• Robin vs Catarina Devon

• Robin vs Sanjuan Wolf

• Franky vs Vasco Shot

• Franky vs Sanjuan Wolf

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Mirror match ups. You can automatically dismiss anyone who has a role in both crews.

Luffy v. Blackbeard
Chopper v. Doc Q
Usopp v. Van Auger
Jinbe v. Jesus Burgess
Nami v. Lafiette

All of these characters have identical roles, in a show that hasn't tried to push crew roles outside the Straw Hats ever.

Zoro v. Shiryuu
Nico Robin v. Catarina Devon

Both of these are agiven, seeing as how Shiryuu shares many similarities with Zoro, especially how they both joined their crews. Catarina Devron also emphasized (or Oda did in a SBS) hunting down pretty women to kill. Nami is going against the opposing Navigator, so that leaves Robin.

Franky v. Sanjuan Wolf
Brook v. Vasco Shot
Sanji v. Pizzaro

Franky and Wolf is the most solid out of these ones. They're more process of elimination + loose connections. Sanjuan Wolf is known as the "Colossal Battleship" and we're seeing that Franky is fighting with a mech suit more and more, so it's not unreasonable to say he might fight with the Thousand Sunny or another large construct.

As for the other two... Pizzaro seems ambitious, has a North Blue connection, was a King/Royalty. And was the only Impel Down member outside of Shiryuu to have a unique set of clothing on instead of prison stripes. That makes him stand out quite a bit. If you wanna think of what crewmate deserves such a unique opponent, it's Sanji. Add in royalty connections and one towards North Blue? Yeah, seems likely with our current knowledge.

Vasco Shot and Brook? Well, Brook's always telling dumb jokes and Vasco looks like a jester. That and every other fight seems to have something to it.

Luffy vs Teach
Franky vs Burgess
Zoro vs Shiryuu
Usopp vs Van Augur
(if she joins) Yamamoto vs Avalo
Sanji vs Lafitte (Lafitte can fly, so Sanji would be a better opponent
Robin vs Catarina
Jimbe vs San Juan Wolf
Vasco Shot Vs Brook
Doc Q & Stronger vs Chopper & Nami
Law team up with Luffy or Zoro vs Kuzan ( but I don't think Kuzan is a real ally to BB.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Nah, Kuzan isn't loyal to BB and Shiryuu is Zoro's opponent.

Even if burgess ate the goro pika and magu fruits
He’s still trash

how can anyone take him seriously after he got stomped by sabo

he would be lucky if he was paired with chopper
Sabo is simply very strong.

Pre Mera Sabo had a higher bounty than Ace, suggesting that he's above him.

That’s not how the story works at all.

There’s multiple ways Oda can do it. Even having jozu get off screened right now during the chaos
Post automatically merged:

BlsckbeRd might not have had the chance to kill him
Post automatically merged:

That’s literally not how it works
Goddamn, this is stupid.

At least Burgess has advanced armament haki and have room to grow
Burgess didn't show Advanced Armament. The shockwaves were the product of a weapon.

Nah, Kuzan isn't loyal to BB and Shiryuu is Zoro's opponent.

Sabo is simply very strong.

Pre Mera Sabo had a higher bounty than Ace, suggesting that he's above him.

Goddamn, this is stupid.

Burgess didn't show Advanced Armament. The shockwaves were the product of a weapon.
I’ve heard this wrong thing so many times. It’s literally Ryou haki. You see his elbow shoot it out. Burgess is a user of advanced armament haki

Idk when the giver cards (the only information we have on the crew structure for now) allude to burgess being the strongest.
I doubt Burgess is too..

But I think Avalo Pizzaro and Catarina Devon are on the same level as Laffitte and Shiryu but no real strongest amongst the Captains.

I think it goes like ;
Bb

3 strongest captains

Rest.

I doubt Burgess is too..

But I think Avalo Pizzaro and Catarina Devon are on the same level as Laffitte and Shiryu but no real strongest amongst the Captains.

I think it goes like ;
Bb

3 strongest captains

Rest.
Nah it’s probably

Blackbeard - Strongest Emperor
Aokiji - Admiral
Burgess and Shiryu - Above Beckman
Ex Warlords - High Commander level
The Rest - Average Commander level

Burgess has nothing on Shiryu and Benn for now most likely. We shall see in the future, but I feel he will most probably stay below, it would fit the notion that no one of the SHs will probably stand close to Zoro in power.

Burgess has nothing on Shiryu and Benn for now most likely. We shall see in the future, but I feel he will most probably stay below, it would fit the notion that no one of the SHs will probably stand close to Zoro in power.
You’re going to be disappointed if you think Odas breaking the monster trio after 1000 chapters...

Burgess‘ Vivre card is very straight forward about his power being devastating even among the Titanic Captains (that includes shiryu). The only reason people down play him is because he fought a top tier in Sabo. but now it seems clear that no DF Burgess >~ calamities. When Burgess gets a devil fruit he’ll be stronger than beckman.

-Luffy vs BB
-Zoro vs Shiryu
-Usopp vs Van Augur
-Chopper vs Doc Q
are the most obvious ones.
Then we have
-Nami vs Catarina
-Brook vs Lafitte (they are too similar both in fighting style and look)
those are probable.
Then there are the remaining characters who are more difficult to guess because they have multiple connections with different opponents.
- Robin vs San Juan Wolf could happen because they can both become giants, but Franky vs San Juan Wolf also works thanks to Franky's weapons or the Sunny itself.
- Franky vs Vasco Shot could work too because both of them use a drink to "power up" (Franky the cola and Vasco is always drunk with alcool) but Franky vs Burgess is a thing too because of the wrestling theme.
- Jimbe could go either vs San Juan Wolf (parallel to Wadatsumi and battle in the sea) or Vasco Shot (both of them use liquids to fight) or Burgess (same role in the crew and similar fighting style)
- Sanji could go against either Burgess (classic type of opponent) or Avalo Pizarro ("kings" of the North Blue) or Vasco Shot (classic type of opponent) or San Juan Wolf (parallel to Wadatsumi).

You’re going to be disappointed if you think Odas breaking the monster trio after 1000 chapters...

Burgess‘ Vivre card is very straight forward about his power being devastating even among the Titanic Captains (that includes shiryu). The only reason people down play him is because he fought a top tier in Sabo. but now it seems clear that no DF Burgess >~ calamities. When Burgess gets a devil fruit he’ll be stronger than beckman.
C'mon Yasheen kun :myman:

You must be one hell of a delusional if you legitimately believe that even Current Sanji stands on Zoro's level or rather close, because that's what you are just implicating here.

Well, we’re half way through the arc, Zoro has had the opportunity to show off what he could do and is done for now. Sanji hasn’t even started Beta-chan
:cheers:
I'm looking forward these majestic feats from Sanji since a long time. I give him almost 0 chance to show to be even worthy of Zoro's time. :endthis:

Let's see if he manages to shine as much as the Grandmaster profusely did on the rooftop.

Asura Zoro is most likely capable to one shot King under the right distance meanwhile, and even Base Zoro with a Shishi Sonson might manage.

I'm looking forward these majestic feats from Sanji since a long time. I give him almost 0 chance to show to be even worthy of Zoro's time. :endthis:

Let's see if he manages to shine as much as the Grandmaster profusely did on the rooftop.

Asura Zoro is most likely capable to one shot King under the right distance meanwhile, and even Base Zoro with a Shishi Sonson might manage.
Don’t worry, theyll be legendary feats fit for the pirate kings left hand man

So the Blackbeard Pirates are:
  1. Marshall D. Teach
  2. Jesus Burgess
  3. Shiryuu
  4. Van Augur
  5. Avalo Pizarro
  6. Lafitte
  7. Catarina Devon
  8. San Juan Wolf
  9. Vasco Shot
  10. Doc Q and Stronger
  11. 10th Titanic Captain
  12. Kuzan (Ally)

I presume that the Strawhat Pirates Post Wano would be:
  1. Luffy
  2. Zoro
  3. Nami
  4. Sanji
  5. Usopp
  6. Chopper
  7. Robin
  8. Franky
  9. Brook
  10. Jimbe
  11. Yamato
  12. Law (Ally)

The numbers work out. I'll try matching up the Strawhat and Blackbeard Pirates. I'll look match up roles when they intersect and look at personality or other know information to matchup the others.

1. Luffy: Blackbeard
    1. Pretty self-explanatory actually
    2. Both Captains
  2. Zoro: Shiryuu
    1. Swordsmen
  3. Nami: Lafitte or Catarina Devon or Vasco Shot
    1. Lafitte
      1. He's the navigator
      2. I doubt this, Lafitte is also the Chief of Staff of the Blackbeard Pirates
    2. Devon
      1. She loves collecting the heads of beautiful women and so screams "designated female opponent".
      2. Her character fits best paired up against a woman weaker than her, so Yamato probably wouldn't work.
    3. Vasco Shot
      1. Like Nami he's a heavy drinker
      2. I doubt this TBH, Oda mostly gives Nami other women to fight
  4. Sanji: Avalo Pizarro or San Juan Wolf
    1. Avalo Pizarro
      1. The "Corrupt King" of the North Blue vs the Prince of Germa
    2. San Juan Wolf
      1. Wadatsumi parallels
  5. Usopp: Van Augur
    1. Both snipers
    2. Feels like Usopp's designated opponent
  6. Chopper: Doc Q
    1. Both Doctors
    2. Doc Q is known as "Death God".
    3. Doc Q (like Queen) uses science to bring suffering and is thus exactly the kind of person Chopper hates.
  7. Robin: Catarina Devon or Sanjuan Wolf
    1. Catarina Devon
      1. Devon loves collecting the heads of beautiful women and so screams "designated female opponent".
      2. She's the most dangerous female pirate to be imprisoned in Impel Down.
      3. Her character fits best paired up against a woman weaker than her, so Yamato probably wouldn't work.
    2. Sanjuan Wolf
      1. Both have abilities that let them gigantify
      2. Robin fought a "giant" Tobi Roppo in Black Maria
  8. Franky: Vasco Shot or Sanjuan Wolf?
    1. Mostly process of elimination
  9. Brook: Lafitte
    1. Like Brook, he's really skinny
    2. Lafitte fights with a cane sword (like Brook)
    3. He's capable of using hypnosis (like Brook)
    4. He's a speedster (again like Brook)
    5. He feels like he was created to be Brook's opponent
  10. Jimbe: Jesus Burgess
    1. Both are the helmsmen
    2. Both use shockwaves as their main offence
  11. Yamato: 10th Titanic Captain
    1. Luffy's 10th Recruit vs Blackbeard's
  12. Law (Ally): Kuzan
    1. If Kuzan participates in the Blackbeard vs Strawhat Pirates fight, then facing Luffy's own powerful ally as Blackbeard's ally seems fitting.
    2. If Kuzan doesn't participate, I expect Law to sit this out as well.

If I had to place bets:
  • Nami: Catarina Devon
  • Sanji: Avalo Pizarro
  • Franky: Vasco Shot
  • Robin: Sanjuan Wolf

What are your thoughts?

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Dr. Spook
@DynaMight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri @Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@luthonthedragdown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@MarimoHeado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@Princeley
@Punpun
@Queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@Ten Yaksha Blother
@Thabeast
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo
Laffitte was basically a corrupted Genzo from a west blue town, he gives the vibes of a trickster more than a straightforward swordsman like Brook as he preferred guns instead of his cane when finishing off WB. The cane might be Laffitte's own "clima-tact" or magical staff that allows him to use hypnotism, sprout wings or perform other stealth tricks.