Fanclub Critics Club

Poll #1 — Which Arc is Worse?

• Total voters

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Didn't Oda say something recently though that, He's limited on pages so he's scrambling on how to fit everything onto panels etc...?
Probably Why everything is such shit now, Dude should just be able to use as many panels as needed in a way or so. Jump is probably the reason.
This is exactly the reason why I hate how many characters Oda shoved into Wano. It’s gonna be hard for him to juggle screen time for all of them. We have Marco and his allies, Yamato, Kaido’s crew, and now CP0. There’s too many people here

The raid of Onigashima has been really underwhelming storywise and most of the fights aren't that exciting either outside of the rooftop fight.
I am also critical of Yamato's character and personality, of the Scabbards having been able of injuring Kaido like that, of how the Calamities have been used so far barring Jack, of the Sanji vs Kalifa situation repeat, the very bad and wasteful use of the Big Mom Pirates and of Tama's df being able of working on Smiles users.

Heh, have we all given up on even reading the series? xD It's waaaaay too quiet here
Chapter 1010 was a game changer for me.
Before him I had a ritual, I woke up every friday, prepared my coffee and read the chapter, avoided spoilers and was my precious moment as someone who has been following One Piece for 15 years.

Today I don't even read the chapters anymore, just the spoilers and that's enough for me. Today I'm much more interested in things like the empty century than Luffy defeating the strongest creature.

I've given up. I read the spoilers since I am on the site anyway but I am here for Kingdom and Record of Ragnarok, not One Piece.
Oh, speaking of Kingdom xD I haven't read several chapters xD

I stopped so it could build up a little. Is it good still?

Been waiting for something good to happen in this series since Dressrosa. The wait has not been worth it. :lusalty:
Lmao, I feel ya bro xD
Post automatically merged:

Chapter 1010 was a game changer for me.
What happened in that chapter again? xD I could google it, but I'm lazy

Lmao, I'm one of the ones that have basically stopped reading it :/

Hence why I'm hardly active anymore, though I did tune in to read the part about the Nika Nika no Mi :)
Lol I'm really enjoying it :handsup:

Especially because I hate Oden and thought that flashback was the biggest mistake of the series, things have been pretty fun and interesting since

Righto. Lol. Stuff is still good. Big things are happening. That being said, you might as well wait for more chapters to build up. The English translators are competing with continents to see who can move slower.
No prob :) I don't mind waiting for chapters to build-up
It helps that I feel no compulsion to comment on every chapter xD
Post automatically merged:

@TheAncientCenturion you should make a club only for powerscalers.
Good god no O_O The forum would collapse xD

Heh, have we all given up on even reading the series? xD It's waaaaay too quiet here
I'm just indifferent now.

Still reading the chapter every week, but not taking part in any story-related discussions anymore.

It just doesn't have me hooked atm.

Pacing is atrocious, writing is repetitive and I simply don't feel any kind of thrill or tension.

Will be back with story-related discussions, when Oda finally does the things he can do well again (lore and worldbuilding) after the snoozefest fights are all over.

I am still baffled and mad about how godawful Oda is at writing and using female characters, and how he ignores or mistreat characters such as Tashigi, Big Mom and her daughters.
For someone who grew up watching action girls and strong women in books and on TV this is particulary sore.

Last edited:
I am still baffled and mad about godawful Oda is at writing and using female characters, and how he ignores or mistreat characters such as Tashigi, Big Mom and her daughters.
For someone who grew up watching action girls and strong women in books and on TV this is particulary sore.
What I am more baffled by is the fact that he keeps trying to cast female fighter characters despite failing miserably every single time he tries.

The reason we know so well that he sucks at those kinds of characters is because he keeps trying to shove them down readers' throats.

We wouldn't know he was so utterly awful at them if he just didn't write them. The man doesn't know his own weaknesses.

Oda is so bad in his attempts at female fighters that I would rather see no more of them in One Piece than see whatever other dumb duds Oda has planned.

B

Ballel

What I am more baffled by is the fact that he keeps trying to cast female fighter characters despite failing miserably every single time he tries.

The reason we know so well that he sucks at those kinds of characters is because he keeps trying to shove them down readers' throats.

We wouldn't know he was so utterly awful at them if he just didn't write them. The man doesn't know his own weaknesses.

Oda is so bad in his attempts at female fighters that I would rather see no more of them in One Piece than see whatever other dumb duds Oda has planned.
That's the thing: he doesn't consider it a weakness.
Damsels are Oda's preferred type of women.
It's enough for him if the girl can potentially fend for herself or shows the ambition to do so when no man is around.