Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or she just goes out to sea with Momo?
Very, very unlikely, because if Momo goes to sea, there’s only one ship he‘s sailing on, and that’s Luffy’s. As he would only be going to sea to get to Laugh Tale like his old man. And I can’t see Momo actuallly wanting to sail right now, as he wants to be a Shogun- which his father didn’t until his journey was over.
Yeah, and both times she did she was under the impression that Momo and the Kozuki were long dead. After finding out they weren't, she proudly declared that she'd die for him. In other words, to Yamao Momo's protection > Her desire to go out to sea.
There would be no reason to have it re-emphasised (twice) in the flashback that Yamato dreams of going to sea if that dream was gone in the present day. A desire to protect does not mean that the dream for adventure is gone- and once Kaido and Orochi have vanished there’s nothing to protect Momo from. Right now, it is imperative that Yamato protect Momo with her life, because his life is in very grave danger. That isn’t the case once the war is over, she has no need to shackle herself again as a bodyguard to him, restraining her own dreams in the process. That’s the sort of thing Luffy and Zeff slapped out of Sanji in the Baratie.

Very, very unlikely, because if Momo goes to sea, there’s only one ship he‘s sailing on, and that’s Luffy’s. As he would only be going to sea to get to Laugh Tale like his old man. And I can’t see Momo actuallly wanting to sail right now, as he wants to be a Shogun- which his father didn’t until his journey was over.
We know for a fact that Momo's role in the story isn't over after this arc. We still have his mysterious Zunisha control powers + it was said that he would need to work with Luffy in order to help bring in the dawn. And now Yamao is saying the same thing about Momo playing a big role with the dawn.

Based on what the dawn likely is there are more ways one can help other than heading to Raftel. I proposed the idea of rallying countries sympathetic with the Ancient Kingdom and getting them prepared for the big war against the WG.
There would be no reason to have it re-emphasised (twice) in the flashback that Yamato dreams of going to sea if that dream was gone in the present day. A desire to protect does not mean that the dream for adventure is gone- and once Kaido and Orochi have vanished there’s nothing to protect Momo from. Right now, it is imperative that Yamato protect Momo with her life, because his life is in very grave danger. That isn’t the case once the war is over, she has no need to shackle herself again as a bodyguard to him, restraining her own dreams in the process. That’s the sort of thing Luffy and Zeff slapped out of Sanji in the Baratie.
There will be an even greater threat to Momo after Wano than there is right now. Wano's borders were closed to protect it from a "great external force". That's the WG, whom we've already seen have been in Wano during the arc and are aware of what's going on. The repercussions of the battle against Kaido will be huge and world changing. Yamao already knows Momo is someone incredibly important in all of this and so it makes no sense to leave him so that she can do literally nothing but travel around on a fun adventure.

I agree with you, the fact that her wish to adventure was mentioned again makes it seem only fair that she does also get to travel, but what was given far more importance was the need to protect Momo and the role she believed that he would play.

That's why I think the role of Momo and Yamao after Wano could be recruitment. They travel around the world rallying countries sympathetic with the Ancient Kingdom and they recruit them to the battle and rally them for war against the WG. Yamao's got the knowledge from Oden's journal and Momo's got the status as the shogun of the mighty nation of Wano.

The end goal of Wano is to open the borders. The purpose of which is to reconnect Wano with the outside world. But opening the borders alone won't fully accomplish that after centuries of isolation. They need someone to reestablish the severed bonds. Who else should do that other than the shogun of the nation? And if Momo were to do this, he'd need a very strong bodyguard for his journey to the different nations across the world. Whatever is left of the scrubbards isn't gonna cut it. But the daughter of the strongest creature in the world, who just so happens to have expressed an immense desire to protect Momo, fully understanding the important role he has to play? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Last edited:

This figure is obviously Luffy and the straw hats. What they are awaiting is the dawn. Momo's role is in working with them to bring about the dawn.

This relates to Carrot and Yamao, both SHP candidates who have narrative links to the dawn. However, the figure they're linked to is different and could say something about where they're gonna be post Wano.

Yamao
Yamao is linked to Momo. She believes he will guide the world to the dawn.

Carrot
Carrot is linked to Luffy and the straw hats. Pedro foreshadowed that one day she will understand their role in the dawn.

Both SHP and Momo will play the big roles in bringing in the dawn. But the fact that Yamao sees the dawn's guiding figure as Momo, whilst Carrot has been foreshadowed to see it as Luffy suggests those could be the figures they join up with and support. Their connections in the story only support this as Carrot is strengthening her bonds with the crew, whilst Yamao is strengthening hers with Momo.

Considering that Luffy’s friendships with each of his crew mates is partially founded on and supported by Luffy physically helping defeating a boss enemy that got in his friend’s way, then I’m sure that, if Luffy and Yamato aren’t friends already, then Luffy physically helping defeat Kaido will help for make a stronger friendship between him and Yamato, and then perhaps make a recruit status more likely.

Considering in the official release it sounded like Ace was regretful of not taking Yamato
What a twist of fate it would have been if Yamato had ended up coming along. She would have met Whitebeard just after Ace fought with Jinbe and had been incorporated with the rest of the Spade Pirates into Whitebeard’s crew, leading to her meeting Luffy much earlier at Marineford.

Carrot is linked to Luffy and the straw hats. Pedro foreshadowed that one day she will understand their role in the dawn.
Carrot is linked to the Mink Tribe as a part of their role to the Dawn... Mink are always connected to Kozuki...

At "worst", I expect Carrot with Wanda becoming Momo and Hiyori's official retainer alongside Tama, Shinobu, Toko and Tengu...

carrot aint SH material :jordanmf:
Absolutely true... Too generic and too average for a Post-Wano SH... I'm sure Robin, Franky and Brook will be more powerful than her after this arc...

Ill never accept Yamato as a strawhat if Oda makes her join I'll just ignore every scene of hers:lusalty:
I can feel that you'll abandon the series after Wano...

1. Yamato already desire go on adventure like rest the straw hats
2. She already has arc that center around her as character
3. She already has motivation and desire to join luffy cause moving forward
4. I believe we are getting sad backstory in possible act 4 or act 5. In terms before she met ace, after ace, and keeping up luffy progress in current story line
5. She has distinctive fighting style that makes her very different from the other characters
6. She was in predicament were she couldn’t getting herself of like rest the crew.
7. Luffy has already given her direct orders to her to look after someone just like what franky did in enies lobby
8. That flashback with ace talking about luffy to Yamato. Is giving you similar vibes to Yassop talking about ussop in front luffy. The thing Yamato she a lot call backs to previous straw hats moments in terms her situations.

Last edited:

Nami always loved kids. So it's only natural for her secret oni clone to become a babysitter. As for the crew? We've already got the original Nami. She's quite loved too, so another shouldn't be necessary. :catsure:
Carrot is linked to the Mink Tribe as a part of their role to the Dawn... Mink are always connected to Kozuki...
She was, until Oda decided to have her join the straw hats group back on chapter 823 instead of stay on Zou. Now she's bonded with them, lived with them, saved them etc. Pedro saying that she will realise their significance one day. That's an actual bond.
At "worst", I expect Carrot with Wanda becoming Momo and Hiyori's official retainer alongside Tama, Shinobu, Toko and Tengu...
That's funny because that's what I consider at "best" for Yamao. She's already doing such an amazing job looking after Momo. It would almost be cruel to take her away from her calling. Meanwhile Carrot has zero relations whatsoever with Momo since Oda built all of her relationships with Perospero (for the sake of the dawn + Pedro) and the straw hat crew.

Oda built new relationships between Carrot and the crew, whilst he instead built a new relationship between Yamao and Momo. I think we know who'll be stuck on diaper changing duty post Wano.

Nami always loved kids. So it's only natural for her secret oni clone to become a babysitter. As for the crew? We've already got the original Nami. She's quite loved too, so another shouldn't be necessary. :catsure:

She was, until Oda decided to have her join the straw hats group back on chapter 823 instead of stay on Zou. Now she's bonded with them, lived with them, saved them etc. Pedro saying that she will realise their significance one day. That's an actual bond.

That's funny because that's what I consider at "best" for Yamao. She's already doing such an amazing job looking after Momo. It would almost be cruel to take her away from her calling. Meanwhile Carrot has zero relations whatsoever with Momo since Oda built all of her relationships with Perospero (for the sake of the dawn + Pedro) and the straw hat crew.

Oda built new relationships between Carrot and the crew, whilst he instead built a new relationship between Yamao and Momo. I think we know who'll be stuck on diaper changing duty post Wano.
Yamato has already shown to have different personality that of nami. As well has different fighting style and even in her official color scheme is also complete different from nami. Yamato at least has devote flashback similar jinbei when he fought against ace. Is likely we are going get even more about Yamato before she met ace and after she left. So is likely sad past is coming soon.
Carrot might have had history with straw hats but let’s face it. Carrot hasn’t really had a arc that really certain around her as character unlike other straw hats before her. Most of time she has been with them she seems more like support of character and even wano so far she has been push to background and has become secondary character. Even her flashback it’s similar to otama, and bartolomeo which is means not really that important for her joining the straw hats. Carrot hasn’t exactly seriously conversation with luffy what truly desire. She hasn’t given any hints or any sort dialogue before she met Pedro. The only she has done snuggle on luffy and bite on his ear. Right now she isn’t exactly working alongside straw hats she basically resolving personal grudge alongside with Wanda to avenge Pedro’s death.

Last edited:
Bonded? Oh, just like how Shinobu bonded with the crew... I have to be brutally honest here, but Shinobu bonded with each of the SHs better than Carrot did... Pauly, Camie and even Pappag did better as well...

What relationships? A non-existent one?

People really think that someone who got introduced over 60+ chapters in an arc will join the SH? :whitepress:

It's obvious she's there as a babysitter for Momo,she's already bonded with Momo well better than with Luffy - Luffy who didn't even care about Yamato's connection to Ace,(which was also forced in order for people to care about her,because Oda is speedrunniing the development of this rushed character). Luffy giving Yamao the nickname was the cherry on top,the true signal of essentialy friend-zoning her out of SHs. :suresure:

Yamato proclaimed that she will protect Momo as long as she's alive AND proclaimed that he is the one to bring the dawn,all which happened in the present time. Her wanting to leave was before she found out about Momo and Scabbards being alive :kata:

If she says she wants to leave with SHs to Momo then maybe i will give it a better look,for now she's an obvious red-herring for fanboys to gasp over because she's OMG POWERFUL WAIFU :gokulaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.