Who will win the World Cup 2022 in Qatar?

• Argentina

Votes: 53 57.0%
  • France

Votes: 40 43.0%

• Total voters
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. It didn't collapse just over him, the majority of the players are not as good as some of the golden generation
That's also true but it was mostly thanks to Messi papering over the cracks that barca could even compete. He was doing the creating and most of the scoring alone since neymar left suarez started declining. Remember how he single handedly won Barca tie against Liverpool 3-0 scoring two goals one of them great fk in cl semi final. Now forget about cl semi finals we can't even get past group stages the team we have is actually a lot better than what Messi had when he was still at Barca

That's also true but it was mostly thanks to Messi papering over the cracks that barca could even compete. He was doing the creating and most of the scoring alone since neymar left suarez started declining. Remember how he single handedly won Barca tie against Liverpool 3-0 scoring two goals one of them great fk in cl semi final. Now forget about cl semi finals we can't even get past group stages the team we have is actually a lot better than what Messi had when he was still at Barca
Don't worry, after a downfall, there comes a rise :sadgrin:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It does seem like this WC was written in the stars for Messi. Despite a loss to a weak team in the first match, they gathered their strength and pulled through all the way to the finals. And France players are affected by flu or virus days before the final?

Hope the French will put on a show.
I also think like this but I'm afraid people underestimating France too much at this point.

Like it's crazy some of the takes about France I saw. They literally made the final with medium effort and some big names away due to injury or something.

Messi must pull a masterclass later today if Argentina wants to dream about this win.

I also think like this but I'm afraid people underestimating France too much at this point.

Like it's crazy some of the takes about France I saw. They literally made the final with medium effort and some big names away due to injury or something.

Messi must pull a masterclass later today if Argentina wants to dream about this win.
Exactly the moment Argentina get complacent or underestimate France because of absences they will be losing this final

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Whenever Barca got mentioned, it's mostly Messi talk. His name is always chanted. Again, not saying he's not amazing, but a striker can't do well if his team doesn't.

Even now, everyone is talking about Messi and not the Argentina team. No one can carry a team solo LOL
Disagree

Messi isn't a striker per se. He is a play maker.

He has 650 + goals for Barca but he also has 260+ assists. Many times he ran solo. He was and is a complete package - can finish, can create chances and can give wonderful assists. No one came to deliver on so many fronts so consistently.

Take this Argentina - Out of 6 matches they scored 12 - Messi has contribution in 8 of them - 66.6%. He also created maximum number of chances 18 for Argentina and for any team in this WC

He has won 5 PoTM out of 6 and gave one to another player so now he has 4.

It's obvious that it's team game and everyone counts but Messi was Central node to Barca and now Argentina. He isn't carrying team solo but he is literally leading them.

Take Messi out and this Argentina side would struggle a lot. One player makes a huge difference.

And, other players got recognition as well - Alvarez, Martinez and so on
Post automatically merged:

Yeah i feel that is such minor thing to make one turn on Messi:milaugh:
True

No one can turn against Messi for just one game against Netherlands when we know Netherlands provoked them first...unless you are Ronaldo fan and feeling insecure because Messi is in final and literally wants him to lose because of this. Which actually shows some people don't appreciate greatness and what a player contributed to football

Heck despite liking Messi more, if Ronaldo would have been in finals I would be rooting for him...He deserves the WC just like Messi.

Last edited:
Disagree

Messi isn't a striker per se. He is a play maker.

He has 650 + goals for Barca but he also has 260+ assists. Many times he ran solo. He was and is a complete package - can finish, can create chances and can give wonderful assists. No one came to deliver on so many fronts so consistently.

Take this Argentina - Out of 6 matches they scored 12 - Messi has contribution in 8 of them - 66.6%. He also created maximum number of chances 18 for Argentina and for any team in this WC

He has won 5 PoTM out of 6 and gave one to another player so now he has 4.

It's obvious that it's team game and everyone counts but Messi was Central node to Barca and now Argentina. He isn't carrying team solo but he is literally leading them.

Take Messi out and this Argentina side would struggle a lot. One player makes a huge difference.

And, other players got recognition as well - Alvarez, Martinez and so on
Post automatically merged:

True

No one can turn against Messi for just one game against Netherlands when we know Netherlands provoked them first...unless you are Ronaldo fan and feeling insecure because Messi is in final and literally wants him to lose because of this. Which actually shows some people don't appreciate greatness and what a player contributed to football

Heck despite liking Messi more, if Ronaldo would have been in finals I would be rooting for him...He deserves the WC just like Messi.
It’s overblown. Of course he’s the best player in the team, but put Messi in a shit team and it won’t make a difference.

Reborn

It’s overblown. Of course he’s the best player in the team, but put Messi in a shit team and it won’t make a difference.
How its overblown when he literally have records and stats backing him up?

When people talk about Barca then it's just not about Messi - we talk about how they have best Forwards combo - MSN and then in mid they had Xavi and Iniesta and in defence Pique and Puyol.

They all get credits - Messi simply gets more because he performed far more consistently as a play maker and as a finisher than anyone else .

How its overblown when he literally have records and stats backing him up?

When people talk about Barca then it's just not about Messi - we talk about how they have best Forwards combo - MSN and then in mid they had Xavi and Iniesta and in defence Pique and Puyol.

They all get credits - Messi simply gets more because he performed far more consistently as a play maker and as a finisher than anyone else .
No, he gets more because people wank goal scorers. No one is going to mention the defenders who started the attack or midfielders who spoon fed the attackers with the ball

It’s a normal thing in football but it is annoying.

Reborn

No, he gets more because people wank goal scorers. No one is going to mention the defenders who started the attack or midfielders who spoon fed the attackers with the ball

It’s a normal thing in football but it is annoying.
Again it's not like he was standing in the box only to score. He has 260+assists for just Barca. That's huge number for a player who is also top scorer for Barca with 670 goals.

Now let me tell you some other stats.

Iniesta has around 80 assists for Barca
Ronaldo around 90 for RM

Xavi around 130

Messi has twice that - 260 and is leading the charts both in terms of assists and goals scored in La Liga

Again it's not like he was standing in the box only to score. He has 260+assists for just Barca. That's huge number for a player who is also top scorer for Barca with 670 goals.

Now let me tell you some other stats.

Iniesta has around 80 assists for Barca
Ronaldo around 90 for RM

Xavi around 130

Messi has twice that - 260 and is leading the charts both in terms of assists and goals scored in La Liga
Assists are again possible when he played with other capable strikers. When he does it for Argentina? There his teammates flop as we saw in the last game - he can’t do it alone.

I don’t know why you’re comparing him to also Ronaldo when Messi played for Barca for 20 years while Ronaldo played for Real Scum for 9.

Reborn

Assists are again possible when he played with other capable strikers. When he does it for Argentina? There his teammates flop as we saw in the last game - he can’t do it alone.

I don’t know why you’re comparing him to also Ronaldo when Messi played for Barca for 20 years while Ronaldo played for Real Scum for 9.
Obviously that's why Barca had great team - Xavi, Iniesta and Neymar and Suarez and Puyol and like others were all great. No one can say Messi carried that team because they had great team.

Messi himself admits this.

Messi gets more credit because he was allover the contributions - a play maker likes of which this world hasn't seen

I know Ronaldo played less but even if you extrapolate his average it still won't be close to Messi Assists and that's for comparison that Messi isn't just about Scoring goals but also about creating chances and assists.