Questions & Mysteries Why people keep pushing Queen vs Sanji?

I still believe Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen may happen, what can I say. How the main villains of the arc are having their fight already while most minor versus haven't started and many aren't even established sounds fishy as hell, and I still find those two Calamities to be way too "Zoro and Sanji"-like for Oda to ignore it.

Also, Queen is the kind of guy that would give us a funny and entertaining fight with Sanji, and it'd be easy for Oda to add a layer of deeper meaning to their clash considering the themes they share. Queen is the person with the most potential to give an attractive fight for the cook, in my opinion (if Oda doesn't waste it, of course).
I think exactly the same.

- The dynamic between King and Queen is very reminiscent of Zoro and Sanji.
- Queen's comment about Judge is not casual.
- That Zoro has learned to cut fire and King's title is "Wildfire" is also not coincidental.
- If King is going to be Marco's versus and not Zoro's, why bother giving him a sword?

In short, there are enough hints to think that Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen is still possible.

I think exactly the same.

- The dynamic between King and Queen is very reminiscent of Zoro and Sanji.
- Queen's comment about Judge is not casual.
- That Zoro has learned to cut fire and King's title is "Wildfire" is also not coincidental.
- If King is going to be Marco's versus and not Zoro's, why bother giving him a sword?

In short, there are enough hints to think that Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen is still possible.
There's also this issue with Oda, which is that he sometimes can't decide himself to follow one route or another. He wanted a big sacrifice with Pell, but couldn't let him die; he wanted this big scene with Mr. 2 opening the gates then having Magellan ask him some last words only for him to stay alive as the new queen of level 5.5; he wanted a tragic, mafia-style moment with Pound dying to save his family, impactful panel of Oven's blade dripping blood and all, but also a happy reunion with his daughters; he wanted Inuarashi and Nekomamushi to avenge the minks against Jack but couldn't give them a proper fight against him because he also wanted them to face Kaido as Scabbards, and he probably wants Jack to have a proper versus too and therefore needed him to survive and go recover...

What do I mean with all of this? Well, basically that I have zero trust on Oda sticking to this plot of new generation versus old generation and wasting the Zoro versus King/Sanji versus Queen parallel as in other big fighting arcs. Hence why I wouldn't be surprised if he just developed both subplots.

Either way. Queen's backstory with Judge gives no reason for Queen to fight Sanji. This could just be easy set-up for a FB between all the scientists when Vegapunk arrives. Oda has no time to give Queen a FB and hes not even relevant enough to get one, especially since Oda is rushing things. Why would Queen start telling Sanji a full FB during a fight. Why would Sanji even want to fight Queen, if Queen hates Judge....they both hate him. And if Queen was Judge's fanboy, then he wouldn't want to fight Sanji. The fight would have to be forced for it to happen.

Now with Sanji vs King we've got many different set-ups:

- They've already clashed and King failed in killing him

- King believes the war is won when Momo is dead, and Sanji was the one who saved him

- Theres already been 2 instances in Onigashma with Sanji trying to save Momo;
. When he saved him from the execution
. When he attempted to save him from Kanjuro

- Yamato trying to get Momo out of Onigashma but failing due to them being in the air....could result in Sanji flying Momo out of Onigashma. King would then chase them since Momo is what would win the Beast Pirates the War.

- Also set-up for Momo introducing Sanji to Hiyori as a reward. Potentially due to Sanji protecting Momo from King.

Sanji vs King has a lot of set-up, and is more than just a cool looking fight. And a hell of a lot more than Sanji just beating the stronger Calamity.

Such a dumb post lmao. You seriously thought you did sumn smh.

We want King because it would be a better and more aethestic fight against a more serious opponent instead of a goofy clown whos fat and immboile. It has nothing to do with strength.
You want King because he’s stronger than Queen is. The same way when you wanted Sanji to fight Daifuku you were trying to make him out to be a former Sweet Commander. If King and Queen’s names were swapped around you’d be jizzing yourself silly about Oda setting up a fight with a YC1.

Where was this interest in a “serious opponent“ when you were giving us all that tripe about “King’s Merienda?” You were wanting your “serious opponent“ to be running around in the middle of a war playing around woth hookers, just because you were desperate for it to set up Sanji fighting the strongest Beast Pirate aside from Kaido.

I imagine you must hate Sanji vs Mr 2, given he was an all-singing, all-dancing Okama throwing gags out throughout his fight, and not the uber serious Mr 1?

There's also this issue with Oda, which is that he sometimes can't decide himself to follow one route or another. He wanted a big sacrifice with Pell, but couldn't let him die; he wanted this big scene with Mr. 2 opening the gates then having Magellan ask him some last words only for him to stay alive as the new queen of level 5.5; he wanted a tragic, mafia-style moment with Pound dying to save his family, impactful panel of Oven's blade dripping blood and all, but also a happy reunion with his daughters; he wanted Inuarashi and Nekomamushi to avenge the minks against Jack but couldn't give them a proper fight against him because he also wanted them to face Kaido as Scabbards, and he probably wants Jack to have a proper versus too and therefore needed him to survive and go recover...

What do I mean with all of this? Well, basically that I have zero trust on Oda sticking to this plot of new generation versus old generation and wasting the Zoro versus King/Sanji versus Queen parallel as in other big fighting arcs. Hence why I wouldn't be surprised if he just developed both subplots.
Zoro is not going to fight king buddy . He’s going to grow
In the fight against yonko . King is nothing but a one chapter one shot for zoro. Drake and Sanji will tag team queen while
Marco beats king .
Post automatically merged:

Either way. Queen's backstory with Judge gives no reason for Queen to fight Sanji. This could just be easy set-up for a FB between all the scientists when Vegapunks. Oda has no time to give Queen a FB and hes not even relevant enough to get one, especially since Oda is rushing things.

Now with Sanji vs King we've got many different set-ups:

- They've already clashed and King failed in killing him

- King believes the war is won when Momo is dead, and Sanji was the one who saved him

- Theres already been 2 instances in Onigashma with Sanji trying to save Momo;
. When he saved him from the execution
. When he attempted to save him from Kanjuro

- Yamato trying to get Momo out of Onigashma but failing due to them being in the air....could result in Sanji flying Momo out of Onigashma. King would then chase them since Momo is what would win the Beast Pirates the War.

- Also set-up for Momo introducing Sanji to Hiyori as a reward. Potentially due to Sanji protecting Momo from King.

Sanji vs King has a lot of set-up, and is more than just a cool looking fight. And a hell of a lot more than Sanji just beating the stronger Calamity.
Sanji is not going to fight king . Why do you continue to do this to yourself

Zoro is not going to fight king buddy . He’s going to grow
In the fight against yonko . King is nothing but a one chapter one shot for zoro. Drake and Sanji will tag team queen while
Marco beats king .
Zoro will do what Oda ultimately wants him to do. I'm just considering scenarios, the only certainty will come in the future after Wano is over. Simple as that.

You want King because he’s stronger than Queen is. The same way when you wanted Sanji to fight Daifuku you were trying to make him out to be a former Sweet Commander. If King and Queen’s names were swapped around you’d be jizzing yourself silly about Oda setting up a fight with a YC1.

Where was this interest in a “serious opponent“ when you were giving us all that tripe about “King’s Merienda?” You were wanting your “serious opponent“ to be running around in the middle of a war playing around woth hookers, just because you were desperate for it to set up Sanji fighting the strongest Beast Pirate aside from Kaido.

I imagine you must hate Sanji vs Mr 2, given he was an all-singing, all-dancing Okama throwing gags out throughout his fight, and not the uber serious Mr 1?
Lmao you seriously think you're some kinda psychic.....trying to generalise everyone.

I wanted Sanji to originally fight Queen, however I eventually changed my opinion last year when I realised that Sanji would have a far better fight with King. I didnt change because King was stronger, since when they both got introduced I was on the Sanji vs Queen train. However like I said, after finding out Queen was a branchsourous and a fat oath who cant fight properly, I changed my mind. Then Sanji vs King clash happened and Oda further reinforced for me that Sanji will fight King. Again stop trying to pretend you can read people.

Katakuri had a merienda....did he become a goofy clown like Queen afterwards ? King getting a merienda wouldnt make him a goofy character, just a character with a goofy moment. Theres a big difference.

Not really, the main reason I dont want Sanji vs Queen is because it would look shit for Sanji to fight a fat Sumo man...who doesnt even hax or special abilities to make up for it. Mr 2 gave Sanji a good fight, so no I dont hate it. Do I wish he was more serious ? Yes.....But ofcourse theres always gonna be a con to every fight.

Like I said if Sanji fights Queen its not the end of world....If Oda can potentially slim him down and let him keep up with Sanji. Other than that I really wouldnt want a fight between them.

And Zoro would neg diff King in a comptetion of being a lifeless corpse of a character. Still doesnt mean they'll fight.
Moment ago king was serious person which u choose over queen and now turned into dead corpse. Seems like u love zoro's seriousness and hate sanji's goofiness but you cant accept it.Therefore telling it indrectly on characters which resembles them

Moment ago king was serious person which u choose over queen and now turned into dead corpse. Seems like u love zoro's seriousness and hate sanji's goofiness but you cant accept it.Therefore telling it indrectly on characters which resembles them
I dont want King to be a good character or interesting. I want him to be a good opponent. King being a good character is already thrown out the window. I dont give a fuck about his characterisation. Tbh I dont care much about OP characters since theyre inconsistent messes.

I just want King to give Sanji a good fight.

I am okay with Sanji vs Queen or King but.... Sanji vs Queen is just boring and a stupid match up for me, why would anyone wanna see a fight between a fast character with agility versus a fat and slow character? Sanji vs King looks WAYYYYYYY BETTER, both are flying,fast, use kicks and fire. Imagine what would the filler(anime) fight vs King would look like in a fast paced combat. I am okay with both opponents but versus King is just more aesthetic of a fight. Flying fast kick clashes is the thing i want to see.

I am okay with Sanji vs Queen or King but.... Sanji vs Queen is just boring and a stupid match up for me, why would anyone wanna see a fight between a fast character with agility versus a fat and slow character? Sanji vs King looks WAYYYYYYY BETTER, both are flying,fast, use kicks and fire. Imagine what would the filler fight vs King would look like in a fast paced combat. I am okay with both opponents but versus King is just more aesthetic of a fight. Flying fast kick clashes is the thing i want to see.
Exactly my point. Like Sanji has never fought a fat fuck ever. Aside from Wadatsumi and Satori...who he oneshotted and wasnt even a match for Sanji. But like in a proper fight.....Immobile fat characters cant give Sanji a good fight.

The size difference between Sanji and Queen is already off-putting, then you have the fact that Queen doesnt seem fast, and seems to rely on Weapons and Long range. It would be a horrible fight.

I dont want King to be a good character or interesting. I want him to be a good opponent. King being a good character is already thrown out the window. I dont give a fuck about his characterisation. Tbh I dont care much about OP characters since theyre inconsistent messes.

King is not fighting Sanji bucko . You have nothing to look forward to

Contradicting urself , showing king's seriousness along with queen's clowning and goofiness as reasons at your post And now dont give a shit about characterisation. Would be better to say king is stronger therefore u want it, would be honest reason