I think Sanji is a criminally underutilized character. He’s also unfairly misused and abused as well. Oda is capable of making Sanjis character relative to characters played by Jason Statham, Double 007 Bond, Jack Reacher, and Hitman 47. He could honestly become a Kaku/Rob Lucci-esque Cipher Pol Character.

And I think this character retained certain aspects all the way until Zou. After that he died off, nowhere to be seen or an empty shell of himself. I hope Oda builds him back up, and gets rid of the suit as well.

My favorite archetype of character is the stealthy behind the scenes intelligence fighter. And I also love cooking. But Oda unfortunately disrespected and degraded a very promising character like Sanji, and ran him to the ground for whatever reason he may have.

I like to see Sanji's cooking and it's great seeing that he's really made progress as a chef. At this point, it's clear the only other chef comparable to him in the New World is Streusen and seeing as Sanji replicated the man's cake through just smelling it and based on Big Mom's reaction, Sanji may be the better chef (though he had from Pudding whileboth also had help from the rest of Big Mom's chefs if I recall correctly). That is of course unless Oda decides to introduce more chefs but Big Mom was centred around food, would be strange to see chefs comparable to Sanji elsewhere in the New World. Fitting that he's one of the best since he wants find and to cook with ingredients from the All-Blue.

He's after Luffy and Zoro in panel-time in Wano...
Yeah? So, that means even Kidd and Killer have fewer panel-time than Sanji does, ya? But we all know which of those are fighting Yonkos and which is staying down to pick a bone with...what's the name of his opponent again? :cr7:

Panel-time and relevancy have nothing to do with one another. Otherwise, Sanji would be facing Yonkos while Kidd and Killer scavenge for foes downstairs. :fujilaugh:

Good for Sanji if he has the third most panel-time in Wano after the World's Strongest Duo. Sadly, he didn't even do half the things they already did or will do this arc, so...:willsmith:

Yeah? So, that means even Kidd and Killer have fewer panel-time than Sanji does, ya? But we all know which of those are fighting Yonkos and which is staying down to pick a bone with...what's the name of his opponent again? :cr7:

Panel-time and relevancy have nothing to do with one another. Otherwise, Sanji would be facing Yonkos while Kidd and Killer scavenge for foes downstairs. :fujilaugh:

Good for Sanji if he has the third most panel-time in Wano after the World's Strongest Duo. Sadly, he didn't even do half the things they already did or will do this arc, so...:willsmith:
Sanji will solo a Calamity whilst Midd and Liller won't do shit to Crydo. Keep Coping

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
To be honest I don't see a huge development for Sanji, both intrinsic character and plot wise.

I mean his situation is still rather stalled since ages. The Black Maria plot lasted little and did nothing in the Grand scheme.
I mean let's be honest. Sanji is one of the most developed character in the series and WCI proved that. In Wano, his character is still the same from before but that doesn't mean that his portrayal got worse or better.

The Black Maria plot is just a set up for Robin vs BM but that costs Sanji to be involved (another Kalifa situation) for stalling purposes like you said. And now since it's over, Sanji will finally move on and get his match-up ready.

I mean let's be honest. Sanji is one of the most developed character in the series and WCI proved that. In Wano, his character is still the same from before but that doesn't mean that his portrayal got worse or better.

The Black Maria plot is just a set up for Robin vs BM but that costs Sanji to be involved (another Kalifa situation) for stalling purposes like you said. And now since it's over, Sanji will finally move on and get his match-up ready.
Sanji may be developed, But doesn't change he's got shitty characteristics and traits.
Overly perverted, The nosebleed gag that went overboard, his whole Women thing. His character is in the toilet bowl.