Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much too early but Yamato would be perfect. Rebellious son of Kaido who will need a new home once Kaido is defeated. Also shares similarities to Oden.

He's strong, appears to be a good guy, doesn't have any kind of fleet to become a grand fleet member. Most likely will have some kind of backstory.

The only question is his role on the Sunny, I don't know what he would do.
And here is Recoomeboom, But he was beaten out by Mina and AwakenFruit just one page earlier.
Post automatically merged:

@Ravagerblade Looks like a decent deal. What do you think?
I mean I already said w/e to it.

Jinbe is 301cm, Luffy height 174 cm
Yamato while bending over is more than 1.5 times Luffy height
That makes Yamato atleast 450 cm, 4 feet taller than Jinbe.
If only Yamato still retained that height, shit was magical! lol

Yamato's obviously going to be one of the main characters of Wano/Onigashima, but there's nothing yet that implies he's going to do anything after this arc. Because he's barely done anything. Give the guy about ten chapters, then we'll see whether he can be talked about as a potential Strawhat or just another big ally like Carrot.

Couldn't help myself there.
:cheers::wonderland::ronalaugh:
:luuh:

To put it as simple as possible,

Momo is not destined to be the shogun at least not now , the whole arc has been building up how he's weak and can't be the shogun and has to learn a lot more cause Momo is not Oden

As for Tama , the promise that Ace made will be fulfilied by Luffy that's something I'm confident on both her and Yamato wants to set sail to the seas and be free something Luffy values and understand even more than Ace

I would say out of the three Momo is the least confident one about but the only reason i included Momo is just because the 2 cabin boys and you can talk all you want about parallels but Oda maintain these and the fact Roger had 2 cabin boys that were extremely young will repeat here , that's without mentioning that Yamato said to Momo he's the one that will bring the dawn HIM AND LUFFY together.

Give me a single character that asked Luffy to join his crew and was this heavily set up and I will not talk back again, you have 1000 chapters you could even go back to Vivi's moments who had insane setup to join the crew

read chapter by chapter , Vivi was even featured in the cover pages and story covers that only the SHs get even Jinbei after saying I will join in both FI and WCI wasn't put in the cover pages with the SH til recently ... Everything made sense that Vivi would join but there was a big responsiblity she couldn't leave behind as the princess

And you could say the same for Momo (if u want to ignore everything he has gone through) , you can't say the same for Tama and Yamato.
luffy’s crew is not a parallel of Rogers crew. The best parallel we have for the SHs is Blackbeard’s crew. Just because momo is significant for the dawn doesn’t mean his significance will be as part of the SH crew. he’s more similar to the likes of Rebecca, Vivi, and Shirahoshi. tama is literally just another island exclusive character meant to raise the stakes of the arc

Yamato’s story is still being developed since she was just introduced recently but to me right now it looks like her significance is going to be in wano. She said she wanted to join when she was first introduced but that was at the beginning of her character arc so we have no idea whether she’ll be the same when wano ends and her character has developed fully. I really doubt she’s gonna go out to see JUST because Oden did it because her still being an Oden wannabe at the end of her character arc would be redundant. Her saying she’ll die for momo is also extremely telling

Carrot has been around for 200 chapters and there is no indication of her character arc going anywhere other than with the SHs. If anything her path resembles Jinbei’s more than any other character, which is why I think she’ll join. The post-TS formula for characters joining the crew has obviously changed

Last edited:
Like how Franky knows too much about Pluton...
We the readers know about Pluton too. It is a ship with the power to sink islands. It's not the kind of thing Luffy would care about discovering himself. That's not a comparable spoiler to having read a travel log of someone who journeyed to Raftel. There's info about the will of D is and many other "very important things" written down in Oden's journal.
The crew knows it for sure... Oda will probably reveal it to the readers once the crew is considered complete
This is nothing more than a wish with no supporting evidence.
So if Yamato knows something that Luffy already knows, she knows too much to join the crew? It's his own dream. That's not a spoiler.
I'm not talking about Luffy getting spoilt on his own dream lol. The point is that this is a mysterious additional dream that goes beyond just being PK. It's Luffy's end goal ambition and it's been intentionally kept secret from us the readers and the actual straw hats. It's just odd that Oda would let one of the crew mates in on a secret about Luffy's dreams that none of the others are even aware exists. It'd be fine if it was just a small detail about him, but Ace called it Luffy's "ultimate dream". Unless the other straw hats find out in this arc too what it is then it would be very odd for just Yamao to know this major thing about Luffy.
As far as Oden's journal, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Given how Roger beratted the guy who tried to make an eternal log pose to Raftel, do you really think Oden would have written down those spoilers in a journal that someone else could find? Kaido could easily have found it instead, or discovered Yamato had it and taken it from her. Roger would have been super pissed if he found out Oden wrote that stuff down. I'm sure it doesn't contain actual spoilers.

Maybe it'll be revealed to everyone before the end of Wano but I do not like the idea of Yamato knowing the endgame of Luffy's dream/ his secret dream when even his oldest crewmates that have been with him for 1000 chapters got no idea he even has one. Makes me sick tbh
Tbh, there's no evidence they don't know this dream. To me, its very obvious that they've probably heard it before and never thought it was a weird idea. I could imagine us getting a moment with each crew member and Luffy offhand saying it to them.

Also there isn't any evidence that Odens journal has more than what we already know or have learned from the flashback. Robin also 100% knows more about the world than she lets on anyway, especially certain characters like Kuma.

Tbh, there's no evidence they don't know this dream. To me, its very obvious that they've probably heard it before and never thought it was a weird idea. I could imagine us getting a moment with each crew member and Luffy offhand saying it to them.

Also there isn't any evidence that Odens journal has more than what we already know or have learned from the flashback. Robin also 100% knows more about the world than she lets on anyway, especially certain characters like Kuma.
Well, they didn't know he had a brother Ace for example. Luffy can keep stuff that seems important hidden if he's not asked to. During the chapter 100 where they all shared their dreams to each other Luffy simply said he'll be the pirate king. In over 20 years nothing hint that they know anything beyond "I'll be the pirate king". For Ace it was obvious he knew something beyond that even before the flashback because of these words. Didn't come from nowhere.

>My only regret is... not being able to see the "final stage/endgame of your dream" ( that part is emphashized) in the original version.

Could Luffy have told them off-screen? Possible. Everything can happen off-screen. But that's not really an argument
It's not like Luffy keeping it shut would be out of character. Ace saying " 夢の果て" (endgame/final stage/result of a dream) implies this is something that will only be relevant after Luffy becomes pirate king.
Since current Luffy is fixated on finding the One Piece and becoming the pirate king, it would be fairly consistent for his character to not brought up the next part of his dream because this is simply not relevant yet. Maybe his crewmates asked him what he'll do after becoming Pirate King and he gave his answer but that's a supposition not backed up by anything. If they do know I'll admit I was wrong but I'm pretty sure they don't and it is mean to be a revelation for the straw hats like it will be for the readers. (Straw hats tend to discover new things about Luffy as the same time as we the readers do, like Ace being his brother, Garp his grandpa, Dragon being his dad)

Last edited:
We the readers know about Pluton too. It is a ship with the power to sink islands. It's not the kind of thing Luffy would care about discovering himself. That's not a comparable spoiler to having read a travel log of someone who journeyed to Raftel. There's info about the will of D is and many other "very important things" written down in Oden's journal.

I'm not talking about Luffy getting spoilt on his own dream lol. The point is that this is a mysterious additional dream that goes beyond just being PK. It's Luffy's end goal ambition and it's been intentionally kept secret from us the readers and the actual straw hats. It's just odd that Oda would let one of the crew mates in on a secret about Luffy's dreams that none of the others are even aware exists. It'd be fine if it was just a small detail about him, but Ace called it Luffy's "ultimate dream". Unless the other straw hats find out in this arc too what it is then it would be very odd for just Yamao to know this major thing about Luffy.

As far as the first part, isn't it more weird if some one arc rando knows Luffy's true dream than one of the crew? Also even if that was weird, it's not exactly evidence against Yamato because they could easily just reveal the dream this arc since they've now alluded to it so strongly.

As far as the second part, I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me. We know perfectly well that Yamato thinks the diary is important. It's literally her "Bible". Her saying there are important things in it does not mean it has to be Raftel coordinates or the secret of the void century.

As far as the first part, isn't it more weird if some one arc rando knows Luffy's true dream than one of the crew? Also even if that was weird, it's not exactly evidence against Yamato because they could easily just reveal the dream this arc since they've now alluded to it so strongly.

As far as the second part, I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me. We know perfectly well that Yamato thinks the diary is important. It's literally her "Bible". Her saying there are important things in it does not mean it has to be Raftel coordinates or the secret of the void century.
I was interpreting”bible” that is her more like that were ideology comes as a person.

Last edited:
luffy’s crew is not a parallel of Rogers crew. The best parallel we have for the SHs is Blackbeard’s crew. Just because momo is significant for the dawn doesn’t mean his significance will be as part of the SH crew. he’s more similar to the likes of Rebecca, Vivi, and Shirahoshi. tama is literally just another island exclusive character meant to raise the stakes of the arc

Yamato’s story is still being developed since she was just introduced recently but to me right now it looks like her significance is going to be in wano. She said she wanted to join when she was first introduced but that was at the beginning of her character arc so we have no idea whether she’ll be the same when wano ends and her character has developed fully. I really doubt she’s gonna go out to see JUST because Oden did it because her still being an Oden wannabe at the end of her character arc would be redundant. Her saying she’ll die for momo is also extremely telling

Carrot has been around for 200 chapters and there is no indication of her character arc going anywhere other than with the SHs. If anything her path resembles Jinbei’s more than any other character, which is why I think she’ll join. The post-TS formula for characters joining the crew has obviously changed

Okay i dont really need brain damage arguing this , told u there's a 1000 chapters and if u find me a single example like this I will admit to be wrong ... but you didn't instead mentioned the princesses that i talked about

And your only argument is that "Yamato will change" even tho 2 chapters ago she declared her dream as "I want to go out to the seas" and yes she wants to protect Momo RIGHT NOW CAUSE IT'S A FUCKING WAR AND HE'S THE NUMBER 1 TARGET AS KING HIGHLIGHTED LAST CHAPTER , IF MOMO DIES THE WAR IS OVER .... sometimes I wonder if ppl bother to read the manga before posting

Since when Luffy's crew parallels BB ? is that smth you came up with just rn to make you feel better about this argument ?

- Luffy has been always compared to Roger not any other pirate (Shanks included lol)
- Both SH and Roger ships were built in Water7 by the same old wood
- Oda literally went out of his way to give Zoro a scar on his left eye to parallel with Rayleigh and both being Swordsmans
- Yamato's first remarque to Luffy that just like Oden who went on Roger's ship , she has to join on Luffy's ship ... she didn't fucking compare him to Blackbeard did she ?

And finally don't put words into my mouth and keep me out of that stupid discussion that "If you believe Yamato is joining then Carrot isn't" both could join as far as I know , The story is ending and for me this is the last arc we will get recruits and it will be in mass.

To put it as simple as possible,

Momo is not destined to be the shogun at least not now , the whole arc has been building up how he's weak and can't be the shogun and has to learn a lot more cause Momo is not Oden

As for Tama , the promise that Ace made will be fulfilied by Luffy that's something I'm confident on both her and Yamato wants to set sail to the seas and be free something Luffy values and understand even more than Ace

I would say out of the three Momo is the least confident one about but the only reason i included Momo is just because the 2 cabin boys and you can talk all you want about parallels but Oda maintain these and the fact Roger had 2 cabin boys that were extremely young will repeat here , that's without mentioning that Yamato said to Momo he's the one that will bring the dawn HIM AND LUFFY together.

Give me a single character that asked Luffy to join his crew and was this heavily set up and I will not talk back again, you have 1000 chapters you could even go back to Vivi's moments who had insane setup to join the crew

read chapter by chapter , Vivi was even featured in the cover pages and story covers that only the SHs get even Jinbei after saying I will join in both FI and WCI wasn't put in the cover pages with the SH til recently ... Everything made sense that Vivi would join but there was a big responsiblity she couldn't leave behind as the princess

And you could say the same for Momo (if u want to ignore everything he has gone through) , you can't say the same for Tama and Yamato.
Seems like you have missed him saying he needs to muster up his courage to grow into what people think of him as symbol.
So what you said never happened in regards to Momo, he knows he is only there as the son of Oden, which is a given considering his age, this was never a problem for Wa No citizens, and he himself said he is accepting it even if eh is scared.

It will in the future, once again, the problems that existed in context with Ace, they still exist.

Info on Will of the D? Something that Luffy doesn't even care about (as Robin mentioned), and is not even confirmed to be written there (more of a wish on your side with no supporting evidence)... At most, that "very important thing" might be the location of the 4th Road Poneglyph...

Same as your "Carrot connection to the SHs", lack of evidences (everything presented are mere self-serves)... Because Carrot's connection so far is very identical to Kokoro's connection to the SHs during CP9 saga...

I was interpreting”bible” that is her more like that were ideology comes as a person.
Which reminds me, Bible is full of symbols and aren't meant to be translated literally...

She's very similar to Kokoro during CP9 saga...

This... Even the contents of the Poneglyphs that Robin read aren't revealed or discussed until it's relevant...

Info on Will of the D? Something that Luffy doesn't even care about (as Robin mentioned), and is not even confirmed to be written there (more of a wish on your side with no supporting evidence)... At most, that "very important thing" might be the location of the 4th Road Poneglyph...
Oh I’m sure Luffy will end up caring about the Will of D. if it has to do with the Celestial Dragons, whom are practically natural enemies against D. carriers and Luffy is angry towards, and that if his freedom is threatened, if not, if one of his friends ends up getting harmed if some strong enemy happens to have a grudge against D. carriers in the first place. Also not to mention how the Will the D. may possibly be connected to the future war that will consume the whole world one day.

Oh I’m sure Luffy will end up caring about the Will of D. if it has to do with the Celestial Dragons, whom are practically natural enemies against D. carriers and Luffy is angry towards, and that if his freedom is threatened, if not, one of his friends ends up getting harmed if some strong enemy happens to have a grudge against D. carriers in the first place. Also not to mention how the Will the D. may possibly be connected to the future war that will consume the whole world one day.
He will, but not now... Even if Robin and Yamato shove the fact to his throat right now, he won't care until he feels the need... Knowing Luffy, he'll only start to care once they reach Laugh Tale because they'll learn the "truth" and it is necessary to surpass Roger's feats...

I'm surprised that people here are likely smart, detailed and good at delivering arguments.

I don't want another people join just for reducing Robin's presence that has been diminished for years. That's why I'm against Pudding theory cause of third eyes (wtf, her awakening can suddenly read the long-lost script) lf recruitment really needed, they better serve another role even just for being a dancer (rip viola's dancing ability)

One thing I want to predict is someone will join in exchange of ancient weapon narrative plot like we got Franky for Pluton, Jinbe for Poseidon instead of Yowahoshi (it's a stretch tbh). So far there are bunch of theories Momo and Uranus.

Yamato may have info related to that in her bible. Or maybe someone from sky?? I'll be happy if they join for that info and support that narrative.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that people here are likely smart, detailed and good at delivering arguments.

I don't want another people join just for reducing Robin's presence that has been diminished for years. That's why I'm against Pudding theory cause of third eyes (wtf, her awakening can suddenly read the long-lost script) lf recruitment really needed, they better serve another role even just for being a dancer (rip viola's dancing ability)

One thing I want to predict is someone will join in exchange of ancient weapon narrative plot like we got Franky for Pluton, Jinbe for Poseidon instead of Yowahoshi (it's a stretch tbh). So far there are bunch of theories Momo and Uranus.

Yamato may have info related to that in her bible. Or maybe someone from sky?? I'll be happy if they join for that info and support my narrative.
I think all of our saying is this when luffy set out on his journey he did say I want at least 10 people. So far in the current story he has about 9 people who join him right now. There theories that fans believe there might more than just 10. Even luffy’s dark counterpart in the story has already have about 10 people under his wing post timeskip. Personally I don’t want see situations where robin will be kidnapp through out rest story by Marshall d. Teach. It would kind suck if luffy Recruits his last member the straw hats wouldn’t fully assemble. I like the idea Blackbeard finding his own method to get laugh tale. Especially when referring to the third eye tribe since that’s specific race that has been mention two arcs lately. Chances are Blackbeard might have the info about that.

I do love a good wager. So here's mine: both Carrot and Jinbe will be the only new official Straw Hat crewmates when the crew arrives at the island immediately following Wano. The pot is open until spoilers for 1001 come out; to sign up, @ me and let me know. I'll pick someone from that list at that time, and if I end up being wrong, I'll wear an avatar of that person's choosing (within forum rules) for a full year. Everyone who chips in on the wager will get a credit in my sig leading with "Avatar made possible by:". If both of them do officially join by that time, all those in the wager will wear a tasteful Carrot avatar of their choice but approved by me (no sarcasm, no gore, no Playboy bunnies, just nice stuff) for a year. All conditions are to be fulfilled within a week of the chapter where they arrive at the new island.

To be clear, if Yamato or anyone else joins instead of or as well as Carrot, or if no one besides Jinbe joins, or even if Carrot is there in an unofficial role like before, I lose. And I won't ask any Carrot supporters to join me: it's not a wager where you'll get glory for winning, but I hope that you'll find worth in the battle we've fought up to now.

I do love a good wager. So here's mine: both Carrot and Jinbe will be the only new official Straw Hat crewmates when the crew arrives at the island immediately following Wano. The pot is open until spoilers for 1001 come out; to sign up, @ me and let me know. I'll pick someone from that list at that time, and if I end up being wrong, I'll wear an avatar of that person's choosing (within forum rules) for a full year. Everyone who chips in on the wager will get a credit in my sig leading with "Avatar made possible by:". If both of them do officially join by that time, all those in the wager will wear a tasteful Carrot avatar of their choice but approved by me (no sarcasm, no gore, no Playboy bunnies, just nice stuff) for a year. All conditions are to be fulfilled within a week of the chapter where they arrive at the new island.

To be clear, if Yamato or anyone else joins instead of or as well as Carrot, or if no one besides Jinbe joins, or even if Carrot is there in an unofficial role like before, I lose. And I won't ask any Carrot supporters to join me: it's not a wager where you'll get glory for winning, but I hope that you'll find worth in the battle we've fought up to now.
How about no thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.