Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with her own flashbacks, I feel that Yamato has been getting a lot of connections to Oden's flashback beyond just him joining Roger. The most blatant ones are from the Roger vs Whitebeard chapter.

For there to be these thought bubbles basically telling you to compare these scenes, it's safe to say what the intent was. You can then see more when you look at basically everything with Oden in that chapter. He and Yamato both clashed with their soon-to-be captain, witnessed the sky split in action, considered family by the crew they were leaving, and were left speechless twice by Luffy and Roger respectively. The only thing not done yet is Yamato joining Luffy at the feast when the big fight is over.

It then becomes apparent when you consider how unnecessary some of these connections are. Yamato didn't gain anything from hearing Luffy's true dream. She was going to be excited for him regardless thanks to Ace telling her to look forward to him. There's also this small detail of only Franky meeting both Yamato and Oden. With that blatant tease with Yamato passing Brook, I don't see any other reason Franky had a few lines with her. She simply could've fell down the hole with no notice from him like with Brook and there be 0 impact on the story.

Along with her own flashbacks, I feel that Yamato has been getting a lot of connections to Oden's flashback beyond just him joining Roger. The most blatant ones are from the Roger vs Whitebeard chapter.

For there to be these thought bubbles basically telling you to compare these scenes, it's safe to say what the intent was. You can then see more when you look at basically everything with Oden in that chapter. He and Yamato both clashed with their soon-to-be captain, witnessed the sky split in action, considered family by the crew they were leaving, and were left speechless twice by Luffy and Roger respectively. The only thing not done yet is Yamato joining Luffy at the feast when the big fight is over.

It then becomes apparent when you consider how unnecessary some of these connections are. Yamato didn't gain anything from hearing Luffy's true dream. She was going to be excited for him regardless thanks to Ace telling her to look forward to him. There's also this small detail of only Franky meeting both Yamato and Oden. With that blatant tease with Yamato passing Brook, I don't see any other reason Franky had a few lines with her. She simply could've fell down the hole with no notice from him like with Brook and there be 0 impact on the story.

That's pretty interesting, thanks for pointing this out. Yamato is doing so many things that are similar to what Oden did, there are still a few things missing for Yamato to replicate the Adventurous Oden lifestyle though like having Odens bounty that was never revealed and joining the PK's crew etc.

That's pretty interesting, thanks for pointing this out. Yamato is doing so many things that are similar to what Oden did, there are still a few things missing for Yamato to replicate the Adventurous Oden lifestyle though like having Odens bounty that was never revealed and joining the PK's crew etc.
Don't think I ever discussed it in this thread but it's a big red flag that Oden's bounty was never revealed. I 100% think it's being saved for when Yamato gets hers so that either it's matching or it'll be her EOS bounty. There's not any real reason to hold back Oden's bounty when we had the crazy reveal of all the big names, including Roger's bounty.

It's better imo with C4N gone. I know he was the group punching bag but after months it got so boring. Him saying the exact same arguments/insults on loop then people taking the bait so they can shit talk him or Carrot for pages on the same thing.
We need some sensible non-Yamato supporters where we can discuss their candidacy... Or talk about post-Wano possibilities...
Wouldn't say the bar has gotten too much higher. The only two anti people here are Momo x Yamato shippers :kailaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.