@CaptainJackSparrow
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Cinera
@Cobra.
@comrade
@Cross_Marian
@Dark Hound
@Debanv
@djiayebee
@Doggo
@Dr_Professor83
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enryu
@Extravlad
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Fukki
@FW123
@Garp the Fist
@Gensui Sazid
@Go D. Trussop
@God Ward
@Gol D. Roger
@GreenEggsAHam
@Hakuba-EneL
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@Ichiro Miyata
@Jackteo
@Janshal
@Jew D. Boy
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@Kikodog78
@King of the world
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@knuckleheadninja
@kumae
@Kuroraito
@kurwa
@Lampyris
@Light D Lamperouge
@Liquidhate
@Lobotomizedrobot
@LolonoisZolo
@LordVinsmoke
@Lucas
@Luffy is the mc
@Luslec
@Marimo_420
@MarineHQ62
@Master OF Haki
@mckengrie
@Midnight Delight
@Mochiman
@Monkey D Theories
@MonsterKaido
@MonsterZoro
@Murilo
@Natalija
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@NotTommy
@ODIAK D.TSEGNORTS
@Pantheos
@Patryipe
@Peroroncino
@playa4321
@Prince Kronos
@Punpun
@Queen
@Raphaelxblack
@RayanOO
@Reddot4
@Reign
@Rivaille
@RobertoTheOharaSurvivor
@Robin swan
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Ryuma
@Sabriya
@Sade
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@scoobie3
@Screws Loose242
@Sentinel
@ShadowStyle369
@Shanal
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@Shisui_038
@shuyaku
@silverfire
@SmokedOut
@sneko
@solis
@Stack Bundles Chinx
@Stalker
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@Sunita
@Syphin
@TheAncientCenturion
@TheKnightOfTheSea
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Tris
@True God Moe
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Venom
@Vonal
@Weeman
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Yo Tan Wa
@Yoshioka Seijuro
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro D Goat
@zoroebok
@Zorojuro
@Zowo

Last edited:
Just as Doffy reserved the position of "Corazon" for Law (and not Pica or Vergo):

It is Yamato (and not King) that Kaido seeks to make Shogun:

Yamato vs Kaido is Wano's equivalent of Doflamingo vs Law. Claiming that King is stronger than Yamato is about as sensible narratively as claiming that Pica was stronger than Doflamingo.
Just as Whitebeard tried to make Ace (and not Marco) the Pirate King yet it's clear Marco > Ace.

Rest of your post doesn't prove Yamato > King, it just explains that her situation is similar to Law's.

She is probably in the huge gap between YCs and Vets/F6 lvl or at best close to Jack’s lvl and I’m pushing and being generous lol.

her fight against Kaido is gonna be an emotion kind of fight nothing more and will serve as a FB start point for both characters.

her fight against Kaido is at best lower half of low diff depending on her CoO and reaction speed to dodge Kaido’s attacks that’s before getting stomped by him and saved by Luffy.

Cinera let’s not make this thread age badly like the others lol much love the mate.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Just as Whitebeard tried to make Ace (and not Marco) the Pirate King yet it's clear Marco > Ace.
Ace with 2 years more training is Yamato.

But this wasn't meant to prove Yamato > King. It was to explain how Yamato's situation is similar to Law's.

Rest of your post doesn't prove Yamato > King, it just explains that her situation is similar to Law's.
Yes, that's my point.

King > Yamato is as sensible a position as Pica > Law.

The story required Law to put up a fight against Doflamingo. The story requires Yamato to put up a fight against Kaido.

Well just pointing that out because it seems to me that 1 of reasons you think Yamato > King is because of Kaido wanted Yamato and not King, as the Shogun.

Imo her being Kaido's child matters too. Just like in some company, the boss wants their family to fill the high ranked positions although there is a better candidate among his employees.

Yes, that's my point.

The story required Law to put up a fight against Doflamingo. The story requires Yamato to put up a fight against Kaido.
I disagree. Just because the situation is similar to Law, doesn't mean Law > Pica will instantly apply too here in Yamato > King.

P.s.
Did you check me tagging you in chapter thread earlier? I think one more reason ZKK won't happen and explain it there.

Last edited:

But this wasn't meant to prove Yamato > King. It was to explain how Yamato's situation is similar to Law's.

Yes, that's my point.

Nah that's Sabo. He even has the same fruitn

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
She is probably in the huge gap between YCs and Vets/F6 lvl or at best close to Jack’s lvl and I’m pushing and being generous lol.

her fight against Kaido is gonna be an emotion kind of fight nothing more and will serve as a FB start point for both characters.

her fight against Kaido is at best lower half of low diff depending on her CoO and reaction speed to dodge Kaido’s attacks that’s before getting stomped by him and saved by Luffy.

Cinera let’s not make this thread age badly like the others lol much love the mate.
Before you start jerking off to your headcanon powerscaling, actually understand the narrative at play here. Understand what this fight means for Yamato's character. Understand the genre you're reading.
If you honestly believe what you said, you're simply reading the wrong genre.

One Piece is not a story where headcanon powerscaling takes precedence over the narrative.

Luffy faced Kaido too and isnt stronger than King either... Law, Kidd and Killer did too and arent stronger than King...
Zori is the only man on the island who is stronger than King.
None of those people have the same relationship with Kaido than Yamato did.

Only Luffy and Zoro properly faced Kaido in a 1 vs 1.

Luffy is >> King.

you honestly believe what you said, you're simply reading the wrong genre.

One Piece is not a story where headcanon powerscaling takes precedence over the narrative
I do understand the narrative mate... this fight doesn’t have to be anything insane to make Yamato’s character development and story any better. This fight has two purposes imo.

1- free Yamato from his chains and the only way is for Luffy to save the day.
2- provide more story on those two characters using a FB.

Yamato isn’t and doesn’t have to be as strong as King or even stronger. You telling me it’s not about headcanon powerscaling yet you are the one doing it from the start in the title.