Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did something change in official scans
They removed the Japanese editors comment, not because it directly contradicted their shitty interpretation of sanji being both wings from a few chapters ago, but because they usually get rid of them (1020 "A final trip back to Onigashima", 1021 "Such unwavering resolve", both completely removed)
They also mistranslated mutton shot as mutton mallet, because guns are scary.

So tbh I did a reread of the raid the last 2 days and structure wise, it almost makes sense why the F6 went down so fast. Frankly altogether they get a decent amount more screentime and presence than many other OP villains do already, considering how long the raid is already (almost 50 chapters!)

Firstly from a fundamental point of view, Oda clearly does not like every crew member to be "god" so to speak. So between all 5 fights, there are very clearly varying levels of struggle between the F6. The fact that some don't use Haki while some do just fits into the mold that not every Beast Pirate is this undefeatable monster.

So things like Franky and Robin getting their fights almost works because they are not Haki users. They had the most "median" fights against their opponents. Robin being on the lower end because she struggled with Black Maria. Frankh receiving less damage because of Shogun and it just working out that way. P1 and Ulti being overwhelming for Nami/Usopp and requiring an outside force to handle them is sort of in character the other way so to speak. Jinbe destroying WsW in 3 pages the moment he got pissed was very in line with Jinbe. We've never seen his upper limit and we've never seen him that angry. He's just that scary of a guy.

Anyway, the point I'm getting to is that the Yonko crews are typically strong because of their captain and their main 3-4 subordinates. Not everyone in a Yonko crew is an unstoppable monster. Same goes for Luffy's crew. He has Zoro and Sanji. He has Jinbe and Franky. He may be getting another monster in Yamato. He may be getting another "moderate" fighter in Carrot. At the end of the day there will always be levels to his crew, even as they grow in strength and surpass a Yonko. At the end of the day Usopp will always exist. Nami will always exist. They will get stronger but not to insane God levels that make them undefeatable.

Just an FYI, but Jack himself mentions that none of the F6 are apparently strong enough for the Scabbards back in 1005. At that point, it sounded like an exaggeration, but here we are...

Anyway, i still think some of them have roles to play. I think we'll see Page 1 and Ulti more before the end, maybe they join Kid like some are predicting (they seem to fit his crews motif). Denjiro and Sasaki still have some unfinished story together. CP-0 still wants to kill WsW, so I'm sure we'll see more of that.

I just think a lot of people, admittedly including myself, wanted more clean fights, but its honestly fine that it's this way. We got plenty more to look forward to and pretty much every strawhat outside of Robin is still combat ready, so maybe we can still expect more from some of them, outside of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji (which we know will receive fantastic moments in the next 10 chapters). Maybe Usopp finally does something...
Nice read.

Especially this,
Just an FYI, but Jack himself mentions that none of the F6 are apparently strong enough for the Scabbards back in 1005. At that point, it sounded like an exaggeration, but here we are...
Scabbards > F5 really drops them tiers in perception since he was right. I think Scabbards > most strawhats bar Z/S/J

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Nice read.

Especially this,

Scabbards > F5 really drops them tiers in perception since he was right. I think Scabbards > most strawhats bar Z/S/J
Yeah, frankly in hindsight it makes more sense than not. When you go back and and make these comparisons to, what I call the "New World Big 3" so far, namely:

- Doflamingo
- Big Mom
- Kaido

You start to see that there actually is a level of consistency between crews in terms of hierarchy. However, when comparing Doffy's crew to any of the Yonko, while structurally they come off similar (like a wannabe mini Yonko crew), very clearly Kaido and BM's crews are far stronger. However all 3 crews have their "weak" links.

Comparatively, any Akazaya probably could defeat any of Doffy's crew outside of maybe Doffy. Thus I can see the statement being made about F6 on comparison to them, which I can believe are a somewhat similar calibur to Diamante, Pica and Tebol.

So when you have someone like Franky beating Senor Pink, the next logical step would likely have him beating your Trebol's, Diamante's or Pica's, which potentially could be compared to the F6 (who I don't believe are as strong as Doflamingo, would you agree?). Comparatively, you have Akazaya, such as Inu/Neko/Asura, who can very plainly fight and hold off billion beri monsters like Jack (for the time being), so then Jack's statement makes sense.

Point I'm trying to make here, is that where the F6 were defeated and how, definitely make sense. I'm sure many didn't like the lengths or the offscreening for portions of it, but it at least made sense how. Robin struggling to the point of collapsing makes sense. Franky losing General but still winning effectively, makes sense. Jinbe getting angry and destroying someone like WsW in a few pages makes sense, especially since we typically make comparisons to him with Zoro/Sanji as Luffy's strongest fighters thus far.

So at the end of the day, what separates Yonko from lesser pirate crews (Doflamingo), are themselves and their toughest confidants. And in that sense I believe Kaido, Big Mom, King. Queen and potentially Jack (maybe Smoothie? Peros? Compote? Snack?) will be far more intense/representative fights against the Yonko than the F6 could ever provide.

Imo of course. For example I don't think this hierarchy will work at all for Blackbeard/Shanks, who's crews are far more similar to Luffy's than the other Yonko or Doflamingo. Far more hearty/reliable so to speak. But also not without weak links like Usopp/Nami/Chopper in other ways

Yeah, frankly in hindsight it makes more sense than not. When you go back and and make these comparisons to, what I call the "New World Big 3" so far, namely:

- Doflamingo
- Big Mom
- Kaido

You start to see that there actually is a level of consistency between crews in terms of hierarchy. However, when comparing Doffy's crew to any of the Yonko, while structurally they come off similar (like a wannabe mini Yonko crew), very clearly Kaido and BM's crews are far stronger. However all 3 crews have their "weak" links.

Comparatively, any Akazaya probably could defeat any of Doffy's crew outside of maybe Doffy. Thus I can see the statement being made about F6 on comparison to them, which I can believe are a somewhat similar calibur to Diamante, Pica and Tebol.

So when you have someone like Franky beating Senor Pink, the next logical step would likely have him beating your Trebol's, Diamante's or Pica's, which potentially could be compared to the F6 (who I don't believe are as strong as Doflamingo, would you agree?). Comparatively, you have Akazaya, such as Inu/Neko/Asura, who can very plainly fight and hold off billion beri monsters like Jack (for the time being), so then Jack's statement makes sense.

Point I'm trying to make here, is that where the F6 were defeated and how, definitely make sense. I'm sure many didn't like the lengths or the offscreening for portions of it, but it at least made sense how. Robin struggling to the point of collapsing makes sense. Franky losing General but still winning effectively, makes sense. Jinbe getting angry and destroying someone like WsW in a few pages makes sense, especially since we typically make comparisons to him with Zoro/Sanji as Luffy's strongest fighters thus far.

So at the end of the day, what separates Yonko from lesser pirate crews (Doflamingo), are themselves and their toughest confidants. And in that sense I believe Kaido, Big Mom, King. Queen and potentially Jack (maybe Smoothie? Peros? Compote? Snack?) will be far more intense/representative fights against the Yonko than the F6 could ever provide.

Imo of course. For example I don't think this hierarchy will work at all for Blackbeard/Shanks, who's crews are far more similar to Luffy's than the other Yonko or Doflamingo. Far more hearty/reliable so to speak. But also not without weak links like Usopp/Nami/Chopper in other ways
I agree
Read the Spanish officials if you can. :kobeha:
send a link i cant find it

Last edited:
Notice how kidd immediately fell to kis knees from killer's stab.

:cheers:
True Killer is powerful, but still better than Zoro who passed out :cheers:
Post automatically merged:

Oof Big Mom is clean :kobeha: and having time of her life, what have these guys been doing:ronalaugh:?

Kid fans said he would 1v1 Big Mom like Luffy did to reflect their rivalry, now look, he's more injured than Law, not even mentioning the stab from Killer.

I guess Kid fans want us to wait until the end of the Wano before he shows that he's even as capable as Law. When is enough, enough? when can we say, for the time being, Law > Kid? Law's definitely been less of a burden and more of an asset, that much is true.
WTF? Kidd didn't rest for a moment in the whole war.
Luffy went KO dunno how many times, Zoro was a corpse and needed an elixir, even Law had a lil rest (span between rooftop and reaching Kidd vs Linlin).
Kidd and Killer never stopped kicking since the entrance on the DJ station.

Last edited:
Idc about Sanji chapters anymore, it’s just gonna be him being lackluster while Zoro steals the spotlight. It’s about as clear as day Oda hates Sanji fr fr

I wanna see Law outshine Kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.