• Nami vs Vasco Shot

• Sanji vs Avalo Pizarro

• Sanji vs Sanjuan Wolf

• Robin vs Catarina Devon

• Robin vs Sanjuan Wolf

• Franky vs Vasco Shot

• Franky vs Sanjuan Wolf

Results are only viewable after voting.
No it doesn't. If Oda wanted to give Burgess the diamond fruit he would've done so after the payback war
That’s not how the story works at all.

There’s multiple ways Oda can do it. Even having jozu get off screened right now during the chaos
Post automatically merged:

BlsckbeRd might not have had the chance to kill him

Burgess doesn't have a fruit he was after Ace's fruit in dressrosa. If Burgess was going to be given the diamond fruit he would have gotten it after the payback war
That’s literally not how it works

I don't see it:
  • Shiryuu is a swordsman that represents the antithesis of Zoro, so there can be an ideological conflict to their battle.
  • He offers a clear path for Zoro to mature/develop as a combatant (improving his COO).
  • He's BB's most formidable combatant.

More so than King, Shiryuu is an ideal opponent. If not him, who will Zoro face?
-How Shiliew is the anti-thesis of Zoro exactly? Except for being BB’s VC?
-Why Zoro would need to develop his CoO specifically ? Especially now after the reaveal of Adv CoC.
-What’s make Shiliew the most formidable fighter of BB? Did I miss something?

It seems to me that all this are base on the preconceived notion that Shiliew will fight Zoro rather than on actual manga facts.

I think that if Oda did not reveal the 10th titanic captain it is not an hazard...

Luffy vs Teach
Zoro vs Shiryu
Usopp vs Augur

These make the most sense.

I have to agree with @Cinera. Shiryu is deliberately designed as a dark reflection of Zoro, much like how Teach is for Luffy, and Oda devoted time to building him up as a dangerous swordsman, it would be a waste if he didn’t face the series’s most prominent swordsman. Plus I think Shiryu’s story coincides with the themes tied to Zoro’s training and growth. Those being that a sword which harms all it touches isn’t really a sword.

Absalom definitely didn’t make the most use out of his fruit. Shiryu will be an entirely different entity with it.
As I said I do not see how Shiliew is more a « dark side Zoro » than any other character.

-Why Zoro would need to develop his CoO specifically ? Especially now after the reaveal of Adv CoC.

It seems to me that all this are base on the preconceived notion that Shiliew will fight Zoro rather than on actual manga facts.

I think that if Oda did not reveal the 10th titanic captain it is not an hazard...

As I said I do not see how Shiliew is more a « dark side Zoro » than any other character.
I like shiryu vs zoro because of how they were introduced to the crew it’s reflected:

Shiryu was the last member of Blackbeard’s core crew to join just as Zoro was the first.

Shiryu was imprisoned due to his brutality but freed because of Blackbeard. Zoro was imprisoned due to his kindness but freed because of Luffy. Both times after freeing the prisoner joined and the group fought their warden.

Zoros ideology of Swordsmanship where a scar on the back is his shame is opposite of Shiryu who purposefully took a power designed to cheap shot an enemy.

I like shiryu vs zoro because of how they were introduced to the crew it’s reflected:

Shiryu was the last member of Blackbeard’s core crew to join just as Zoro was the first.

Shiryu was imprisoned due to his brutality but freed because of Blackbeard. Zoro was imprisoned due to his kindness but freed because of Luffy. Both times after freeing the prisoner joined and the group fought their warden.

Zoros ideology of Swordsmanship where a scar on the back is his shame is opposite of Shiryu who purposefully took a power designed to cheap shot an enemy.
-I do not see how you can consider Shiliew the last member of the core crew when he entered the crew at the same time as the level 6 prisoners.

-Fair point. And it is the only dark parallel between the two imo.

-That’s not the opposite because Zoro had cheap shotting enemy too. The opposite will be something like « no matter how many scar I have on my back, i rather live than accomplish my goal »

-I do not see how you can consider Shiliew the last member of the core crew when he entered the crew at the same time as the level 6 prisoners.

-Fair point. And it is the only dark parallel between the two imo.

-That’s not the opposite because Zoro had cheap shotting enemy too. The opposite will be something like « no matter how many scar I have on my back, i rather live than accomplish my goal »
That’s the last member Blackbeard personally invited. Afterwards he just had a contest and whoever won could join.

I think the ID escapees are the strongest in the crew by reputation and infamy, along with BB and Shiryuu. Avalo Pizarro, Catarina Devon, Vasco Shot, Sanjuan Wolf. 10th is a mystery for now. But there is not enough females on the other side for a matchup, would be cool if 10th is a girl. If Strawhats get another girl then its again lopsided....

But anyway, based on what i said and current knowledge:
Luffy Teach
Zoro Shiryuu
Sanji Avalo Pizarro
Jinbe Sanjuan Wolf
Franky Vasco Shot
Robin Catarina Devon/10th

Then the weaker ones:
Brook Lafitte
Usopp Van Augur
Chopper Burgess
Nami Doc/Devon

If 10th is a girl and stronger than Devon, Robin might get her. If Yamato joins then maybe she fights the 10th. So far the Strawhats are one member short, so maybe Sanjuan Wolf goes down in a colective effort before, or the Grand Fleet takes him down (in that case give Vasco Shot to Jinbe, and Burgess to Franky). Then there would be equal numbers. Also i dont think that Aokiji or Moria will fight, thats too much.

But anyway, until we see the 10th there cant be definitive answers

Their actually alot of parallels with Zoro. Just like BB is Luffy but way more scumbag. Shillew is Zoro, but way more scumbag.

-Both Swordsman who talks to their Swords
- He was giving special treatment out of the BB pirates with his own soecial arc and comparison to Magellan who neg diff BB. Which would show he was at similar strength to BB when he joined just like Zoro with Luffy. Zoro never joined Luffy because of strength or anything.
-He said he would leave the crew if this doesn't work like what Zoro said to Luffy at the start if he gets in his way.
-He talks to his Swords like Zoro does and in Wano tone. He speaks like Wano people in the Raws. Zoro most likely connected to Wano too.
-He practices some kind of Bushido where after he kills people he prays for them for being too weak, while Zoro Bushido is protecting others.

He also has a fruit that completely hides his presence which will make Zoro have to truly cut noting to win.

They are some more things, but i forget.

@Cinera

I wanna bet on something, Usopp WILL NOT face Van Auger...

Chopper + Usopp vs Doc Q and Stronger

Is my bet...

- First I believe Stronger is just like Chopper, he is no ordinary animal, he’s got a DF with strength...

- Secondly Doc Q has ability that always related to Luck, always talking about others luck...

So I feel the Alabasta Duo Team will be back here...

Van Auger I feel will not face Usopp, simply just because both are snipers from very far away... I feel Oda finds it more fun with Usopp to face a closer threat than another sniper, which is why he never faced a sniper before...while he finds joy in making him face a huuuuge creature (possibility of stronger eating a DF like chopper) and facing a guy with luck ability like Doc Q

So, Usopp has connection to both actually
And similarly Chopper is the animal of SHs like Stronger and a doctor like DocQ so also connection to both