Character Discussion What is Yamato's Devil Fruit?

What's Yamato's Devil Fruit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H

humanbeing

to be honest it could be a DF that enable flying so she can rescue Luffy but if so why didn't she fly as she was wanting to get Momo outside of Onigashima and decided to stay as Kaido lifted it.
White tiger is very possible anyway i think she has a mythical Zoan .
Some speak for a flying ability : Luffy rescue , enabling her to fight her Dad while flying
and some against: why didn't she use it to help momo but she might have offered that but Momo has declined since he wants to stay there till the end.

No, the White Tiger is a Mythical Zoan (Byakko), not a normal White Tiger:

Byakko would destroy a triceratops.

Nah, Sasaki was confident handling Yamato while she was in Base:

When she began to transform, he shit his pants:

It's her Devil Fruit that terrified him and not her raw ability. He may not even know what her Devil Fruit is. If he knew what he Devil Fruit was, then he probably would never have thought he could beat her.

He may have sensed her power level rising through COO.

• The teeth profile
    • I don't see how it could be anything but a DF hint.
  • Oda saving her DF for a special reveal
    • Is a Tyrannosaurus Rex special enough to merit that?
  • Her DF is the best DF Kaido could procure
    • Is a Tyrannosaurus Rex that much better than the DFs the Calamities and Tobi Roppo have?
Yeah... of your options I would say "he doesn't know about the DF powers."

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
T-Rex, it has to be. Oda uses every mainstream dino but not the famous of them all? Not buying it.
It doesn't fit her teeth profile:

The problem is Kaido isn’t Yamato’s villain to defeat. Hes Luffys. I know Yamato wants to fight Luffy but many times did the new addition want to fight or take out an arcs big bad (chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook) none of which got to. Yamato probably won’t be any different so giving them the natural enemy of Kaido devil fruit seems wrong
Yamato is fighting Kaido though. None of the characters you mentioned actually had protracted fights with the arc antagonists.

I also read a theory that Yamato’s transformation wasn’t to an animal but just a reversion to their true form as a failed recreation of an oni vegapunk tried to create with Kaidos DNA. (The oni mask Yamato wore also had protruding top teeth and smaller bottom teeth)
It's a terrible theory. There's nothing suggesting that Yamato isn't Kaido's biological child.

Seems the most fitting for her character, not world breaking like a fruit akin to kaidos so their actual journey would be interesting, and fits the theme of the beast pirates.
Yamato's fruit is heavily suggested to be world breaking. And a fruit akin to Kaido's fits her:
  • Her fighting style is akin to Kaido's.
  • She uses a weapon akin to Kaido's.
  • She's Kaido's only child.
  • He has very high ambitions for her.
  • She constantly challenged him.

A Dire Wolf doesn't fit her, it wouldn't terrify Sasaki, and there's no reason Oda will hide it for 30 chapters. You just don't want her to be strong.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Byakko would be the most fitting but it's gonna be tough handling Kaido if she can't fly.
I think this is a moot point:
  • None of the Scabbards could fly and they fought Dragon Kaido just fine.
  • Luffy is the only of the Supernova that could fly.
  • Byakko can probably jump really well.
  • The main fight would be in their Hybrid Forms, so this point is moot.

So my guess would actually be a King Ghidora fruit.
Any reason in particular? I guess I can request it to be added to the poll.

to be honest it could be a DF that enable flying so she can rescue Luffy but if so why didn't she fly as she was wanting to get Momo outside of Onigashima and decided to stay as Kaido lifted it.
Oda decided that Jack would rather die than reveal his Hybrid Form. If Oda was saving Yamato's Devil Fruit for a dramatic reveal, he wouldn't spoil it by having her escape Onigashima with Momonosuke.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
White tiger (not mythical) or Kirin
Why an ordinary White Tiger?

Oda has proven in many occasions not to stand out as a linear thinker.
Eh, Wano's Devil Fruits have been predicted pretty easily:
  • Kaido: Dragon
  • Orochi: Yamata no Orochi
  • Sasaki: Triceratops
  • Saber tooth Tiger was predicted for one of the Beast Pirate executives, and if I'm not mistaken, some people called Who's Who in particular.

The ones that came as a surprise:
  • Ulti
  • Black Maria

But these are random Devil Fruits that fit the characters. The White Tiger fits Yamato very well, and I don't think Oda will change her Devil Fruit just because some people anticipated it.

Why an ordinary White Tiger?

Eh, Wano's Devil Fruits have been predicted pretty easily:
  • Kaido: Dragon
  • Orochi: Yamata no Orochi
  • Sasaki: Triceratops
  • Saber tooth Tiger was predicted for one of the Beast Pirate executives, and if I'm not mistaken, some people called Who's Who in particular.

The ones that came as a surprise:
  • Ulti
  • Black Maria

But these are random Devil Fruits that fit the characters. The White Tiger fits Yamato very well, and I don't think Oda will change her Devil Fruit just because some people anticipated it.
Indeed I was referring to the surprised specifically. It's best to be wary I suppose.

Is probably a White Tiger, with all the japanese mythology we have seen in Wano, would make sense this Dragon vs Tiger thing, and by being a mythological Oda could give her some kind of different ability for her not be just the same as Rob Lucci fruit. I have seen this T-Rex idea, but its not that different from Drake fruit, and the X in Drake name in kind of a reference to a T-Rex already.

Kaido could get his hands at this mythical fruit and give it to Yamato, would make sense for his daugther to have something above what his crew have, and Oda could use this to draw some cool panels when she fight Kaido.

Another indication is that the animal theme of Zoro have confirmed to be a shark and not a tiger, what would give Yamato the place as the Tiger that is the main enemy of the Dragon in eastern mythology, and If she join the crew there wouldnt be two crewsmates with the same animal theme.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Because the white tiger is a living animal, so there's no need to create Byakko's mythical zoan.
The only reason for Yamato to have the White Tiger is because it opposes the Azure Dragon (Kaido).

A non mythical White Tiger does not have that symbolism and so is pointless.

Mythical Zoan > Ancient Zoan > Ordinary Zoan.

Kaido is not giving his only son who he wants to make Shogun an ordinary Zoan.

The big problem with the Byakko theory is that Yamato doesn't seem capable of flying since she needed ships to leave Onigashima with Momonosuke, yet Byakko literally represents the wind and the storms.

Because the white tiger is a living animal, so there's no need to create Byakko's mythical zoan.
"White tiger" isn't a "living animal" as a distinctive species but a genetic alteration of a common tiger, so it would be weird for a common zoan to be modelled after it, in my opinion. Also, the point behind Byakko isn't just symbolic but he's indeed a distinctive mythical creature, just like tanuki can be either the real raccoon dog or the mythical animal.

The big problem with the Byakko theory is that Yamato doesn't seem capable of flying since she needed ships to leave Onigashima with Momonosuke, yet Byakko literally represents the wind and the storms.

"White tiger" isn't a "living animal" as a distinctive species but a genetic alteration of a common tiger, so it would be weird for a common zoan to be modelled after it, in my opinion. Also, the point behind Byakko isn't just symbolic but he's indeed a distinctive mythical creature, just like tanuki can be either the real raccoon dog or the mythical animal.
The not flying part can be easily written off as just didn't need to fly etc... It's not that big of a deal. Also I'm pretty sure Byakko has something to do with Metal, but can also be wind.
some info I've recently saw, it's whatever... I did read on there that it can control Beasts (sounds familiar don't it?)
https://www.yokaistreet.com/byakko-the-tiger-yokai/