Who is a better character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you that you like it

I guess i don't like seeing the villains, that we already feel no threat / fear at all because of the plot armor of every character, turn into literal jokes in the middle of fight that's suposed to be Luffy's hardest fight yet

:kayneshrug:
You are missing the point of my post then and have set your expectations in a completely different direction than what is being set by the author.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
β€Ž
WHAT IS LODA SMOKING??!!11!! WHAT IS DIS CARTOONY BULLSHITTTT!!!11!!! WHERE'S THE TENSION??!!!

Current status of the thread.
:gokulaugh:

Don't get me wrong though, I can understand where some people are coming from. I can see a potential concern where Luffy coasts on easy street for the rest of the series.
:goyea:

But I can't help but find it hilarious at the reaction to cartoon shenanigans and the fact that Oda is actually doing it in the first place. We're in a very unique part of the story that no one really expected.

ZKK will still happen. There has to be some backdraw to that shit fruit...
Ah yes, the drawback to Luffy "magically" recovering is losing and then Zoro "magically" recovering a 2nd time with zero explanation whatsoever to kill Luffy's opponent.:pepecopium:
Post automatically merged:

Just years of his lifespan

and Chopper will heal it by the end of the series

The end

No consequences, as always in One Piece
Lifespan is not a disease lmao

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
EXPLORING EXISTENTIAL MUSINGS!!!!111!!! PONDERING THE ONTOLOGICAL DUALITY OF IMAGINATIVE AND ACTUAL!!!!11!!!! DID YOU SEE SERIAL EXPERIMENTS LAIN'S INQUIRY ON THE REALISIM VS IDEALISM METAPHYSICAL DICHOTOMY!!!!!!!!!???!!!! LOOOODA SHITTY SHONEN WRITTTEERRR!!!!!11!!!! HE REALLY DRAWING MAIN VILLAIN AS A JUMP ROPEEE@!!!!11!!

Last edited:
Good for you that you like it

I guess i don't like seeing the villains, that we already feel no threat / fear at all because of the plot armor of every character, turn into literal jokes in the middle of fight that's suposed to be Luffy's hardest fight yet

:kayneshrug:
Doflamingo got tossed around like a ragdoll for a full chapter after Luff first went G4, i think it's just a matter of patience.
We're already seeing signs of the potential drawback of G5 and we're still gonna get the "time bomb" moment with Onigashima falling so let's not act like Kaido is defeated already.

I

Indigo

You are missing the point of my post then and have set your expectations in a completely different direction than what is being set by the author.
Has the author made just Luffy the joke? or the villains too?

Did Oda make Lucci also turn into a child after Gear 3? no

DId Oda make Kuma turn into a Blue Hulk with Shadows? no

Did Oda make the Admirals and Sengoku send Death Winks? no

Oda makes gag / goofy characters do goofy shit, and serious characters still be serious

the contrast between these characters when they fight has always been funny

but Luffy now turning even serious characters into goofy enemies? sounds shit to me

We already have no fear from the villains, all we had from them is that they had cool designs and powers

and now Luffy also turns them into jokes while fighting them

Has the author made just Luffy the joke? or the villains too?

Did Oda make Lucci also turn into a child after Gear 3? no

DId Oda make Kuma turn into a Blue Hulk with Shadows? no

Did Oda make the Admirals and Sengoku send Death Winks? no

Oda makes gag / goofy characters do goofy shit, and serious characters still be serious

the contrast between these characters when they fight has always been funny

but Luffy now turning even serious characters into goofy enemies? sounds shit to me

We already have no fear from the villains, all we had from them is that they had cool designs and powers

and now Luffy also turns them into jokes while fighting them
oda dick suckers always with excuses
this is dogshit
turning the main villain into a joke
i was looking forward to luffy vs akainu but after this hope akainu fights sabo :broocry:

I

Indigo

Doflamingo got tossed around like a ragdoll for a full chapter after Luff first went G4, i think it's just a matter of patience.
We're already seeing signs of the potential drawback of G5 and we're still gonna get the "time bomb" moment with Onigashima falling so let's not act like Kaido is defeated already.
Doflamingo wasn't turned into a balloon or used as a jumping rope, he got damaged and punched around, that's it and that it's fine

Doflamingo wasn't turned into a joke for getting damaged lol, he was still Doflamingo, Kaido is being turned into a cartoon character in the middle of the fight

I

Indigo

I try to think positively that Oda makes this worse on purpose to lower audience expectation first. So that when he introduces something interesting (e.g. Zoro's journey in hell), it will be extra amazing.
at this point we're just gonna get a goofy scene of Zoro running from death in the underworld and because he got "lost", Death couldn't find him and he got back, that's it

no black blades, no shimotsuki lineage, no king of hell

just a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.