Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Luffy and Whitebeard Pirates were Brothers in Arms in Marineford fighting to free brother Ace. Marco and Izou are currently fighting in Wano under the Strawhat Alliance. The Grand Fleet are traveling the world spreading Luffy's influence and possibly recruiting. The division commanders pledged to Luffy so anyone they recruit (who I believe will have had interactions with Luffy) will fit.
The bond between Luffy and Whitebeard men is treated completely differently that the bond between the captains of Luffy. Everything in dressrosa was outlined to enhance that "brotherhood" feels, Paneling, storylines, but even more so, dynamic between the member. THe conflict was focus on that bond where the outlining of the marineford war was only focused on one goal: Ace. The point of having whitebeard men follow Luffy was to show that Luffy could even build allies in the tremor of war and in the most stronger crews.

2. Weevil is upset at Whitebeard Pirates for taking time away from him with his "Daddy". Weevil and Bakkin are looking for Whitebeard remnants, in particular Marco, and most likely Luffy. Weevil could drink a Fatherless/Son Sake Cup ritual after everything is reconciled with Marco as his advisor.
You are going too far here. Unless proven otherwise, Weevil wants to kill Marco, not befriend him.

3. The 56 pun is very important. The current count of members is about 5600 but if counted correctly the SH Grand Fleet is 5640. To expand on this leaves some options.
Possible

3b. If the SH Fleet were to grow larger than that then it gets tricky. 5Tamaria for 7th division would be adding another 50,000 members. That's 55,656. Adding miscellaneous members to other divisions could equal about 56,000 or 56,056 or whatever pun related sum
A bit too far again for me.. That would be much.

What did I forget? I covered and summarized ~95% of what Carrot has done. I'm not going into details that has no real impact on the story or perception of Carrot.
Still you forgot THE most emotional moment of Carrot and what define the most her value as a character

arrot did NOT have more impact than Brook when comparing their introductory arcs. Not even close
Yes she did, it's factual, go reread the arc and put every brook feets in front of Carrot's and you will see a clear difference. For example, the highlight Carrot had with the Sulong moment in unprecedented , Brook but even more, most of the strawhat didn't even come close in term of outlining. The illusion you get with Brook is that there are three chapter about his flashback at the end of the arc. But those are not his "feets on thriller bark", it's a flashback.

Concerning whole cake on the other hand, it's more debatable. Brook was indeed extremelly important in this arc, perhaps more than Carrot was.

What mystique does Carrot have now?
Her Kingbird status and her capacity to fly. There is also her lineage which is not clear and intriging. But why do you absolutely need a mystery for the character. There was no need for one with Usopp for example everything was there. Same for Zoro, same for Chopper..

I can give you writing and analyzing lessons. So that you can improve.

Nah

one piece is the best??
Yup. One Piece is most probably the best and most interesting piece of storytelling there is in the manga verse and I would dare to say so in the history of storytelling also.

One Piece is not perfect, it has flaws, sometimes big ones. But his qualities are so good that it doesn't matter.

C4N analysis website is actually good, but it’s obviously biased towards carrot. I would’ve taken it more seriously had he actually put effort to show the counter arguments against Carrot or what she is missing (biggest example is flashback)

I already explained here (multiple times) and in my blog that a flashback is just a tool. It's not something you have or don't have. A flashback is a way to tell the story. What matters is what is inside the flashback. Because when you get those elements OUT of the flashback, the need for the flashback disappear completely and the story becomes the flashback.

The reason you feel that it is bias toward Carrot is because this change a form of pattern.. but it wasn't a pattern to begin with.

Jinbe had no flashback, it was Fisher Tiger and Otohime's one, Jinbe was only "there" and acted at the end. We can see that Oda is trying new things lately in term of storytelling. So their is high chances that he decided to change his recipy too.

The next revelation of the next strawhat will be one of the biggest there is. Oda needs to surprise his readers.

But I'm open to criticism. Would you be reassured by an article listing all the arguments AGAINST the Carrot for Nakama theory ?

Where the hell u see carrot has a flying ability from? Cause the only thing she did was dodge Zoro in midair for a second, so tell me where did she fly in her base form?
carrot can glide in her sulong form but but no means can she fly lol

no idea why anyone would take that as a flying ability

Chapter 804. Carrot is in the air and dogding WHILE floating. This is called flying. SOrry mate. Even ZOro said she was. In fact even Pedro in the anime said she was able to do that.

later Carrot don't fall straightforward on Wanda's croco, she fall in a curve. Meaning that she can change her direction while being in the air. That's called flying.

I'm surprised we didn't get another art analysis on Carrot being the protagonist in this shot and Neko serving as the composition red herring.

Unless I missed it in the backlog :zorothink:
In this shot, Neko and Carrot are the protagonist. (then Neko only is the other one) In fact this is quite interesting because:

1. Carrot follows here the orders of Neko, the Guardian duke (Carrot is a musketeer)
2. They are treated in this panel as equals by the composition
3. They are heading toward the same direction. This could mean that they will fight in sync on the same target.

Quite an interesting panel indeed.

Ok so I was first alerted to this thread via my friend @Jew D. Boy's activity. He's normally the chillest dude around, but I thought it was hilarious how heated the Yamato vs Carrot debate gets.

Remember the Key & Peele skit where Obama coldly shakes hands with white constituents while warmly embracing his black brothers? Hope no one gets offended, it's just a 10 minute dumb meme and all in good fun :milaugh:
Lmao, nice one

I mean that was done through a double jump
if I remember correctly in the manga it was stated that she dodged it by jumping high

Are we in Smash bros now ?? xD
The panel depict a clear flowing curve while in the air. And there is even a "float" bubble

This is a clear flying ability.. or floating if you prefer really. Not a jump or a dodge.

And Carrot was the only mink shown to be able to do that.

The bond between Luffy and Whitebeard men is treated completely differently that the bond between the captains of Luffy. Everything in dressrosa was outlined to enhance that "brotherhood" feels, Paneling, storylines, but even more so, dynamic between the member. THe conflict was focus on that bond where the outlining of the marineford war was only focused on one goal: Ace. The point of having whitebeard men follow Luffy was to show that Luffy could even build allies in the tremor of war and in the most stronger crews.

You are going too far here. Unless proven otherwise, Weevil wants to kill Marco, not befriend him.

Possible

A bit too far again for me.. That would be much.

Still you forgot THE most emotional moment of Carrot and what define the most her value as a character

Yes she did, it's factual, go reread the arc and put every brook feets in front of Carrot's and you will see a clear difference. For example, the highlight Carrot had with the Sulong moment in unprecedented , Brook but even more, most of the strawhat didn't even come close in term of outlining. The illusion you get with Brook is that there are three chapter about his flashback at the end of the arc. But those are not his "feets on thriller bark", it's a flashback.

Concerning whole cake on the other hand, it's more debatable. Brook was indeed extremelly important in this arc, perhaps more than Carrot was.

Her Kingbird status and her capacity to fly. There is also her lineage which is not clear and intriging. But why do you absolutely need a mystery for the character. There was no need for one with Usopp for example everything was there. Same for Zoro, same for Chopper..

Nah

Yup. One Piece is most probably the best and most interesting piece of storytelling there is in the manga verse and I would dare to say so in the history of storytelling also.

One Piece is not perfect, it has flaws, sometimes big ones. But his qualities are so good that it doesn't matter.

I already explained here (multiple times) and in my blog that a flashback is just a tool. It's not something you have or don't have. A flashback is a way to tell the story. What matters is what is inside the flashback. Because when you get those elements OUT of the flashback, the need for the flashback disappear completely and the story becomes the flashback.

The reason you feel that it is bias toward Carrot is because this change a form of pattern.. but it wasn't a pattern to begin with.

Jinbe had no flashback, it was Fisher Tiger and Otohime's one, Jinbe was only "there" and acted at the end. We can see that Oda is trying new things lately in term of storytelling. So their is high chances that he decided to change his recipy too.

The next revelation of the next strawhat will be one of the biggest there is. Oda needs to surprise his readers.

But I'm open to criticism. Would you be reassured by an article listing all the arguments AGAINST the Carrot for Nakama theory ?

Chapter 804. Carrot is in the air and dogding WHILE floating. This is called flying. SOrry mate. Even ZOro said she was. In fact even Pedro in the anime said she was able to do that.

later Carrot don't fall straightforward on Wanda's croco, she fall in a curve. Meaning that she can change her direction while being in the air. That's called flying.

In this shot, Neko and Carrot are the protagonist. (then Neko only is the other one) In fact this is quite interesting because:

1. Carrot follows here the orders of Neko, the Guardian duke (Carrot is a musketeer)
2. They are treated in this panel as equals by the composition
3. They are heading toward the same direction. This could mean that they will fight in sync on the same target.

Quite an interesting panel indeed.

Lmao, nice one

The panel depict a clear flowing curve while in the air. And there is even a "float" bubble

This is a clear flying ability.. or floating if you prefer really. Not a jump or a dodge.

Well, she still won't join

Ok so I was first alerted to this thread via my friend @Jew D. Boy's activity. He's normally the chillest dude around, but I thought it was hilarious how heated the Yamato vs Carrot debate gets.

Remember the Key & Peele skit where Obama coldly shakes hands with white constituents while warmly embracing his black brothers? Hope no one gets offended, it's just a 10 minute dumb meme and all in good fun :milaugh:
lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaao you've nailed it xdxd

Yes, if you write an article that doesn't address criticism to what you're trying to sell readers will be turned off by it. It's called persuasive writing lol

Also Jinbe's flashback was Otohime's/Fisher Tiger's. It gives us an insight into Jinbe's character and goals via multiple characters.

AL sama

Red Haired

yeah this says a lot about how much of an analysis expert you really are

I m somewhat of a reviewer myself and I can easily say that one piece isn't the best thing out there
yeah

by no means is that called flying

she literally double jumped if you don't understand then google it

Just read chapter 804 zoro said that float upwards in midair never saying she was floating/flying u love make up stuff up and also why don't you use the official Viz translation

Last edited:
do you love Carrot?
Technically I like her a great deal more than I love her. To really love that character, I will need something more.

Yes, if you write an article that doesn't address criticism to what you're trying to sell readers will be turned off by it. It's called persuasive writing lol
I'll think about it then. This shallbe the last article just before my conclusion.

Also Jinbe's flashback was Otohime's/Fisher Tiger's. It gives us an insight into Jinbe's character and goals via multiple characters.
Yes, but my point was that Jinbe became the protagonist of this flashback only at it's end. it's therefore completely different that any other flashback we had with the strawhat. Oda proved with Jinbe that he was willing to change his pattern a bit, we can expect the same thing with the next strawhat.

yeah this says a lot about how much of an analysis expert you really are

I m somewhat of a reviewer myself and I can easily say that one piece isn't the best thing out there
From a pure storytelling perspective it's the best there is. Without question. Now taste are like colors. We have our own.

by no means is that called flying

she literally double jumped if you don't understand then google it
Yeah.. you are litterally ignoring the bubble in the panel here and inventing a jump that does not exist.

Does @CarrotForNakama love Carrot's feet?
Eww, she is 15!

float upwards in midair never saying she was floating/flying
Same things Floating = floating/flying
Why are you trying to resist here? Just accept that you are wrong instead of trying to twist the words to find a way to escape lol

Yes, but my point was that Jinbe became the protagonist of this flashback only at it's end. it's therefore completely different that any other flashback we had with the strawhat. Oda proved with Jinbe that he was willing to change his pattern a bit, we can expect the same thing with the next strawhat.
I think that you might be misreading Oda's intentions there. He presented Jinbe's flashback like that to fit in multiple stories into his, he did the same with Law to a lesser degree.

AL sama

Red Haired
Same things Floating = floating/flying
floating isn't flying
From a pure storytelling perspective it's the best there is. Without question. Now taste are like colors. We have our own.
it's not
Yeah.. you are litterally ignoring the bubble in the panel here and inventing a jump that does not exist.
to be precise double jump similar to sanji's air walk

it lets the user remain or move in the air by jumping in the air once

a far weaker version of air walk
this

to be precise double jump similar to sanji's air walk

it lets the user remain or move in the air by jumping in the air once

a far weaker version of air walk
Sanji is smashing the air to jump while in midair.

Carrot is flaoting directly. This is far more efficient. I don't know why you are trying to prove that Carrot doesn't fly just to prove a point. The manga is against you on this one.

I think that you might be misreading Oda's intentions there. He presented Jinbe's flashback like that to fit in multiple stories into his, he did the same with Law to a lesser degree.
Of course but Law is not a candidate or a strawhat. This is a proof that Oda is blurring the lines here.
floating isn't flying
Yes it is lol, what is that logic?

Let's agree to disagree on that one

You are still ignoring the bubble..

Sanji is smashing the air to jump while in midair.

Carrot is flaoting directly. This is far more efficient. I don't know why you are trying to prove that Carrot doesn't fly just to prove a point. The manga is against you on this one.

Of course but Law is not a candidate or a strawhat. This is a proof that Oda is blurring the lines here.

Yes it is lol, what is that logic?

Let's agree to disagree on that one

You are still ignoring the bubble..
And what does this flying argument have to do with who's gonna be the next nakama??

Ayyyyy lmao good shit

Status
Not open for further replies.