[FNZ] Role Madness A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rereading rn but have @T-Pein™ and @Blue contributed anything at all?? i just see some posts here and there from t-pein about who to lynch and all im really seeing from blue is not really relevant to the game at all (tho im clueless about flavor so idk if its important in that sense)

it just feels like theyre cruising by unnoticed which doesnt really sit right with me

scum lean for now.

Ah I recall

He had some takes which I thought were pretty decent but he's yet to get off the fence still
I kinda felt the opposite, none of his takes seemed particularly good to me. I couldn't even tell you what they were without rereading tho so take this with a pinch of salt.

Why have you decided to change the tone of your posts suddenly and give us a warning?

I town read you so far, but this is a strange comment.
as i said in the post before this, i am someone that people currently playing recognize. id rather play in my own natural tone than one was i just playing up.

i gave a warning because i know those not familiar with me would notice the shift and would be confused by it.

Only read 18 of 52 pages so far and it was on my phone at the airport so am continuing to try to catch up.

Gonna give the thoughts I noted down so long:

- No problem with RippedCal trying to refocus town on roles (not flavour) early. Was logical and important particularly knowing Grammaton as a host and how he will undoubtedly have designed the game to punish us for flavour-hunting (his OP confirms this anyway)
- Neeko's aggressive questioning is noted. Will need to learn more about them as a player to know if its proper hunting or an attempt to take initiative as scum. Null for now.
- Chevy is just being Chevy. Inserting himself into unnecessary situations is his standard way of playing as town so I'm leaning town.
- Players who I noted for posting a lot without actually offering a lot of original thought included Luthon, Fuji, and Charlie. I honestly largely skimmed the Evans/Charlie interaction because it didn't feel all that relevant and is more likely just them getting bogged down.
- Arp I haven't played much (any?) mafia with but I have interacted with him a good chunk outside of Mafia. His play reeks of rookie mafia jumping onto the defensive when any slight accusation arises.
- I've got this post down as my reason for townreading Pero. Reading someone as town for thinking your play is scummy feels like a town move.
Something tells me I should know you. Ace perhaps?

@Neeko

Your elaboration on Chevy would be much appreciated. I think it's quite transparent that you're saving him from getting too much momentum so an analysis of his play is due.
Sure I can do that. Would you like reference to games from other other site too?

Some of the accusations against him just fall flat though in generally. 1) Chevy isn't a power scum or anywhere close to that, he wouldn't take lead on a brand new site in a brand new situation. It can be said what he was doing wasn't exactly power scumming and that's fair, but if that is what you think he was doing this aint it. 2) the lower hanging fruit comments are silly for the reasons i mentioned before. he would have no idea who is and who isnt low hanging fruit considering he has not played with anyone.

the whole tunnel aspect of how he played is pretty much in line with how he plays. he fixates on 1 or 2 people, questions and goes after them, pretty much sees everything they do as scummy to fit the push he's making, and goes from there. while he can do that as scum, the fact he backed off me and the things he went for in regards to charlie(the small little nitpicky mistake of who pushed someone first and how charlie mentioned his name first) is what it seem like chevy was town essentially seeing things that i personally dont consider A.I.(alignment indicative).

CFD is common in this forum so pretty sure someone is going down today. It’ll be most likely the person who is in most peoples sus list.

BTW this isn't a hybrid game right? Just majority.

If that's the case then a lot of you need to start committing to a push and making an actual wagon. You don't want to approach deadline and hope to get a lynch then. The tactics in majority and deadline aren't the same and cfd are generally stupid as all hell to do in majority.

You want a reasonable wagon and directions by the 24-20 hour mark. You want those options to be discussed. You want an actual lynch to be decided a few hours prior to deadline not at deadline. With 32 players a lot of people that are currently active should be having more urgency towards this.
most games here are deadline lynches correct? as cfd is a deadline lynch tactic.

CFD in majority is stupid and will result in some dumb wagon analysis as people are forced to jump on late just to make the lynch happen, which also means it's much more likely people jump onto a town wagon than a scum one seeing as there's a majority of people needed to achieve the lynch opposed to just having the largest wagon.

Sure I can do that. Would you like reference to games from other other site too?

Some of the accusations against him just fall flat though in generally. 1) Chevy isn't a power scum or anywhere close to that, he wouldn't take lead on a brand new site in a brand new situation. It can be said what he was doing wasn't exactly power scumming and that's fair, but if that is what you think he was doing this aint it. 2) the lower hanging fruit comments are silly for the reasons i mentioned before. he would have no idea who is and who isnt low hanging fruit considering he has not played with anyone.

the whole tunnel aspect of how he played is pretty much in line with how he plays. he fixates on 1 or 2 people, questions and goes after them, pretty much sees everything they do as scummy to fit the push he's making, and goes from there. while he can do that as scum, the fact he backed off me and the things he went for in regards to charlie(the small little nitpicky mistake of who pushed someone first and how charlie mentioned his name first) is what it seem like chevy was town essentially seeing things that i personally dont consider A.I.(alignment indicative).
I for one would not consider what he's doing "power scumming". Just appears as standard scumming to me.

For 2) Posts can be low hanging fruit and you can identify players who make them as targets, knowing them is not a requirement. Though I also would hesitate to say with Charles, if Chevy is scum, he was going for LHF either, as I kinda thought his stated reason for suspicion was rather contrived.

I can't comment on his meta, but I do find it a bit interesting you've described him as tunneling when his/your interaction was concluded in maybe less than 10 posts?

In short I will note the indicators you've stated for his play, but even by what you've told me it doesn't seems like he's a dead ringer for his town meta. I'm not going to outright say you're wrong either though because he has relatively little to go by atm

he is new tho
I played with him in his first game over on another site, and I confirmed in wow game he hadn't played between then. If you say he was frustrated over being caught though then I agree being new isn't a defence.
can you link that game from that other site to me please.

id like to see how he reacted to pressure in that game for reference.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
I for one would not consider what he's doing "power scumming". Just appears as standard scumming to me.

For 2) Posts can be low hanging fruit and you can identify players who make them as targets, knowing them is not a requirement. Though I also would hesitate to say with Charles, if Chevy is scum, he was going for LHF either, as I kinda thought his stated reason for suspicion was rather contrived.

I can't comment on his meta, but I do find it a bit interesting you've described him as tunneling when his/your interaction was concluded in maybe less than 10 posts?

In short I will note the indicators you've stated for his play, but even by what you've told me it doesn't seems like he's a dead ringer for his town meta. I'm not going to outright say you're wrong either though because he has relatively little to go by atm
Didnt you vote for me because i was suspicious of him and now you are too what?
You rolled scum didnt you ultra?:kobeha:

Didnt you vote for me because i was suspicious of him and now you are too what?
You rolled scum didnt you ultra?:kobeha:
Pero I voted for you because it looked like (and you probably did) slap Chevy on your scum list when people (Me) started voting/talking about him.

Also, you've invoked the whole incompatible suspects things multiple times in your own defense, too much for my liking.

Back to actual scum pile you go

@SoulKiller not sure why you disbelieve my newness although I appreciate the credit to my game ability you've stated and implied with that.

As I've said before I'm reasonably fresh to the game and not really sure how you're expecting me to react. One vote might not be dangerous on its own but iirc it was the first vote and the misread of my reference to the wotlk game got my back up.

I only referenced it to provide the context of its been done before recently it could happen again. A throwaway question that wasn't entirely meant to be serious as the Post about the secret chat seemed an obvious joke to me.

How can I be of service to the town and convince you I am not a bad dude?[
/QUOTE]

id focus less on the pressure on yourself and focus more on finding scum elsewhere.

that said, do you find either soul or I scummy for the way we pushed you? I even got two others that are relatively inactive to join your wagon, is that scummy to you?

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎵 ✨✨✨
You're talking about Luthon ya? The guy you told me has never played serious over here or whatever? If you know him well enough to tell me that, why would you here refer to him as "this Luther guy" as if you barely know him? The two don't fit well.
Luther used to be TAC - a super moderator on our forum but apparently he retired and turns out right now he’s changed his UN to Luther as well. I was equally confused. I came to know about this from Fuji and Pero while playing this game.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Pero I voted for you because it looked like (and you probably did) slap Chevy on your scum list when people (Me) started voting/talking about him.

Also, you've invoked the whole incompatible suspects things multiple times in your own defense, too much for my liking.

Back to actual scum pile you go
You arrived at the same conclusion i did.
Its ok man.

Well whether he thinks that or not it doesn't track with my experience of him in games. To give just two examples S2R12 here I played with him he was mafia and had thousands of posts and Xmas mafia which u played with him he was serial and very active.

If your earlier point that I challenged was coming purely from the POV of that post you just quoted however then it makes perfect sense.
It was from that view point.

I don't think it's necessarily impossible for him to keep up the same level of activity, but the immediate joy/urgency to do so isn't always there when you're scum vs. town. As in, I'm sure in the past you've seen that you're scum in a game and didn't want to immediately go into a thread to pretend to scumhunt vs. when you see that you're town and it's much easier to get into a game because you just go with the flow with no strings attached.

I think an aspect of Arp's reaction that has been alluded to but not really explored is how he could be frustrated noob townie. The problem is that a player in this description usually gets super indignant and goes full tilt WIFOM. Instead Arp seems rather annoyed and eventually acquiesces his accusers are probably town. There's personality/playstyle here to take into account but the first place a player who has little grasp of the game but is still town looks is to who is accusing them. To not do that is odd.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
We're halfway through, time to start moving. Can we have a vote count please? I'm thinking we need a claim from two of Kagura/Arp/Pero/Chevy. Should be easy to tell from the votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.